RB

3.4

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RB in November 2012.

The first round of interviews were via Skype. There were two interviews in this round, oen with an HR manager and one with a Senior Brand Manager. Most of the questions I got here were fit/behavioral questions. The next round of interviews were part of the Graduate Assessment Day. For this round, there were several group case interviews, one one-on-one interview, and some case write ups.

Interview Questions
  • The relatively more difficult questions were the ones with the group case interview, where the questions were with regards to the specifics of brand management.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for RB

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Ryde (Australia)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Ryde (Australia)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RB.

Got contacted by recruiter
    Online numerical test
    Interview with HR manager and Senior Brand Manager

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeksinterviewed at RB.

Application + an online test, then an interview with senior brand manager and an interview with HR

Interview Questions
    • Just behavior questions, nothing difficult, except for that they repeated exactly the same questions for me for both interviews (which were on the same day)   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at RB in December 2011.

The recruitment process involved four stages. It started with an online numerical test, after passing that, I had a 30 minute phone interview with the HR manager; which was basically an introduction to the company. For this stage of the interview I was asked to talk about myself and my experience with P&L statements. The next stage involved a 30 minute phone interview with one of the marketing directors. At this stage I was asked to expantiate on the content of my resume; for example I had written as an objective statement that I had "intuitive creativity", I was asked to give an example of how I displayed that trait. I was also asked questions that displayed some of my marketing knowledge; like "give the positioning statement of a brand you couldn't live without". The next stage was a Skype interview with another marketing director, this interview was initially supposed to be held in person at the New Jersey office, but because I was travelling on vacation within a very short time frame, the marketing director decided to hold the interview via Skype. This was an hour interview composed of multiple behavioral interview questions. I received a verbal offer for the position the next day. Overall the recruitment process took about a month.

Interview Questions
    • Tellme how you deal with pressure   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you persuaded other people to do what you wanted   Answer Question
    • Tell me the positioning statement of a brand you couldn't live without   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at RB in October 2011.

Basically, some behavioral questions for an hour in total (meeting for 30min with 2 different interviewers). They want to know about your past experiences and also your brand management skills. Be prepared to explain every moves and positions in your resume and to give an example of a good and a bad ad, and why.
    Also, be prepared to name one of their product and describe its positioning (what makes it successful or not)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

The process took a dayinterviewed at RB in September 2010.

I had 3 back to back interviews in the final round with marketing executives that lasted around 2.5 hours in total. I was told that it was going to be a behavioral interview only to find out that it was a case interview, which I was not fully prepared for. So regardless of what the coordinator says, it's best to prepare for 2 types of interviews.

Anyway, I felt that they didn't have much structure in their interview process cause I was initially informed that it'll be in New Jersey and it'll last for 2 days. Then I just found out that it's just going to be an hours worth of interview in Mississauga. There was also no one in the final interview to tell you about what the next steps should be. I'm actually assuming that it's the final round but who knows, maybe it's not.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to bring product x to Canada, what should I do?   View Answer

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slough, Berkshire, South East England, England (UK)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RB in April 2010.

2 steps interviews with HR & hiring manager, then marketing director. competency based questions such as tell me a time when you had the opportunity to demonstrate your leadership skills, what was your biggest achievement....

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at RB in January 2009.

Long drawn out process. Terrible HR that is unwilling to help. Favouritism is huge.

Interview Questions
    • If a lily pad doubles every second. After 10 seconds, it reaches a certain size. At what point was it half it's size?   View Answer
    Negotiate always, ask for signing bonus.