RBC Bearings Interview Questions

Updated Apr 3, 2014

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Compton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Compton, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RBC Bearings in April 2013.

2 interviews. The first interview you talk with the manager and are showed around the factory. Second interview is with who you will be working under.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university - interviewed at RBC Bearings in February 2013.

Simple laid back interview, composed of mostly behavioral questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Trenton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Trenton, NJ

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at RBC Bearings in May 2012.

Interview with HR director for a period of time to go over company details and information in regards to the position. Next interview with the Director of Engineering about similar things and about my educational/skills background for the position. A small panel of younger adults were brought in to ask questions about my experience and knowledge. Another small panel of design engineers were sent in for the final part of the interview. Questions involved about my internship experience, senior design project, and information about my schooling.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have from your internship that would be helpful in this position   Answer Question
    • What was the role that you played in your Senior Capstone Design Project?   Answer Question

Technical Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RBC Bearings in August 2011.

Met with regional sales manager and discussed the position and my background. Things went well so he set up a series of interviews with various managers at the home office in CT. there met with HR Vice president, Quality Team Lead, US sales manager, and an HR behavior specialist. The first three were typical, the HR specialist gave me a behavioral interview that lasted over 2 hours and required job specific examples to back up any answers. I believe the approach is beneficial if not taken out of context, however, I believe that is what happened. Any negative comments were obviously taken from my responses to the specialist. I believe the company puts too much emphasis on extrapolations on future behavior based on a single persons opinion.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about your biggest weakness   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you failed to achieve your goal   View Answer

Entry Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Trenton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trenton, NJ

The process took 1 week - interviewed at RBC Bearings in March 2011.

First, a 1 on 1 interview was conducted with an HR rep. Typical questions were asked, why did you choose this profession, where do you see yourself in 5 years, etc.
    Then, two engineering managers interviewed, describing what type of work is done at RBC. They went into more detail about prior work experience to really see how it could help it the open position.
    Then a group of 3 or 4 staff engineers came in, asking questions about the classes that I had taken. They also asked about current event stuff.
    A new group of 3 or four engineers took a tour of the facility, and went into further detail on what work would be like at RBC.

Everything took about two hours, which is pretty long. It was kind of intimidating when different groups of people were being shuffled in and out.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think has the most promising future in the energy field???   Answer Question
    • Do you prefer a team environment or working individually???   Answer Question

Sales Engineer Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oxford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oxford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at RBC Bearings in October 2010.

RBC Bearings HQ recruiter contacted me via e-mail to schedule a telephone screening. My initial impression is that is a "hidden treasure" company. It sounds like a relatively small company and after my initial phone screen I was immediately scheduled to have a face to face interview. Due to the time frame between the phone screen and the interview, I was told I had to be flexible because the full time sales force is on the road 80% of the time. Overall I was extremely impressed and satisfied with the outcome. More description to come if I receive a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How did you come to select [your major] at [your university]?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your marketing experience at your last [job title]?   Answer Question

MET Interview

Had an interview with 5 individuals at different times in one day. Each person asked similar questions with regards to educational background and other information on resume. Interview was easy going and not stressful. First interview with the company was more formal while the second interview was more informal and just used to get to know the other members of the team.

Manufacturing Engineer Trainee Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at RBC Bearings in July 2011.

One on one interview with an HR rep. Typical first interview questions (tell me about yourself, what's your greatest strength/weakness, etc.). Seemed to have a negative opinion right off the bat by questioning my college choice (a UC school which doesn't have as much "hands-on" learning as they would like) among other things, but I think that was more to see how I would respond to criticism. Overall there were 6 people who were brought in to interview for one position, and I was told that there were other more qualified candidates.

Interview Questions
    • If you could have any job in the world, regardless of pay, what would it be and why?   Answer Question

Entry Level Manufacturing Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at RBC Bearings in November 2009.

Had an interview with HR representative. All personality questions, basically trying to get to know the person.
    Then had an interview with the manufacturing manager. Was asked questions about my previous work experience and class projects.

Interview Questions
    • What is your end goal in engineering. Where do you see yourself down the line.   Answer Question

Worked for RBC Bearings? Contribute to the Community!