RAC Acceptance

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at RAC Acceptance.

Interview Details – Completed a quick phone interview and was invited to the store to interview. Standard interview questions and had to do a role play for a sales scenario.

Interview Question – Caught off guard by the role play - but if you have any sales experience you will be fine.   Answer Question

Sales Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RAC Acceptance.

Interview Details – There are at least two interviews, even if one is brief to follow up on some questions from the first. They have a thorough drug and background check. You have to have retail experience or you won't get hired. They make you do an observation of the job, but you usually don't get to see what the full job entails. They even have a list of things you're supposed to see but half of them don't even apply to the job.

Interview Questions

• How will you grow your business as a Sales Manager?   View Answer
  • How will you bring your store's past due account current?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation on the offer, just a thumbs up or a thumbs down for what they handed you.

Allentown, PA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RAC Acceptance in December 2012.

Interview Details – Initial communication comes after the online assessment. One interview then a day of observation to see what the staff does.

Interview Question – Where will you be in 5 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, the salaries are preset for each kiosk based on sales volume and raises are automatic

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at RAC Acceptance.

Interview Details – Applied for position through company website. Called same day for face to face interview with the District Manager. Had the interview the following day. I found it odd that a DM wanted to do an interview on a Saturday afternoon. Met with the DM and was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Question – Are you comfortable calling people at home to collect payment   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Everyone is brought in at the exact pay scale.

Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at RAC Acceptance in February 2012.

Interview Details – Be detailed, ready to learn, dress professional

Interview Question – Overcoming situations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pay, hours, scheduling not negotiable.

Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at RAC Acceptance in October 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for Rent a Center, but recruiter called me about a new company affiliated with them, called RAC Acceptance. I filled out and application online, then agreed to report into a store for a non paid 3 hour workday, in order to decide if I really like the job. Once I reported to the store, was told to fill out a form stating that I WILL NOT be paid for attending work for those 3 hours. The DM was not available for the interview, so I met with a store manager.

Interview Question – have you performed collections.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, either accept the position or no employment.

Sale Manager Interview

Sale Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at RAC Acceptance.

Interview Details – Ask questions designed to slip up more simple minded people. Be consistent and kiss butt.

Interview Question – How do you build a good customer rapport?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Everything is set as far as pay.

Sales Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RAC Acceptance.

Interview Details – a phone interview then a face to face interview

Very Easy Interview

Sales Manager

The process took 3 days - interviewed at RAC Acceptance in November 2011.

Interview Details – VERY easy interview with both the store manager and district manager. Be honest and it will get you far.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Non-negotiable.

Interviews for Top Jobs at RAC Acceptance

Worked for RAC Acceptance? Contribute to the Community!