RAPP

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Senior Information Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at RAPP in May 2010.

I have to say that Rapp isn't geared towards online media. This was repeated during the interviews. I came across as someone who had many years experience working with other ad agencies and this is not what they 'really' wanted. They have their own ways of doing things at the Irving office. User-experience is not exactly a great career ladder at Rapp as was seen that the UX director who had initially phone screened had left the company before I even got a chance to interview.

The interview consisted of an account manager who had 'her own idea' as to how the user-experience architect should work on. Outdated processes, unrealistic expectations was pretty much status quo from everything she was talking about. That's the problem with ad agencies... lots of ego, little real world experience.

The Creative Director was cool and told me I'd be running into problems with the creative team if I hired on as an IA, as they rarely saw eye to eye with the UX team.

So if you really want a career where your going to have to fight for your existence every day in an ad agency more geared towards junk mail than website creative work, feel free to take the job. I wouldn't be happy there.

Interview Questions
  • What processes did you usually deal with?   View Answer