RAND

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at RAND in June 2011.

Phone interview, then back-to-back meetings with 6 staff members. The staff were good listeners, asked smart questions and let me know that it was a great place to work. I set some boundaries early on by saying that I needed work-life balance and that was very much supported.

Interview Questions
  • Describe the process you would undertake for this specific project and they system your would put in place to carry it out.   Answer Question
I named a price and they countered with something very close. Plus, the benefits are amazing. 4 weeks vacation with bonus pay for actually taking the days, plus they contribute 10%-14% of your salary to retirement!

Other Interview Reviews for RAND

Researcher Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at RAND in December 2009.

Professional acquaintance called and pitched the position to me, invited me to send a resume and writing sample. I did so. I was invited to fly out for day-long interview (standard in my field) with seminar and several interviews including a lunch interview. Just a minor complaint: for a coast-to-coast flyout they should have offered to take me to dinner too but did not.

Unique to this organization is participation in teleconferences with offices in other locations. Teleconference equipment was state of the art and very effective, almost like being there.

All the travel arrangements and logistics were smooth and professional.

Interviewees should mainly do their homework on the organization and the position, like with any job.

Research Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at RAND in January 2009.

I was contacted by the department head and interviewed by two within the department

Interview Questions
    • Why I wanted to move to that specific city   View Answer