R.V. Kuhns Interview Questions

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.7

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R.V. Kuhns.

Interview

Easy to get along with and conversational. Phone interview, followed by two in person. Very friendly management. Interview consisted of department manager, HR, and four team leaders. Most people interviewing you will be close to entry-level age.

Interview Questions

• would you delay a vacation flight on Friday to stay late for a project?   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at R.V. Kuhns.

Interview

PMA manager, HR manager, and the four team leads in the PMA department will sit in during the interview. It may seem a little overwhelming at first but they all contribute to the interview and it does not seem like you're being put in the spotlight. The PMA manager is very skilled at interviewing so just try and be yourself and be truthful in your responses.

Interview Questions

• What type of role do you prefer when working on a team project?   1 Answer

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at R.V. Kuhns in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online and got an email three weeks later setting up a phone interview. Phone interview lasted 15 minutes in which I was invited to an in person interview the next week. Very basic questions mostly related to my qualifications.

Interview Questions

• If money, time, and health were not an issue what would be your dream job and why?   1 Answer

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at R.V. Kuhns.

Interview

I submitted a resume, C/V and some work samples online. I forgot about it then 2 months later one of their Managers emailed me to set up an interview. I had one 45 minute phone interview that was one on one, and one in person interview that was a panel of three. The phone interview was pleasant and the manager was very nice. However, in the second interview, she asked me pretty much identical questions as the first interview. I tried to make it more conversational but she insisted on making it an awkward Q&A session. The two other people in the interview were very friendly and asked decent questions.

Interview Questions

• If you were tasked with building a team, what would you look for in your teammates?   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Interview

It was relaxed with lots of behavioral questions. Asked about time management, how I would handle a last minute request, and my attention to detail.

no negotiaion

Investment Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R.V. Kuhns in June 2013.

Interview

I submitted an application online after seeing a posting for the analyst position on my university's career website. 2-3 weeks later I was contacted via email by the HR manager requesting a phone interview that would be about 45 min - 1 hr. I spoke with a team leader/manager who would oversee this position in it's job responsibilities. The questions were get to know you, walking through resume, and behavioral based. Another week or two later, I was contacted again for a group phone interview with the same manager, and various analysts on the team. More specific questions on stock pitch, mutual fund selection, etc. The interview lasted about 40 min. Everyone I spoke with was polite, but not necessarily warm. There was a specific work experience I had on my resume they grilled me on, to determine if the experience matched their position's responsibilities, I assume. Overall, the questions were simple. However, the folks I spoke with weren't transparent in helping me to understand the organization as a whole. Would ask the same questions in different ways, after I repeatedly gave the same reply. Not really a connection I guess.

Interview Questions

• What small cap equity mutual fund would you recommend to our team and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at R.V. Kuhns (Portland, OR) in May 2013.

Interview

I had applied on R.V. Kuhns website. I received a call awhile later (about a month!) to schedule a phone interview. The interview was pretty standard. I talked with the manager while the HR manager was listening in. The questions were simple, like what would your previous employer say is your strength? Your weakness? etc. I was contacted within a few days to schedule an in person interview. I met with the Manager who I spoke with on the phone, the HR manager again, and three of the team leaders. The questions were pretty standard for the most part. They asked questions about my resume, my work experience, why I wanted to work in finance, etc. I was told that it could be two weeks before I heard from them. Within a few days I had an email scheduling a second in person interview. This time they asked more scenario based questions. How would you handle a situation if your manager had trained you one way, but the person you were working with told you to do the task a different way? They didn't ask any question about technical financial situations. It was more to get an understanding of my thought process. At the end of the second in person interview I was asked to take an Excel test and a finance test. Both were relatively easy. The laptop I was using was older and was a PC while I've been using a MAC a lot lately. The finance test was pretty standard. I do not have a strong background in finance and was able to answer the majority of the questions (they were just short answer). The group was wonderful! They interacted with each other and were telling jokes and giving each other a hard time. I think they would be a great group to work with!

Interview Questions

• What percentage of my grades in school were because I was smart and what percentage was due to hard work?   1 Answer

I declined because: -I got an offer with a considerably higher salary elsewhere -Decided that the financial industry was not for me -Better healthcare options with other company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at R.V. Kuhns (Portland, OR).

Interview

I received an email asking to schedule a date/time for a phone interview. I accepted, and the phone interview began on the scheduled date/time. From the onset, the interviewer was scripted, which lends itself to being very impersonal. She only asked a few questions, and a couple follow up questions in response to my answers. During the process, I couldn't help but think "you can tell a lot about a company by how they treat their candidates". This rang true during the interview. Although the interviewer was nice and respectful, there was just no connection and I felt like I never stood a chance. At the end of the interview, she asked me to reflect on the interview, then email her letting her know whether or not I wanted to continue on through the hiring process. That was weird. It was an 'easy-out' for her, which, again, made me feel like I never stood any chance, and as it turns out, I didn't.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were boiler plate. If you've ever prepared for an interview, you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at R.V. Kuhns (Portland, OR).

Interview

Phone call from HR personel Phone call with group of current analysts Trip to Portland Oregon with an initial interview with current team leaders as well as current entry level analysts, tour of facility, excel and finance related quiz.

Interview Questions

• If a senior analyst told you to do something one way, but your team leader told you never to do it that way, but you were working directly with the senior analyst and creating a report for his client who likes it his way, what would you do?   1 Answer

Real Estate Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at R.V. Kuhns (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The interview process consisted of the recruiter emailing me for work submissions, transcripts, cover letter etc. She requested a phone interview which lasted less than 5 mins. I was asked 3 questions....just 3 which was outrageous. She then went on to say that she was to pass on the answers to the recruiters who would decide whether I would be hired or not. So the recruiters would decide from 3 vague questions that were asked? Got an email the following week saying no. Odd recruiter on the phone who seemed uninterested in the process. It's a shame because R.V Kuhns is apparently a trusted name.