RBC Insurance

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at RBC Insurance in February 2014.

Interview Details – Panel review with three hiring managers. Questions like "How much do you know about RBC?" "Why this position?" "Why call center?" And rest of them is behavioral questions. They don't expect you to know a lot about this position (you don't have to have the OTL license). Just try to speak everything clearly as this is a call center job.

Life and Living Benefits Advisor Interview

Life and Living Benefits Advisor
Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RBC Insurance in August 2012.

Interview Details – Pretty straightforward

Interviewed at RBC Insurance

Interview Details – 1. Phone Interview; 2. Assessment; 3. Face to Face Interview

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at RBC Insurance in December 2011.

Interview Details – 2 Phone interviews and an aptitude test, and pass the Insurance License test.

Very Easy Interview

Insurance Advisor Interview

Insurance Advisor

I applied online - interviewed at RBC Insurance in April 2013.

Interview Details – where do you see yourself in the next five year

Project Control Officer Interview

Project Control Officer
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at RBC Insurance in January 2013.

Interview Details – Received a call from the recruiter and had the interview with the hiring Manager.

Interview Question – How do you deal with stress.   Answer Question

Life & Living Benefits Advisor Interview

Life & Living Benefits Advisor
Pickering, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RBC Insurance in December 2012.

Interview Details – Initial Interview is over the phone - a screening process and to place you in the correct area for your preference.

First person to person with a district manager who asks your reason for current interest in the role you are applying for and to give examples of how you would generate business in that role (sales).

Asked to roleplay two sales scenarios, 1st a potential sales call over the phone - goal is to get a sale or a face to face meeting with a potential client (total stranger). 2nd was to roleplay a sales cycle where you are attempting to sell a arbitrary item with a high price tag for that item.

Interview Question – Roleplay that you are a pen sales person and I am in your store, you only sell one pen and it costs $50 and is not on sale.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Pay scale and requirements were not in line.

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RBC Insurance in April 2008.

Interview Details – 1st Phone interview within few days after resume sent out.
Arrange to complete personality and coputer skill test next week.
Recruiter called to advise results and arrange to meet with department manager.
In person interview with department manager.
Offered a position few days after and advised salary for the job.
Sent back employment offer and background check.
Job start 2 wks after job offered by phone from department manager.

Interview Question – Don't remember.   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Licensed Insurance Advisor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at RBC Insurance in March 2011.

Interview Details – Very odd way of interviewing - submitted my resume to the branch manager directly. That same day I was asked for an interview for two days from then. I went to the 1:1, the branch manager was very nice, but intense. He interviewed me for about 45 minutes and then sent each employee (2 others) in one by one to interview me themselves. After an hour and 20 minutes, my interview was over. I thought it went well, considering the ambush of intense questioning. About an hour later I received an email from HR at their head office asking me to fill out a questionnaire and send it back. So I did that. Five days later I received an email from a different HR rep saying I have advanced to another round of interviewing which would be a phone interview. The phone interview was set up for 2 weeks from that day. Two weeks later, I have my phone interview. Very difficult, unexpected questions from a different HR rep. It did not go so well and I knew that. She said it would be two weeks before I knew if I advanced to yet ANOTHER round of interviews, this time a call-in with their hiring team. I received an email about a week and a half later saying I was not chosen to move on. It was a generic email sent from an HR rep. I was lucky it said my name.

Interview Questions

Developer Interview

Developer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RBC Insurance in March 2010.

Interview Details – Going through HR and then interview and get hired.

Interview Question – Talk about yrou work experiences   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for RBC Insurance? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RBC Insurance interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by RBC Insurance employees and interview candidates.