RBC Bank N.A.

Updated Oct 6, 2014

2.8

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at RBC Bank N.A..

All my interviews were in person. Of the interviews, I had only had one technical interview and that was a two on one. HR always followed up consistently after the interview to indicate what the next steps were. Different than a lot of shops, there was no modeling exam given. While interviewing, I got the feeling they primarily only hire those that were ‘Finance’ majors.

Interview Questions
    • Put the following countries in order of best credit quality.   Answer Question
    Pretty easy, pay was standard.

Senior Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied in-person – interviewed at RBC Bank N.A..

I was grandfathered in from a previous bank

Interview Questions
    • What do you think a teller does on an everyday basis.   View Answer
    Make an offer and you accepted or declined.

Municipal Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RBC Bank N.A. in February 2012.

Interview Questions
    • Why Municipal Fiance? Why RBC? What made you decide to change career? They basically want to make sure that you have a strong interest in the industry, that you have the mental stamina to work long hours...and capable of working on excel for FCF etc.   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RBC Bank N.A. in August 2011.

Recruiter was very good and knowledgable of company and had a great tone and made it seem like a really positive place to work. I got to interview with the Regional Manager at the time,which was a rewarding experience. We had a very positive to the point interview which involved a lot of laughter and was just such an enjoyable experience dicussing the role and the company.

Interview Questions
    • What was one tough situation that you had to handle and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    Worked on my salary being higher than it was at my previous employer along with fair communication with upper management so can get feel of company. Advice I would give is always throw ideas out there, show that you want to be a good fit for the company and what is important to you, because sometimes it actually works and I LOVE the team I work with, feels like family!

Manager Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mobile, AL

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RBC Bank N.A. in June 2011.

Basic list of questions with preconceived notions

Interview Questions
    • What was your most difficult experience   View Answer
    • How much do you expect to earn her in 5 years   View Answer

low salary

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RBC Bank N.A. in October 2010.

I received a phone call to set up a phone interview. They asked about 5-6 questions regarding my work history and how I relate to different people. I called called back for a 1:1 interview, which lasted about 30 minutes. We talked about my college experience and skill set for the position. They informed me they would confirm my background and get back with me. Three days later I was offered the position.

Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RBC Bank N.A. in October 2010.

There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter followed by a personality/aptitude test. Face-to-face interviews with multiple pairs of individuals. All were fairly straight-forward and I got the sense that they mostly wanted me to demonstrate my desire to be in the financial industry and wanted to flush out any potential problems I would have in the role.

Interview Questions
    • Why the financial industry?   View Answer
    • Describe a time you had to deal with an upset client.   View Answer

I don't want to be a Relationship Banker.

Senior Relationship Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RBC Bank N.A. in August 2010.

Received a call from assistant to Regional Mgr to for 1:1 interview. After that meeting, she couldn't make up her mind so decided to call me back for a panel interview. After that, I was offered a lesser position that what I was applying for and accepted.

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weaverville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weaverville, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at RBC Bank N.A. in October 2008.

The interview was fairly relaxed, and the interviewer was very nice and friendly. She did ask me an illegal question ("Are you married?"), which really threw me off. I think that they need to train their staff better for interviewing. Otherwise, I was impressed and the job was a good one. I kind of wish I had taken it now. The culture seemed to be good-- hard workers but friendly and fairly relaxed.

Interview Questions

I got a job offer in my field of choice.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clermont, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clermont, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at RBC Bank N.A. in March 2008.

Always Dress presentable , and sell your skills. My interview was quick and easy. I was hired immediatly.

Interview Questions
    • 1. In your supervisory experience have you encountered a problem with one of your subordinates? What was the problem and how did you handle it?   View Answer
    • Tell me why do you want to leave your current employer?   View Answer
    I was able to negotiate, but because of a merger, I was promise of a set salary, but was given a nother by the new company. Always make sure you get everything in writing.