RBC Dominion Securities Interview Questions

Updated Aug 5, 2014
Updated Aug 5, 2014

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Contacted the hiring manager directly, then she emailed me for a interview at its office. He informed me that it will be an group interview and did not mention anything else. The group interveiw starts as everyone introduce themselves. And then the hiring staffs are introducing the program that is currently on-going at the office and what they expect us to do. Then they throw some question and ask us to discuss as a group.

Interview Questions
    • It is a group interview, the question is too big to answer. Example questions are what events do you think significantly affects economics currently.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RBC Dominion Securities in August 2011.

Referred by internal employee and sent my resume to manager, had two interviews, one with IA, one with Branch Manager, asked simple questions about resume, education, CSC/CPH completion

Not really

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at RBC Dominion Securities.

4+ weeks. 1 phone interview and 2 in person interviews

Interview Questions
    • Some of the Questions Asked: 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Strengths/Weaknesses 3. Run through your Resume 4. What can you do for RBC DS 5. Why RBC DS   Answer Question

Portfolio Management and Capital Markets Research - Mentorship Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Scarborough, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at RBC Dominion Securities in September 2013.

Interview was conducted in a group like setting with about 16-18 people. Also, asked to describe yourself i.e your goals, why you want to be part of the program, academic background. After the interview ended, they asked to send them an email describing why you'd be an ideal candidate.

Interview Questions
    • macro-level problems in Canada and around the world   View Answer

Summer Intern - Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RBC Dominion Securities.

Very Straightforward. Submit Resume, Attend Orientation, If you receive a phone call then simply answer the questions asked during the phone interview. You will need to showcase strong communication skills, as the intern position involves making out going calls to prospects.

Interview Questions
    • Can you tell me one example in which you had to use your communication skills in order to overcome a challenge or an issue, and how did you overcome that challenge?   Answer Question

Client Prospector Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at RBC Dominion Securities in February 2013.

Phone Interview - General behavioral questions (past sales/people-to-people experiences)
    Interview with Investment Associate - Basic knowledge about what wealth management is, future prospects, handling client inquiries and situations

not negotiable

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RBC Dominion Securities.

I've got an employee referral. A few days later, I received an email from the assistant branch manager asking an interview. The manager looked pretty friendly and asked me some questions regarding my previous experience. The interview went very well, and It took half an hour. At the end, he said if some teams need an associate, he would contact me immediately. He said my personality is good for this job, and may have a big chance. Also, he suggested me to prepare some specific stuff for the next interview. I'm still waiting.

Interview Questions
    • No tough questions. All about my previous job and certifications. And, if I want to pursue other certifications.   Answer Question

Associate to Investment Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RBC Dominion Securities in April 2013.

Met with branch administrator, it became clear she was meeting with me to get a sense of what type of personality I was and to let me know about some of the personalities the IA's have. It was a positive experience. She advised me she works hard to put the right personalities together and would be in touch when she found a team that she felt I would be a good fit for. About a month later I received a phone call from her and she said she has two teams that she would like me to meet with.
    First team asked standard questions: as in where do I see myself in 5 years. What are my career aspirations. Why did I leave my last role, what did I like about it etc.
    Second team, one of the members asked me three questions that she is not allowed to ask me. I answered the first two: How old am I and if I was married, without saying she can't ask it but I did ask her why she wanted to know. She basically said, she wants to make sure the encumbent is going to stick around and not leave in a year (not sure what marriage and age have to do with this) and then she asked me: If I am planning to have children! I was gob-smacked and before I knew what I was doing I said "you can't ask me that", and she said she doesn't care as she doesn't work in HR so she won't get in to trouble.
    I answered her honestly. Didn't get the job - was advised by the branch administrator that I was unsuccessful. When I asked the branch administrator if she had any feedback as to why, she didn't... so I will never know if it was because I answered these questions honestly or it was just that I am not the right fit for job.

Marketing Associate Interview

Responded to a job add at my high school. Phoned the employee that posted the job add and he called me in for an interview. During the interview he asked me basic questions about myself. I was called a few days after the interview and was told I got the position.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at RBC Dominion Securities in February 2008.

There were three interviews in total. One with HR. a second with a resource manager. A third with the head of the company.

Interview Questions
    The gave me an offer and I accepted it.

Worked for RBC Dominion Securities? Contribute to the Community!