RBC Dexia Interview Questions & Reviews

20 interviews

2.8

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online - interviewed at RBC Dexia in February 2011.

Internal recruiter

Interview Questions
    • none- except job was clearly too junior   View Answer

Trustee Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RBC Dexia in May 2012.

The hiring and interview process was rather straightforward. No online assessment test. It was the conventional interview by the direct manager and few day later, I gotten the job.

However, RBC Dexia has changed the name to RBC investor Trust Service after the acquisition of Dexia's stake. So the culture might have changed.

Interview Questions
    • NA. The questions were the common interview questions.   Answer Question

Senior Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at RBC Dexia.

2 rounds of interview.
    first round: - tell me about yourself
                        - last job experience
                        - why you can success in this role

Second round: - what qualities do you have
                               - what do you know about this jobs
                                - general behaviour question

Interview Questions
    • No really difficult question asked, just be prepared for the behaviour question   View Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Cyberjaya (Malaysia)
    Anonymous Employee in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RBC Dexia.

No follow ups, No details and no show policy.
    they do not share the output promised,

Interview Questions
    • Stay by the book, hierarchy of project management as per the standard book   View Answer

Consolidation Accountant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at RBC Dexia in December 2011.

Quick - Two weeks in total

straightforward - through recruiter

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at RBC Dexia in September 2010.

Interview is more technical than behavioural. They ask you basic investment and market related questions but anyone with basic business background should be able to answer them. There is less of an emphasis with behavioural questions. The interview process is not very formal. The atmosphere of the interview is highly contingent with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions
    • Not really anything hard but they asked technical questions such as if the bond will be sold at premium or discount if the market interest rise or drop relative to the coupon rate.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate

Business Unit Control Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  City of London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RBC Dexia in January 2012.

2 interviews - one with line manager and the other with their manager (head of department). 1st interview was very positive and got on well with interviewer. Seemed to be able to do the job as well as adding value in areas of development which seemed to be what the line manager was looking for. Came away feeling very positive and got a 2nd interview as expected. 2nd interview was a different ball game as interviewer didn't give any direction to the interview and seemed tro dwell on irrelevant things on my CV. Thus not really getting across any relevant skills for role. Came away feeling negative after this and as such did not get job as did the other 2 candidates. There were 3 candidates for 2 roles!!!!. Seems like interviewer needs to be trained in the art of intervieing and ask the right questions. As feedback mentioned he was looking for specific skills which he did not ask questions about!!

Interview Questions
    • Talk me through roles from leaving university and why changed jobs?   View Answer

Websphere Specialist Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at RBC Dexia in March 2009.

first contact with Business Manager, 1 hour by phone
    second contact by the Technical Directors, 1 hour by phone
    offer of a proposition for a full time contract
    interview of 2 days among clients
    finalization of the contract proposition

Interview Questions
    • Have you got any experience on clustered environment with up 10 servers?   View Answer
    due to the economical crisis, we negotiate trainings and certifications portofolio to achieve yearly.

Fund Accountant Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RBC Dexia in May 2010.

The interview started with a simple math test, it was easy and only took me about 10 mins to finish. The panel interview after the math test is more focused on my past experiences as well as my knowledge about mutual fund. The panel members included the Manager and Senior Manager of Mutual Fund Valuations, as well as the VP joined the interview 20 mins after we started. It took around 45 mins to wrap up everything and the overall experience is professional and positive.

Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at RBC Dexia in August 2010.

Interview was held by senior manager, positive feed back was given but decision made base on other elements than performance during the interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for RBC Dexia? Contribute to the Community!