RBC Dexia Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2015

2.8

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RBC Dexia in July 2015.

Interview

The interview took about half an hour. They asked me some technique questions like mutual fund, NAV, how to make accounting entries based on the scenario. Also, common behavior questions were asked.

Senior Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RBC Dexia (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

2 rounds of interview. first round: - tell me about yourself - last job experience - why you can success in this role Second round: - what qualities do you have - what do you know about this jobs - general behaviour question

Interview Questions

• No really difficult question asked, just be prepared for the behaviour question   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC Dexia (Cyberjaya (Malaysia)).

Interview

No follow ups, No details and no show policy. they do not share the output promised,

Interview Questions

• Stay by the book, hierarchy of project management as per the standard book   1 Answer

Trustee Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC Dexia (Singapore (Singapore)) in May 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was rather straightforward. No online assessment test. It was the conventional interview by the direct manager and few day later, I gotten the job. However, RBC Dexia has changed the name to RBC investor Trust Service after the acquisition of Dexia's stake. So the culture might have changed.

Interview Questions

• NA. The questions were the common interview questions.   Answer Question

Business Unit Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RBC Dexia (City of London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

2 interviews - one with line manager and the other with their manager (head of department). 1st interview was very positive and got on well with interviewer. Seemed to be able to do the job as well as adding value in areas of development which seemed to be what the line manager was looking for. Came away feeling very positive and got a 2nd interview as expected. 2nd interview was a different ball game as interviewer didn't give any direction to the interview and seemed tro dwell on irrelevant things on my CV. Thus not really getting across any relevant skills for role. Came away feeling negative after this and as such did not get job as did the other 2 candidates. There were 3 candidates for 2 roles!!!!. Seems like interviewer needs to be trained in the art of intervieing and ask the right questions. As feedback mentioned he was looking for specific skills which he did not ask questions about!!

Interview Questions

• Talk me through roles from leaving university and why changed jobs?   1 Answer

Consolidation Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RBC Dexia in December 2011.

Interview

Quick - Two weeks in total

Interview Questions

Negotiation

straightforward - through recruiter

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RBC Dexia (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2011.

Interview

Internal recruiter

Interview Questions

• none- except job was clearly too junior   1 Answer

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RBC Dexia (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2010.

Interview

Interview is more technical than behavioural. They ask you basic investment and market related questions but anyone with basic business background should be able to answer them. There is less of an emphasis with behavioural questions. The interview process is not very formal. The atmosphere of the interview is highly contingent with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Not really anything hard but they asked technical questions such as if the bond will be sold at premium or discount if the market interest rise or drop relative to the coupon rate.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RBC Dexia in August 2010.

Interview

Interview was held by senior manager, positive feed back was given but decision made base on other elements than performance during the interview.

Fund Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at RBC Dexia in June 2010.

Interview

first interview is from human resource recruiter ask about your personality, your strength, your interest, your career goal and etc. second interview conduct by head of fund accounting that ask you about the knowledge of financial instruments.

Interview Questions

• tell me about merger and acquisition. How it can be done?   Answer Question