RBC Dominion Securities

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RBC Dominion Securities in August 2011.

Interview Details – Referred by internal employee and sent my resume to manager, had two interviews, one with IA, one with Branch Manager, asked simple questions about resume, education, CSC/CPH completion

Interview Question – why do you want to work for RBC DS?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not really

Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at RBC Dominion Securities.

Interview Details – 4+ weeks. 1 phone interview and 2 in person interviews

Interview Question – Some of the Questions Asked: 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Strengths/Weaknesses 3. Run through your Resume 4. What can you do for RBC DS 5. Why RBC DS   Answer Question

Portfolio Management and Capital Markets Research - Mentorship Program Interview

Portfolio Management and Capital Markets Research - Mentorship Program
Scarborough, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at RBC Dominion Securities in September 2013.

Interview Details – Interview was conducted in a group like setting with about 16-18 people. Also, asked to describe yourself i.e your goals, why you want to be part of the program, academic background. After the interview ended, they asked to send them an email describing why you'd be an ideal candidate.

Interview Question – macro-level problems in Canada and around the world   View Answer

Summer Intern - Communications Associate Interview

Summer Intern - Communications Associate
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RBC Dominion Securities.

Interview Details – Very Straightforward. Submit Resume, Attend Orientation, If you receive a phone call then simply answer the questions asked during the phone interview. You will need to showcase strong communication skills, as the intern position involves making out going calls to prospects.

Interview Question – Can you tell me one example in which you had to use your communication skills in order to overcome a challenge or an issue, and how did you overcome that challenge?   Answer Question

Client Prospector Interview

Client Prospector
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at RBC Dominion Securities in February 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Interview - General behavioral questions (past sales/people-to-people experiences)
Interview with Investment Associate - Basic knowledge about what wealth management is, future prospects, handling client inquiries and situations

Negotiation Details – not negotiable

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RBC Dominion Securities.

Interview Details – I've got an employee referral. A few days later, I received an email from the assistant branch manager asking an interview. The manager looked pretty friendly and asked me some questions regarding my previous experience. The interview went very well, and It took half an hour. At the end, he said if some teams need an associate, he would contact me immediately. He said my personality is good for this job, and may have a big chance. Also, he suggested me to prepare some specific stuff for the next interview. I'm still waiting.

Interview Question – No tough questions. All about my previous job and certifications. And, if I want to pursue other certifications.   Answer Question

Associate to Investment Advisor Interview

Associate to Investment Advisor
Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RBC Dominion Securities in April 2013.

Interview Details – Met with branch administrator, it became clear she was meeting with me to get a sense of what type of personality I was and to let me know about some of the personalities the IA's have. It was a positive experience. She advised me she works hard to put the right personalities together and would be in touch when she found a team that she felt I would be a good fit for. About a month later I received a phone call from her and she said she has two teams that she would like me to meet with.
First team asked standard questions: as in where do I see myself in 5 years. What are my career aspirations. Why did I leave my last role, what did I like about it etc.
Second team, one of the members asked me three questions that she is not allowed to ask me. I answered the first two: How old am I and if I was married, without saying she can't ask it but I did ask her why she wanted to know. She basically said, she wants to make sure the encumbent is going to stick around and not leave in a year (not sure what marriage and age have to do with this) and then she asked me: If I am planning to have children! I was gob-smacked and before I knew what I was doing I said "you can't ask me that", and she said she doesn't care as she doesn't work in HR so she won't get in to trouble.
I answered her honestly. Didn't get the job - was advised by the branch administrator that I was unsuccessful. When I asked the branch administrator if she had any feedback as to why, she didn't... so I will never know if it was because I answered these questions honestly or it was just that I am not the right fit for job.

Interview Question – My age and if I am planning to have children   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Marketing Associate Interview

Marketing Associate

Interviewed at RBC Dominion Securities

Interview Details – Responded to a job add at my high school. Phoned the employee that posted the job add and he called me in for an interview. During the interview he asked me basic questions about myself. I was called a few days after the interview and was told I got the position.

Interview Question – What would your basketball coach say about you?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at RBC Dominion Securities in February 2008.

Interview Details – There were three interviews in total. One with HR. a second with a resource manager. A third with the head of the company.

Interview Question – They want you to talk about your weeknesses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The gave me an offer and I accepted it.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at RBC Dominion Securities

Interview Details – The interviewer asked mainly behavior questions like why do you want to join the company, what is your strength and weakness, your leadership experience, teamwork experience. What do you anticipate to do for this role

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you encounter a failure   Answer Question

Worked for RBC Dominion Securities? Contribute to the Community!