R.R. Donnelley

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in July 2011.

Interview Details – Questions to expect:
Types projects worked
Technical skills
Volume managed
Work process
Client and vendors communication
Present a case study
Example of a pressure situation - how to handle it
Time management skills
Ask job related kind of questions
Strenghts - weaknesses
weaknesses - that can be viewed as a strength

A very corporate environment, i.e. cubicles, impersonal, soullessness (which some people might like, not me)

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It was a long-term contract position, paid per hour, with a slight chance moving on as a permanent employee. Hourly wage and yearly salary were on the lower range for the position.

Project Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in June 2011.

Interview Details – Pre-interviewed by HR person who asked me lots of questions about why I thought I'd be good in position. Then interviewed again with direct reports 2 days later. Lots of formal behavior-based interview questions (boring). Then hit more to questions pertaining to exactly what I'd be doing. Very quick & friendly.

Interview Question – Name a time you had to deal with a difficult individual, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took a day - interviewed at R.R. Donnelley in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was relaxed and informal. Two managers asked about my previous experience in managing work and staff. I would be in a lead role. They were good about explaining that full training was included and not to worry about knowing their processes. I think they were looking for good communication skills and the ability to work under pressure. The work enviroment would be relaxed, but the work itself would require extreme accuracy. Advise - just be yourself.

Interview Question – How much did I know about HTML?   View Answer

Worked for R.R. Donnelley? Contribute to the Community!