RBC Wealth Management

35 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rbc Global Capital Markets Summer Intern Interview

Rbc Global Capital Markets Summer Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at RBC Wealth Management.

Interview Details – flew me to New York. 4 30 minute interviews

Interview Question – What was your best idea?   Answer Question

Portfolio Associate Interview

Portfolio Associate

Interviewed at RBC Wealth Management

Interview Details – Interview process was a little dragged out. I spoke with three different recruiters during the process. Each one was more helpful than the previous. The initial phone interview was just getting a sense of my personality, and the in person interview was much more job specific.

Interview Question – When is a time in your life you have encountered adversity?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst

I applied through other source and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at RBC Wealth Management.

Interview Details – Contacted by in-house recruiter, then phone interview with HR followed by phone interview with my area. Final round was half day at the office.

Interview Question – All basic questions and inline for the role   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Completely decided beforehand. No room to negotiate. It was take-it-or-leave-it.

Intern Interview

Intern
New York, NY

I interviewed at RBC Wealth Management in August 2011.

Interview Details – What do you want to work in financial industry? (Since I came from a science background)
Why do you want to work at RBC?
How do you think the skills established in your science major would benefit this intern?
Why should we hire you over all the other candidates?
Cause of a recent financial crisis, the effects of quantitative easing,
Tell me what’s happening in the Asian economy now.
And some general questions about other previous work experiences on CV.

Interview Question – Nothing in particular   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Risk Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at RBC Wealth Management.

Interview Details – I mailed my resume to a recruiter, who emailed me back within a day or two asking if I could speak on the phone later in the day. Recruiter was very friendly, basically just asked if I thought I was creative, analytical, etc and give an example. So I talked about a project I worked on at my research assistant job. It was actually a pretty awkward interview, I don't think the recruiter directed it very clearly and I was definitely not sure at times what exactly I was supposed to be talking about. Maybe that was the point, I don't know. Good luck.

Interview Question – "Why do you want to work in finance?": I guess this wasn't unexpected, I just didn't have a good answer, because I didn't really want it that much. I was mainly looking at other research analyst jobs, and the RBC Capital Markets thing just came up on my search. I don't even remember what I said.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate Director Interview

Associate Director
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at RBC Wealth Management in January 2010.

Interview Details – The hiring manager had no clue what the positon entailed, I met with the business head and he was thrilled that we spoke the same language. He had a few choice words to say about the financial control group (not very nice words). He mentioned he was sick of doing their job for them.

Interview Question – No questions were asked. I did the majority of the talking, explaining what I did in my previous life.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I asked for the high range for the job and got it.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied in-person and interviewed at RBC Wealth Management.

Interview Details – reached out to the FA, all behavioral want to know if you work well in a team and fit their style

Interview Question – What are you strengths?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RBC Wealth Management in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview came through a recruiter. There was a 1 hour phone interview to discuss my profile, experience etc. This was followed by an onsite interview. The onsite interview was 3 one hour sessions with 3 different team members. One thing about the interview was that the interviewers did not seem to have had a discussion after each session, so that their questions revolved around the same problem domain / aspects.

Interview Question – Design a program to build and update a market depth book.   View Answer

Vice President Interview

Vice President
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at RBC Wealth Management in December 2011.

Interview Details – Number of interviews from a number of team members (junior and senior). Trying to expand presence in the US market. Acting cautious - not sure if they want to hire at all levels. While this may be good strategy in an established market (from example Canada), in the US market the process can be long and convoluted.

Interview Question – What is your view on the European debt crises impact on the structured finance market? Can you quantify your views?   View Answer

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at RBC Wealth Management in June 2011.

Interview Details – Phone Interview. After a week i was called in for a face to face interview. Met with 5 people and the interview lasted for 3.5 hours. After a week , i was called again to meet with 2 more people - Senior Managers. The technical interview was pretty detailed and all the interviewers were very nice. Interview was mainly focused on .Net, web based technologies, database, performance , unix etc.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at RBC Wealth Management

Worked for RBC Wealth Management? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RBC Wealth Management interview questions and advice. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by RBC Wealth Management employees and interview candidates.