RBC Insurance Interview Questions

Updated Mar 16, 2015
Updated Mar 16, 2015

Insurance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at RBC Insurance in March 2015.

Recruiter contacted me within approximately 2 weeks of the position being posted.
    Interview was with a member of the RBC recruiting team. The interview took place in person in RBC Insurance office in Mississauga. The atmosphere was friendly, pleasant and relaxing. Two days after the interview the recruiter contacted me to advise me of the outcome of my interview.

Interview Questions
    • Why RBC?
      What is a sale for you?
      Tell us about your best customer service experience?
      How would you feel if you have to sell our products immediately and without our support?
      Do you have a car and driver license?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at RBC Insurance.

Applied online, got a phone interview and afterwards was emailed a screening form to complete. After that received a call to come in for skill testing. After that there was a 1:1 interview and after a week received the offer.

1. Phone Interview; 2. Assessment; 3. Face to Face Interview

Licensed Insurance Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at RBC Insurance in February 2014.

Panel review with three hiring managers. Questions like "How much do you know about RBC?" "Why this position?" "Why call center?" And rest of them is behavioral questions. They don't expect you to know a lot about this position (you don't have to have the OTL license). Just try to speak everything clearly as this is a call center job.

Insurance Advisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at RBC Insurance in April 2013.

where do you see yourself in the next five year

Project Control Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at RBC Insurance in January 2013.

Received a call from the recruiter and had the interview with the hiring Manager.

Life & Living Benefits Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Pickering, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RBC Insurance in December 2012.

Initial Interview is over the phone - a screening process and to place you in the correct area for your preference.

First person to person with a district manager who asks your reason for current interest in the role you are applying for and to give examples of how you would generate business in that role (sales).

Asked to roleplay two sales scenarios, 1st a potential sales call over the phone - goal is to get a sale or a face to face meeting with a potential client (total stranger). 2nd was to roleplay a sales cycle where you are attempting to sell a arbitrary item with a high price tag for that item.

Interview Questions
    • Roleplay that you are a pen sales person and I am in your store, you only sell one pen and it costs $50 and is not on sale.   View Answer

Pay scale and requirements were not in line.

Life and Living Benefits Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RBC Insurance in August 2012.

Pretty straightforward

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at RBC Insurance in December 2011.

2 Phone interviews and an aptitude test, and pass the Insurance License test.

Licensed Insurance Advisor Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at RBC Insurance in March 2011.

Very odd way of interviewing - submitted my resume to the branch manager directly. That same day I was asked for an interview for two days from then. I went to the 1:1, the branch manager was very nice, but intense. He interviewed me for about 45 minutes and then sent each employee (2 others) in one by one to interview me themselves. After an hour and 20 minutes, my interview was over. I thought it went well, considering the ambush of intense questioning. About an hour later I received an email from HR at their head office asking me to fill out a questionnaire and send it back. So I did that. Five days later I received an email from a different HR rep saying I have advanced to another round of interviewing which would be a phone interview. The phone interview was set up for 2 weeks from that day. Two weeks later, I have my phone interview. Very difficult, unexpected questions from a different HR rep. It did not go so well and I knew that. She said it would be two weeks before I knew if I advanced to yet ANOTHER round of interviews, this time a call-in with their hiring team. I received an email about a week and a half later saying I was not chosen to move on. It was a generic email sent from an HR rep. I was lucky it said my name.