RB

Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at RB.

Interview Details – Initial call from Director of BD. Later on, HR got involved, so there was no initial screening by an HR person. Relatively quick process overall. HR very supportive with relocation issues too.

Negotiation Details – accomodating and met my requests

Summer Intern Interview

Summer Intern

Interviewed at RB

Interview Details – At B-Schools. Very intuitive process, no surprises.

Interview Question – Have to pass a numerical test.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at RB.

Interview Details – I was recruited out of a sales competition to go through a final round of interviews at the headquarters in New Jersey. The final round was a two day event, with a cocktail party the first night and interviews the next day. During the interview day we had an online test to showcase or math skills, a one on one interview, and several case studies. The case studies were challenging and you are watched pretty much the whole time to see how you perform and work with a team!

Interview Question – Based on the given sales data and polls, decide which product will be most successful if brought to market and the strategy you would use to launch this in your region.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – All employees are expected to move locations about every two years! I decided that this was not the lifestyle for me.

Commercial Graduate Development Program Interview

Commercial Graduate Development Program
Parsippany, NJ

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at RB in November 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email to set up a Skype interview. After making it through the initial interview, I was invited to RB's U.S. headquarters in Parsippany, NJ. The company covered all travelling expenses including a car service to and from the airport.

The assessment is a day-long process at the HQ that involves a series of interviews, case-studies, and tests. The next step is a job offer, which I didn't receive. From what I gathered, the assessment days are very competitive, at least for the commercial program, with only several applicants offered employment.

Overall it was a great experience. The culture there is very appealing, and mostly everyone involved in the recruiting process was friendly and helpful. If you are interested in any of their programs, I would suggest you apply.

Interview Question – RB focuses on behavioral questions instead of typical interview questions. This can be quite difficult because you'll have to come up with real-life examples of group work/leadership etc.   Answer Question

Commercial Graduate Development Program Interview

Commercial Graduate Development Program
Parsippany, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RB in November 2012.

Interview Details – - Application and assessment test
- In person or skype interview: explain resume, answer behavioral questions, ask them questions.
- Full day interview/exercise with other applicants; 1 group case study, 1 group presentation, assessment test (same), interview (same)

Interview Question – behavioral question: Explain a situation where you had two conflicting options and you had to choose the option that you didn't agree with. What were the pros and cons? what did you do? What was the result?   View Answer

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Assistant Brand Manager
Parsippany, NJ

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RB in November 2012.

Interview Details – The first round of interviews were via Skype. There were two interviews in this round, oen with an HR manager and one with a Senior Brand Manager. Most of the questions I got here were fit/behavioral questions. The next round of interviews were part of the Graduate Assessment Day. For this round, there were several group case interviews, one one-on-one interview, and some case write ups.

Interview Question – The relatively more difficult questions were the ones with the group case interview, where the questions were with regards to the specifics of brand management.   Answer Question

Commercial Graduate Development Program (Sales) Interview

Commercial Graduate Development Program (Sales)
Parsippany, NJ

I applied through college or university - interviewed at RB in November 2012.

Interview Details – First met them at the career fair, then applied online through my school's career portal (and had to take a math test). Was invited to have a first round, face to face interview on campus.
Got second round (which is also last round) and was flown down to their North American headquarters in NJ.
The day before: cocktail from 6-8PM, get to meet the other graduates and employees at RB.
The day of:
1. Breakfast
2. You are put in a group with 3 other graduates and are given a case. It is a supermarket trying to increase its sales. You and your members are each in charge of a category in the store (e.g. cosmetics, snacks...) and must agree on how to allocate the budget. RB is testing your negotiation skills and how you solve problems.
3. Break
4. You take another math test (to prove that it was indeed you who took it the first time)
5. You are given a case you must solve alone. More of a situation and must find various alternatives to increase the sales of a product/save costs. I wasn't sure if they expected me to focus on the actual numbers and compute the gross margin %, or give theoretical solutions...
6. You have a one on one interview. Very similar to the first one I had at school.
7. Lunch.
8. You are back with the same 3 group members you were with in the morning, and are responsible to solve a case and present it to the RB employees who are in the room.
9. End of day. You will know if you got the job the following day.

Interview Question – - Why RB?
- Why marketing?
- What are two weaknesses?
- Say a time you had to really push obstacles to get an idea through.
- Say a time you proposed an idea.
- Say a time you had a project and the deadline or requirements changed unexpectedly.
  Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Associate Business Analyst
Parsippany, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at RB in October 2012.

Interview Details – Internal indication

Interview Question – None in this case   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Remember to ask for flights back home (if you're a foreigner).
Also, car and gas allowances are negotiable.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Field Sales Representative
Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at RB in March 2012.

Interview Details – Initial 1:1 interview with a recruiter at a large recruiting event. He asked me what I was looking for and also told me about the company and job. I was contacted a few days later by another recruiter by phone and given instructions on how to apply to the position online, take an aptitude test and a chance to ask any other questions. A few days later they contacted me to set up travel arrangements to interview at headquarters in NJ; they paid for the flight, car service and a hotel. There was a reception the night I got there and they went over the agenda for the interview the following day. The actual interview day was a full schedule, 2 group case studies with other candidates, 1 individual case study, and 1 interview. An offer was made within 3 business days.

Interview Question – For the interview there are typical behavioral interview questions, some don't make much sense. For the case studies there are right and wrong answers, be mindful of keeping the profit margin.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The pay structure, while very competitive for entry level sales, is salary and bonus. I was looking for salary and commission.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Parsippany, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at RB in March 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by email chosen for final round. Lots of networking night before interview. Next day was long and stressful

Interview Question – Why rb?   Answer Question