R.R. Donnelley

Relevance Date Difficulty

Legal Proofreader Interview

Legal Proofreader
Charlotte, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in March 2010.

Interview Details – The job was not as advertised. The hours and duration were not what the recruiter said they would be. The working conditions were also that of a sweat shop. i declined the job.

Interview Question – Would you be willing to work every weekend from 11 PM to 8 AM?   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Nashville, TN

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in May 2011.

Interview Details – Received phone call and scheduled interview

Interview by two people. Questions came from a company interview sheet for a project manager. The hiring manager stated the same questions are asked to everyone who applies for the position to be fair to everyone that applied.

questions about situations and how you would handle them.

Interview Question – How would you handle an upset customer?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Project Coordinator
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in July 2011.

Interview Details – Questions to expect:
Types projects worked
Technical skills
Volume managed
Work process
Client and vendors communication
Present a case study
Example of a pressure situation - how to handle it
Time management skills
Ask job related kind of questions
Strenghts - weaknesses
weaknesses - that can be viewed as a strength

A very corporate environment, i.e. cubicles, impersonal, soullessness (which some people might like, not me)

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was a long-term contract position, paid per hour, with a slight chance moving on as a permanent employee. Hourly wage and yearly salary were on the lower range for the position.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Material Handler Interview

Material Handler
Dwight, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process is very basic. There is a 1-1 interview where they ask you some behavioral based questions, what kind of skills do you have that would make you fit for working for the company etc. When the interview process is overwith you they give you a tour of the plant and you go home and wait for a phone call to see if you have recieved the job.

Interview Question – how are you with working in teams?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in July 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and got a call about 2 weeks later. When I went in for the interview, the hiring manager said this was the first round of "meet and greet" interviews, as the talent pool was very large. No other real information, nothing about the job. I think this person was just really impressed by the volume of people that applied for the position.

Got shuffled out within 20 minutes, saying that she had 2 more people coming in after me.

Waste of time.

Interview Question – How do you feel about working in a buttoned-up Corporate environment?   View Answer

Employee Relations Interview

Employee Relations
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in September 2009.

Interview Details – Contacted by Recruiter for invitation to apply. Recruiter presented role and company over several calls prior to my acceptance to submit a resume. Held 1:1 phone interview with one manager and was requested to fly to Chicago to interview with Legal team, Director of ER, recruiter, and other team members. The interview was scheduled for a full day and the company paid to bring me in. I arrived at the office in the morning and the recruiter took the day off. The Director of ER and team conducted a very brief conversation and brought to the Legal Team. I spent 1 1/2 meeting their team and asking questions. I was scheduled to have lunch with the Director of ER however, I was told they were done with the interview and I could have lunch (by myself) in the cafeteria or take an earlier fight home. I elected to return to the airport at which time I was directed to the elevator and told I could catch a cab. I returned home and did not receive any return calls from the recruiter as to feedback or concerns. I would NEVER and I have steered others from applying to this company,

Interview Question – Tell us about your experience in handling employee relations casework.   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Auditor
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in August 2008.

Interview Details – I got the interview through an employee referral. The HR rep contacted me first for an intial screen and asked me for dates/times for an in person interview. I was interviewed by the VP and Managers that I will be reporting to within the week. They asked basic questions related to my background and why I was looking to leave. Minimal technical questions were asked and the environment was very casual. The VP did the most talking and I didn't get a chance to give any input. I was offerred a job within two days after the 1:1 interview.

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current position?   Answer Question

Accounting Supervisor Interview

Accounting Supervisor
Avon, CT

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in May 2010.

Interview Details – They made me go through 5 interviews with 7 people with the last leg in Chicago. Then, after the 5th round of interviews, they decided I didn't have enough experience. You would've thought they would have known that prior to flying me to Chicago (and returning me the same day!). Talk about an exhausting, wasteful trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, the benefits sheet I was shown was incorrect, leading me to believe there was a pension plan when there wasn't.

I'm glad they didn't offer me the job because the benefits I was shown seemed weak (2 weeks vacation, no sick time). That's awful to say the least.

Interview Question – Explain to me how you implemented change and dealt with the reactions of employees   Answer Question

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Programmer/Analyst
Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in February 2008.

Interview Details – Simple and somewhat quick.

Interview Question – Questions about software performance   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was too inexperienced to know that I should negotiate. Big mistake.

Material Handler I Interview

Material Handler I

The process took 2 days - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in February 2008.

Interview Details – The interviewing process went very well. They were kind and understanding, working around my schedule. During the interview, they were thorough with their explanation of my job and its responsibilities; however they did not tell me that mandatory rotation was very rarely worked around, which concerned me when I wanted to attend school. Other than that, they were nice and thorough.

Interview Question – What I had done in past jobs to inspire safety.   Answer Question