RB Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.1

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at RB (Parsippany, NJ).

Interview

Online math test; two 1-1 in-person first round interviews with (a) someone from HR and (b) senior brand manager; then their "Graduate Assessment Day" which included an individual written case, a group case to present to managers, a negotiation simulation with part of a team, and a 1-1 behavioral interview.

The negotiation simulation was peculiar - you're put into groups of 4 people and you have to rank order some characteristics on your own only to then as a group decide the "ultimate ranking" for your team. There are about 3 RB employees sitting in the room taking notes on you, so it's kind of an odd activity. With the group case, again there are about 3 RB employees who take notes on you while you prep for your group presentation and watch everything you do. I think the written case and behavioral interview aspects are pretty typical and straightforward.

I was not a fan of this process, however, I will say that I think the interview process is very true to who RB is as a company. RB knows what it stands for and what it wants in employees, so if you like the interview experience then I think RB is a great fit for you (or if you're like me, this whole process solidifies that RB is not the right culture). It's not good or bad - it just is.

Interview Questions

• Why RB? (During the graduate day, a lot of questions I felt were more about proving my interest rather than demonstrating my knowledge or skills)   Answer Question

Regulatory Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RB (Parsippany, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process was more employee geared than corporate. As in the interviewer was motivated by how well the applicant would fit into the team, and the benefits both parties would gain by the employment. The environment of the company appeared upbeat.

The only con I experienced with the hiring process was with the recruiter. I would highly suggest RB scouting their talent directly.

Interview Questions

• How open are you to cross department training? (This is probably a role specific question) I dont believe this is a standard question for all applicants.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at RB.

Interview

30 minutes interview through Skype. Nothing special, all basic behavior questions. Answering in STAR will be all good. Interviewer will be open to any question, so bring some questions will be definitly help ful

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the time you were facing pressure and how you overcome it.   Answer Question

Purchasing Coop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at RB (Ithaca, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Finishing the previous interview description. So the interview took three rounds, one HR and two team managers who will decide if his team wants you. HR is responsive while the managers were too busy to schedule anything with me soon. Now I work here I realized why; they are really busy doing their jobs. But be patient and follow up with HR regularly (three days interval is suggested if no one responded). Manager interviews are interesting as they are truly a mutual interview, and you MIGHT get to choose your manager if your perform good on both.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions. Not many supply chain questions. Mostly discussing job functions and how I will be a good fit from a skill set point of view.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at RB.

Interview

I applied online and heard from a recruiter relatively quickly. An in-person meeting was quickly arranged and then cancelled/postponed due to travel. I was supposed to meet with several people and ended up speaking with one of them on the phone. After that, my interview was never rescheduled, and I randomly heard back about a month later that I was not being considered. Honestly, after hearing how this global company is kinda behind the times on technologies and efficiencies, it is probably for the best. Who wants to work at a backwards company? I don't.

Supply Chain, Coop Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at RB in February 2015.

Interview

Talked with a rep at my schools career fair, and applied through a job portal. Contacted within a week to schedule an interview with someone with HR. Interview was behavioral, no surprises. Typical questions. Got an email within a week after to schedule a second round interview with a manager. Interview was a basic "tell me about yourself..."

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had presented an idea for a project but decided against going with it? How did you convince others not to pursue your idea?   Answer Question

Interview

Overall amazing experience. Some 24 candidates were called in for an Assessment day for the final round after online screening. I was directly put to the assessment day since I had won their innovation challenge competition.
    Evening before the assessment day all candidates were invited to a cocktail event organised by the RB employees. This gave us an opportunity to get to knoe them and the culture better. Also to show them who we are.
    On the assessment day many rounds of interview were there. Technical, HR, some 3 case studies.

Interview Questions

• what are thedifferent ways of dispensing air refreshners   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RB.

Interview

The program has 2 interview rounds, the first one is behavioral and second is an assessment day. The first interview is relatively straight forward with behavioral questions. The assessment day consists of several case studies and group activities to assess candidate skills. To prepare for the assessment day, it is advised that candidates focus on qualifications in the job description and remember to demonstrate active participation, entrepreneurial ideas and pro active leadership. The culture is very entrepreneurial and employers are looking for the same spirit in future candidates.

Interview Questions

• First Round: Simple behavioral questions like why RB, how have you created a win-win situation etc.
      Second Round: Assessment Day with multiple activities

Answer Question

Manufacturing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RB.

Interview

Approached the company reps through a university fair. They got back to me the day before the interview date, apologizing and asking interviewees to schedule their interviews asap. The interviewer was an industrial engineering major fresh out of college and had no actual knowledge of manufacturing engineering. He was unenthusiastic and went through his questions as quickly as possible. The questions were typical behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you used a large data set to recommend a suggestion. (I had trouble understanding what he was asking)   Answer Question

Manufacturing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at RB in September 2014.

Interview

Initial communication was through career fair at university. Received email a week or so later to set up time for on campus interview. The interview was one-on-one and the interviewer provided lots of information on different locations of companies.

Interview Questions

• When was the time that you applied your technical skill well in a group setting?   Answer Question