RBC Bank N.A.

Relevance Date Difficulty

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at RBC Bank N.A..

Interview Details – All my interviews were in person. Of the interviews, I had only had one technical interview and that was a two on one. HR always followed up consistently after the interview to indicate what the next steps were. Different than a lot of shops, there was no modeling exam given. While interviewing, I got the feeling they primarily only hire those that were ‘Finance’ majors.

Interview Question – Put the following countries in order of best credit quality.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty easy, pay was standard.

Senior Teller Interview

Senior Teller
Birmingham, AL

I applied in-person and interviewed at RBC Bank N.A..

Interview Details – I was grandfathered in from a previous bank

Interview Question – What do you think a teller does on an everyday basis.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Make an offer and you accepted or declined.

Cash Management Support Specialist Interview

Cash Management Support Specialist
Rocky Mount, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at RBC Bank N.A. in March 2008.

Interview Details – I received a call from HR to do a phone screening for the position. The whole interview took about 20 minutes. The recruiter then scheduled me for a face to face interview with the operations manager. She asked general and behavorial questions. The interview took about 40 minutes and she asked what was my salary range. Within 2 days, I received a call back stating I got the job.

Interview Question – What is your salary range?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No, what you was offered was what you got.

Municipal Finance Interview

Municipal Finance
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at RBC Bank N.A. in February 2012.

Interview Details – Why Municipal Fiance? Why RBC? What made you decide to change career? They basically want to make sure that you have a strong interest in the industry, that you have the mental stamina to work long hours...and capable of working on excel for FCF etc.

Interview Question – Why Municipal Fiance? Why RBC? What made you decide to change career? They basically want to make sure that you have a strong interest in the industry, that you have the mental stamina to work long hours...and capable of working on excel for FCF etc.   Answer Question

Manager Trainee Interview

Manager Trainee
Mobile, AL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at RBC Bank N.A. in June 2011.

Interview Details – Basic list of questions with preconceived notions

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – low salary

Very Easy Interview

Service Manager Interview

Service Manager
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at RBC Bank N.A. in August 2011.

Interview Details – Recruiter was very good and knowledgable of company and had a great tone and made it seem like a really positive place to work. I got to interview with the Regional Manager at the time,which was a rewarding experience. We had a very positive to the point interview which involved a lot of laughter and was just such an enjoyable experience dicussing the role and the company.

Interview Question – What was one tough situation that you had to handle and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Worked on my salary being higher than it was at my previous employer along with fair communication with upper management so can get feel of company. Advice I would give is always throw ideas out there, show that you want to be a good fit for the company and what is important to you, because sometimes it actually works and I LOVE the team I work with, feels like family!

Senior Relationship Banker Interview

Senior Relationship Banker
Orlando, FL

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RBC Bank N.A. in August 2010.

Interview Details – Received a call from assistant to Regional Mgr to for 1:1 interview. After that meeting, she couldn't make up her mind so decided to call me back for a panel interview. After that, I was offered a lesser position that what I was applying for and accepted.

Interview Question – How do you plan your day?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Executive Administrative Assistant
Lancaster, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at RBC Bank N.A. in October 2010.

Interview Details – I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. They asked about 5-6 questions regarding my work history and how I relate to different people. I called called back for a 1:1 interview, which lasted about 30 minutes. We talked about my college experience and skill set for the position. They informed me they would confirm my background and get back with me. Three days later I was offered the position.

Relationship Banker Interview

Relationship Banker
Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at RBC Bank N.A. in October 2010.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter followed by a personality/aptitude test. Face-to-face interviews with multiple pairs of individuals. All were fairly straight-forward and I got the sense that they mostly wanted me to demonstrate my desire to be in the financial industry and wanted to flush out any potential problems I would have in the role.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I don't want to be a Relationship Banker.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Clermont, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at RBC Bank N.A. in March 2008.

Interview Details – Always Dress presentable , and sell your skills. My interview was quick and easy. I was hired immediatly.

Interview Questions

• 1. In your supervisory experience have you encountered a problem with one of your subordinates? What was the problem and how did you handle it?   View Answer
  • Tell me why do you want to leave your current employer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate, but because of a merger, I was promise of a set salary, but was given a nother by the new company. Always make sure you get everything in writing.

Worked for RBC Bank N.A.? Contribute to the Community!