RAND

Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at RAND in April 2014.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very straightforward. I applied online, was contacted within three weeks about coming to DC for an interview, and interviewed the next month for the position. The interview was conducted over the course of one day, with 8 30-minute one-on-one interviews with research directors, as well as a lunch with individuals who had the position for which I applied. I was very impressed by everyone who interviewed me and found the process smooth and enjoyable.

Interview Question – I was asked by several interviews to name specific projects/reports published by RAND and analyze their content, as well as provide my own opinion on the research.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't really room for negotiation, but the offer was very fair.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RAND in August 2010.

Interview Details – One primary interview, followed by three with researchers

Negotiation Details – Unable to negotiate

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at RAND in July 2009.

Interview Details – I applied online in December 2008 and got a call from RAND in the spring of 2009. I was interviewed over the phone, then had to pass a computer-based test on my skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, typing, proofreading, etc. I passed and got a second call to come in for an interview. Three researchers interviewed me, each separately; all three of them were very enthusiastic and cordial. A few days later I got an offer which I couldn't refuse. RAND offers great benefits (health insurance, 15 vacation days a year, retirement plan) and has a very friendly work environment.

Interview Question – How do you keep up with current events/politics?   Answer Question

Worked for RAND? Contribute to the Community!