RB Interview Questions & Reviews in Parsippany, NJ

13 interviews

3.5

13 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at RB.

Interviewing process was very easy, everyone was nice and very forward. Reviewed resume, did not get asked complicated questions.

They were not open to negotiation.

Commercial Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at RB in November 2012.

I applied online and received an email to set up a Skype interview. After making it through the initial interview, I was invited to RB's U.S. headquarters in Parsippany, NJ. The company covered all travelling expenses including a car service to and from the airport.

The assessment is a day-long process at the HQ that involves a series of interviews, case-studies, and tests. The next step is a job offer, which I didn't receive. From what I gathered, the assessment days are very competitive, at least for the commercial program, with only several applicants offered employment.

Overall it was a great experience. The culture there is very appealing, and mostly everyone involved in the recruiting process was friendly and helpful. If you are interested in any of their programs, I would suggest you apply.

Interview Questions
    • RB focuses on behavioral questions instead of typical interview questions. This can be quite difficult because you'll have to come up with real-life examples of group work/leadership etc.   Answer Question

Commercial Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RB in November 2012.

- Application and assessment test
    - In person or skype interview: explain resume, answer behavioral questions, ask them questions.
    - Full day interview/exercise with other applicants; 1 group case study, 1 group presentation, assessment test (same), interview (same)

Interview Questions
    • behavioral question: Explain a situation where you had two conflicting options and you had to choose the option that you didn't agree with. What were the pros and cons? what did you do? What was the result?   View Answer

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RB in November 2012.

The first round of interviews were via Skype. There were two interviews in this round, oen with an HR manager and one with a Senior Brand Manager. Most of the questions I got here were fit/behavioral questions. The next round of interviews were part of the Graduate Assessment Day. For this round, there were several group case interviews, one one-on-one interview, and some case write ups.

Interview Questions
    • The relatively more difficult questions were the ones with the group case interview, where the questions were with regards to the specifics of brand management.   Answer Question

Commercial Graduate Development Program (Sales) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at RB in November 2012.

First met them at the career fair, then applied online through my school's career portal (and had to take a math test). Was invited to have a first round, face to face interview on campus.
    Got second round (which is also last round) and was flown down to their North American headquarters in NJ.
    The day before: cocktail from 6-8PM, get to meet the other graduates and employees at RB.
    The day of:
    1. Breakfast
    2. You are put in a group with 3 other graduates and are given a case. It is a supermarket trying to increase its sales. You and your members are each in charge of a category in the store (e.g. cosmetics, snacks...) and must agree on how to allocate the budget. RB is testing your negotiation skills and how you solve problems.
    3. Break
    4. You take another math test (to prove that it was indeed you who took it the first time)
    5. You are given a case you must solve alone. More of a situation and must find various alternatives to increase the sales of a product/save costs. I wasn't sure if they expected me to focus on the actual numbers and compute the gross margin %, or give theoretical solutions...
    6. You have a one on one interview. Very similar to the first one I had at school.
    7. Lunch.
    8. You are back with the same 3 group members you were with in the morning, and are responsible to solve a case and present it to the RB employees who are in the room.
    9. End of day. You will know if you got the job the following day.

Interview Questions
    • - Why RB?
      - Why marketing?
      - What are two weaknesses?
      - Say a time you had to really push obstacles to get an idea through.
      - Say a time you proposed an idea.
      - Say a time you had a project and the deadline or requirements changed unexpectedly.
        Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at RB in October 2012.

Internal indication

Interview Questions
    Remember to ask for flights back home (if you're a foreigner).
    Also, car and gas allowances are negotiable.

Field Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at RB in March 2012.

Initial 1:1 interview with a recruiter at a large recruiting event. He asked me what I was looking for and also told me about the company and job. I was contacted a few days later by another recruiter by phone and given instructions on how to apply to the position online, take an aptitude test and a chance to ask any other questions. A few days later they contacted me to set up travel arrangements to interview at headquarters in NJ; they paid for the flight, car service and a hotel. There was a reception the night I got there and they went over the agenda for the interview the following day. The actual interview day was a full schedule, 2 group case studies with other candidates, 1 individual case study, and 1 interview. An offer was made within 3 business days.

Interview Questions
    • For the interview there are typical behavioral interview questions, some don't make much sense. For the case studies there are right and wrong answers, be mindful of keeping the profit margin.   Answer Question

The pay structure, while very competitive for entry level sales, is salary and bonus. I was looking for salary and commission.

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

The process took a day - interviewed at RB in March 2012.

Contacted by email chosen for final round. Lots of networking night before interview. Next day was long and stressful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at RB in February 2012.

I had an on campus interview which consisted of a 30 minute, 2:1 interview. They asked me mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • What is more important, net income or cash flow?   View Answer

Corporate Finance Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at RB in January 2012.

I was accepted to an On Campus interview with Reckitt Benckiser. The interview was 30 minutes long, and consisted mostly of behavioral questions. There were also a few basic Finance questions (like what is more important to a company, Net Income or Cash Flow?). After that, they told me they would get back to me in about two weeks. I didn't hear from them at the two week point, so I sent them an email a few days later restating my interest and asking when I might hear about a follow up. They called me two days later offering me the position and discussing details with me. I told them I needed time to decide, but they pressured me to decide within a week.

Interview Questions
    • Provide a time where you had to present an unfavorable result to a group of people. How did you handle it and what was the reaction?   Answer Question
    Little to negotiate since it is an internship offer.

Worked for RB? Contribute to the Community!