RAND

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at RAND in April 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very straightforward. I applied online, was contacted within three weeks about coming to DC for an interview, and interviewed the next month for the position. The interview was conducted over the course of one day, with 8 30-minute one-on-one interviews with research directors, as well as a lunch with individuals who had the position for which I applied. I was very impressed by everyone who interviewed me and found the process smooth and enjoyable.

Interview Question – I was asked by several interviews to name specific projects/reports published by RAND and analyze their content, as well as provide my own opinion on the research.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really room for negotiation, but the offer was very fair.

Santa Monica, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at RAND in May 2008.

Interview Details – All-day interview meeting with all levels of people, from HR to Research Assistants and Researchers. Everyone is very polite and encouraging and wants to see what you bring to the table and if you are a good fit with the culture. While everyone is very busy with their own work the atmosphere is very cooperative and you get the feeling that they love what they do.

Interview Question – Talk about your research experience, educational background, etc. Pretty standard but thorough.   Answer Question

Research Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at RAND in January 2010.

Interview Details – Seemed pro forma and that they were required to post the position but already had someone they wanted to hire. Totally uninterested , box checking, no response to topics/questions/attempt at any convo. Came away with the impression that job was posted strictly for CYA purposes. Clubby.

Interview Questions

Worked for RAND? Contribute to the Community!