RBC Financial Group

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RBC Financial Group in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by an in person interview with managers.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary. Very standard interview questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was a summer job.

Teller

The process took 2 days - interviewed at RBC Financial Group in March 2012.

Interview Details – Walked into the Bank and introduced myself and my qualifications. Ask for the manager requesting about avaliable Teller positions and got an interview 2 days later. However, the outcome was unsuccessful

Interview Question – Why do you think we should hire you?   Answer Question

Teller
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at RBC Financial Group in February 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview consisted of being asked a series of behavioural questions along with technical experience. After the phone interview was complete there was a a one on one interview with a manager. It was mainly to ensure that I was a cultural fit. There was also the process of filling out the required documents and having all my references and former employers contacted. Criminal and credit checks were also completed.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation in which a co worker was not pulling their weight?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a situation where you had to develop a relationship with a customer to gain their business.   Answer Question

Teller Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RBC Financial Group in September 2008.

Interview Details – How do you see yourself after 5 years?
How do you deal with difficult customer?
What's your experience/skills can help you do this job well?
a quesiton related to Multi-tasking

Introduce yourself.
?Why retail banking?
Do you have strong sales experience with targets?
If you only sold out 1 today, and other people did much better than you did, how should you do if you have been this kind of situation?

Interview Question – What's your experience/skills can help you do this job well?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at RBC Financial Group

Worked for RBC Financial Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RBC Financial Group Teller interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by RBC Financial Group employees and interview candidates.