RB

Updated Jan 13, 2015

3.1

Commercial Graduate Development Program (Sales) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through college or university – interviewed at RB in November 2012.

First met them at the career fair, then applied online through my school's career portal (and had to take a math test). Was invited to have a first round, face to face interview on campus.
    Got second round (which is also last round) and was flown down to their North American headquarters in NJ.
    The day before: cocktail from 6-8PM, get to meet the other graduates and employees at RB.
    The day of:
    1. Breakfast
    2. You are put in a group with 3 other graduates and are given a case. It is a supermarket trying to increase its sales. You and your members are each in charge of a category in the store (e.g. cosmetics, snacks...) and must agree on how to allocate the budget. RB is testing your negotiation skills and how you solve problems.
    3. Break
    4. You take another math test (to prove that it was indeed you who took it the first time)
    5. You are given a case you must solve alone. More of a situation and must find various alternatives to increase the sales of a product/save costs. I wasn't sure if they expected me to focus on the actual numbers and compute the gross margin %, or give theoretical solutions...
    6. You have a one on one interview. Very similar to the first one I had at school.
    7. Lunch.
    8. You are back with the same 3 group members you were with in the morning, and are responsible to solve a case and present it to the RB employees who are in the room.
    9. End of day. You will know if you got the job the following day.

Interview Questions
    • - Why RB?
      - Why marketing?
      - What are two weaknesses?
      - Say a time you had to really push obstacles to get an idea through.
      - Say a time you proposed an idea.
      - Say a time you had a project and the deadline or requirements changed unexpectedly.

Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RB in November 2012.

The first round of interviews were via Skype. There were two interviews in this round, oen with an HR manager and one with a Senior Brand Manager. Most of the questions I got here were fit/behavioral questions. The next round of interviews were part of the Graduate Assessment Day. For this round, there were several group case interviews, one one-on-one interview, and some case write ups.

Interview Questions
    • The relatively more difficult questions were the ones with the group case interview, where the questions were with regards to the specifics of brand management.   Answer Question

Commercial Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RB in November 2012.

- Application and assessment test
    - In person or skype interview: explain resume, answer behavioral questions, ask them questions.
    - Full day interview/exercise with other applicants; 1 group case study, 1 group presentation, assessment test (same), interview (same)

Interview Questions
    • behavioral question: Explain a situation where you had two conflicting options and you had to choose the option that you didn't agree with. What were the pros and cons? what did you do? What was the result?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at RB in November 2012.

There were 2 rounds - A group discussion followed by an interview taken by a panel of 2 members (a marketing manager and a senior HR).

We were 6 of us during the group discussion. The topic given to us was "Is sports a viable career path in India?". The group discussion lasted for 15 minutes after which each of us had to summarise the discussion in under a minute each.

The questions asked during the interview were:

1. What is the difference in position between Pepsi and Coca-Cola?
    2. Give us two of your favourite marketing campaigns. Why were they your favourite?
    3. What are your mantras in life?
    4. Rate yourself out of 10 (10 being the highest and 0 being the lowest) on your "Crisis Management" ability. Give us reasons for the same.
    5. What is the most challenging thing you have ever done?

And finally they asked me if I had any questions for them or not. I asked them for details on the internship program (its structure and deliverables).

Interview Questions
    • There were no such unexpected questions. They did however ask me about my family, which I found a little unusual but I understand now that it is a routine question.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Stipend offered was INR 85,000 per month.

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at RB in October 2012.

Internal indication

Interview Questions
    Remember to ask for flights back home (if you're a foreigner).
    Also, car and gas allowances are negotiable.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RB in March 2012.

Initial 1:1 interview with a recruiter at a large recruiting event. He asked me what I was looking for and also told me about the company and job. I was contacted a few days later by another recruiter by phone and given instructions on how to apply to the position online, take an aptitude test and a chance to ask any other questions. A few days later they contacted me to set up travel arrangements to interview at headquarters in NJ; they paid for the flight, car service and a hotel. There was a reception the night I got there and they went over the agenda for the interview the following day. The actual interview day was a full schedule, 2 group case studies with other candidates, 1 individual case study, and 1 interview. An offer was made within 3 business days.

Interview Questions
    • For the interview there are typical behavioral interview questions, some don't make much sense. For the case studies there are right and wrong answers, be mindful of keeping the profit margin.   Answer Question

The pay structure, while very competitive for entry level sales, is salary and bonus. I was looking for salary and commission.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

The process took a dayinterviewed at RB in March 2012.

Contacted by email chosen for final round. Lots of networking night before interview. Next day was long and stressful

Regulatory Assistant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at RB in March 2012.

Good interview process. Met with many different people from many different teams within my department. Was able to get a good perspective on the job. Questions were not that difficult. It took them a long time to get back to me but I was finishing up my degree at the time so it didnt really matter for me. They probably move quicker in a more typical situation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RB in February 2012.

I had an on campus interview which consisted of a 30 minute, 2:1 interview. They asked me mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is more important, net income or cash flow?   View Answer

Corporate Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at RB in January 2012.

I was accepted to an On Campus interview with Reckitt Benckiser. The interview was 30 minutes long, and consisted mostly of behavioral questions. There were also a few basic Finance questions (like what is more important to a company, Net Income or Cash Flow?). After that, they told me they would get back to me in about two weeks. I didn't hear from them at the two week point, so I sent them an email a few days later restating my interest and asking when I might hear about a follow up. They called me two days later offering me the position and discussing details with me. I told them I needed time to decide, but they pressured me to decide within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a time where you had to present an unfavorable result to a group of people. How did you handle it and what was the reaction?   Answer Question
    Little to negotiate since it is an internship offer.