R.R. Donnelley

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in May 2012.

Interview Details – 2 telephonic rounds, One with HR - just a basic understanding of the background
Second Technical - rigorous - 2 hrs...basic accounting understanding to expertise in excel

Interview Question – How long will you stay here   View Answer

Negotiation Details – For a first job its fine...but stay only until you feel you are doing right for yourself. Once you feel you are done, its time to move on.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Kraków (Poland)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in December 2012.

Interview Details – 3 phase interview: CV sumbission, f2f meeting, follow up call. The process was excellent without any additional recruitment agencies.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions. The company puts much attention to practical/problem solving. The questions were mainly re problem solving, for example "what would you do if you run out of budget..." etc...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation was quite difficult, the company preffers to hire contractors as PMs.

MIS Associate Interview

MIS Associate
Thiruvananthapuram (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in May 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process is not so complicated. But after selection, people has to wait to days to get their background verification cleared. Usually interviews are walk-in and usually happens most days. Intake of employees depends on requirement from concern departments and lot of sorting process is involved. For eg, only 5 or 6 people will be selected from 50. You have to be very good in communication and writing ability.

Interview Question – Most questions are easy and expected. For beginners the questions like letter writing, emails etc will be tough - even though we are familiar with letter writing in school/colleges, the case here is different. They expect very professional letters. Same in the case of emails – we are not good in writing professional emails. Also in case of graphic designing questions, we use to get unexpected question. Only people with experience in this are can give up, not recommended for fresher.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – This was my first job, so I accepted the offer. You have to talk with other employees about the facilites and try to understand about the company before accepting offer.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley.

Interview Details – Applied online to job posting on Indeed.com. Received phone call from HR 2 weeks later, to set appointment. Interviewer did most of the talking. Seemed to be practicing a PR speech for the company. It appeared that the position had been filled by the time my interview had been scheduled, and the interviewer was going through the motions. Waited 40 minutes in lobby for the appointment to begin. Never heard back from them, despite my thank you emails and note. I get it that companies cannot reply to all applicants, but they called me in for an interview. They can't follow up, even with a canned "thanks, but no thanks?"

Interview Question – Describe a time when a project you were working on did not succeed and why.   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate
Chennai (India)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in March 2008.

Interview Details – It was a campus interview post B.COM. There was a written test with Logical reasoning, General Knowledge, Analytical and English. Followed by Technical round by managers (panel of 2) about the interests, basics of accounting, ratio analysis, sectors etc. Further there was a HR round on explaining the pay packages and policies of the company.

Interview Question – Case study solving   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation as it was a campus placement

Director_Admin & Facilities Interview

Director_Admin & Facilities
Chennai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 12 months - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in January 2008.

Interview Details – Communication

Manufacturing Supervisor Interview

Manufacturing Supervisor

Interviewed at R.R. Donnelley

Interview Details – several interviews. Not much to report

Interview Question – Can you fix the machines if they break down.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much to report

Multimedia Technologist Interview

Multimedia Technologist
Chennai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in December 2008.

Interview Details – It was conducted by one of the operators and was not up to the mark

Interview Question – No technical questions but gave a test. They failed to correct my papers and finally I was asked to take a retest and passed.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You cant negotiate here. Whatever they fix we have to accept. Else "There are many people waiting outside. I can take any one of them who accepts to work for this salary. If you wish you can stay, otherwise please leave" will be the answer

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Programmer/Analyst
Chennai (India)

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in November 2008.

Interview Details – Select the candidates from professional networks and private agencies. Job opening are mostly permanent based jobs and often contract based jobs are hired. Interview process is most likely 3 to 5 rounds based on relevant work experience. (Aptitude test, Technical rounds and HR rounds).

Interview Question – Why do you looking for job change?   View Answer

Research Associate Interview

Research Associate

Interviewed at R.R. Donnelley

Interview Details – initially they screen the resumes , then they start with one min introduction round and then they conduct a written test , after that they conduct HR round after that round they announce the results . if we got selected , they told us to submit our documents for verification .

Interview Question – not at all . everything seems easy for me   Answer Question