R.R. Donnelley Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kings Park, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kings Park, NY

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in September 2007.

One day interview , some questions were about my future goals, what I will bring to the company, my past experiences and expertise. They hired me right on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • How long would it take you to make a meaningful contribution to our firm?   Answer Question

customer serfvice rep Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Georgetown, KY
    Anonymous Employee in Georgetown, KY

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in March 2009.

I was interviewed by a two person panel. They were very professional, and did not ask any stupid questions. The only question they asked of me was "Describe a time when you had to deal with a disgruntled customer and how you handled the situation." Otherwise, the questions were appropriate and timely. My perceptions of the people were that they were overall very happy to work there and the culture I perceived as a family type culture.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you encountered a disgruntled, angry customer and explain how you handled the situation.   View Answer
    • When would you take care of dr appointments, wait till you have a day off or take part of a work day?   View Answer

Shift Lead Interview

Very Slow and not satisfied. HR was very slow in scheduling the interview timings and the dates kept changing. The Joining date was not shared properly, there was a sudden change in joining date as well. Which was not disclosed prior.

Interview Questions
    Negotiation was tough yet it was likely satified

Financial Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in January 2012.

Walk in. They tested our basic accounting Skills

Interview Questions
    They fixed the salary. No negotiation took place.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thiruvananthapuram (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 5 days - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in May 2012.

2 telephonic rounds, One with HR - just a basic understanding of the background
    Second Technical - rigorous - 2 hrs...basic accounting understanding to expertise in excel

Interview Questions
    For a first job its fine...but stay only until you feel you are doing right for yourself. Once you feel you are done, its time to move on.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Kraków (Poland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kraków (Poland)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in December 2012.

3 phase interview: CV sumbission, f2f meeting, follow up call. The process was excellent without any additional recruitment agencies.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions. The company puts much attention to practical/problem solving. The questions were mainly re problem solving, for example "what would you do if you run out of budget..." etc...   Answer Question
    The negotiation was quite difficult, the company preffers to hire contractors as PMs.

MIS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Thiruvananthapuram (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in May 2010.

Interview process is not so complicated. But after selection, people has to wait to days to get their background verification cleared. Usually interviews are walk-in and usually happens most days. Intake of employees depends on requirement from concern departments and lot of sorting process is involved. For eg, only 5 or 6 people will be selected from 50. You have to be very good in communication and writing ability.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are easy and expected. For beginners the questions like letter writing, emails etc will be tough - even though we are familiar with letter writing in school/colleges, the case here is different. They expect very professional letters. Same in the case of emails – we are not good in writing professional emails. Also in case of graphic designing questions, we use to get unexpected question. Only people with experience in this are can give up, not recommended for fresher.   Answer Question
    This was my first job, so I accepted the offer. You have to talk with other employees about the facilites and try to understand about the company before accepting offer.

Graphic Designer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Applied online to job posting on Indeed.com. Received phone call from HR 2 weeks later, to set appointment. Interviewer did most of the talking. Seemed to be practicing a PR speech for the company. It appeared that the position had been filled by the time my interview had been scheduled, and the interviewer was going through the motions. Waited 40 minutes in lobby for the appointment to begin. Never heard back from them, despite my thank you emails and note. I get it that companies cannot reply to all applicants, but they called me in for an interview. They can't follow up, even with a canned "thanks, but no thanks?"

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when a project you were working on did not succeed and why.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in March 2008.

It was a campus interview post B.COM. There was a written test with Logical reasoning, General Knowledge, Analytical and English. Followed by Technical round by managers (panel of 2) about the interests, basics of accounting, ratio analysis, sectors etc. Further there was a HR round on explaining the pay packages and policies of the company.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation as it was a campus placement

Director_Admin & Facilities Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Chennai (India)
    Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 12 months - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in January 2008.

Communication
    Planning
    Timing
    Professionalism
    Frank Nature
    Style
    Ideology

Interview Questions
    • Current Affairs
      info About the unknown company