RBS Citizens

23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Vice President Interview

Vice President

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at RBS Citizens.

Interview Details – Screening by recruiter; 30-minute interview with hiring manager; meeting with head of department and stakeholders.

Interview Question – It was a comment..."you've worked with smarter people than who you'll meet here."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Recruiter was indirect and wasn't transparent from the start re: the salary. Bonuses play a role in the negotiation.

Senior Operations Clerk Interview

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at RBS Citizens.

Interview Details – In the interview process they really go into detail about what your duties will be for that positiom

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult questions   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Teller Interview

Teller

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at RBS Citizens.

Interview Details – Quick and easy

Interview Question – There wasn't one. We had a conversation and I was hired   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Bridgeport, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at RBS Citizens in June 2010.

Interview Details – Obtained interview via referral from someone I'd worked with in the past. Had one series of interviews there with the management team and HR and was subsequently offered the job. Process was pretty straightforward. The interview team was all part of marketing - no one from outside the group aside from the HR person.

Interview Question – No real unexpected questions. Mostly focused on prior work experience and what I could bring to the table in the new position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating permitted. Offer was essentially a "take it or leave it".

Part-Time Teller Interview

Part-Time Teller

Interviewed at RBS Citizens

Interview Details – did a phone interview, a recruiting interview and in face interview.

Interview Question – what can you bring into the company?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at RBS Citizens.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very brief and to the point. There was one interview. The interview consisted of myself and two VP's. The conversation started off nice and friendly, then became a little more intense. But overall, I enjoyed the interviewing process and my interviewers. Fortunately, I was offered the internship shortly after. I decided to accept the offer, and I have to admit, even though the career path was not right for me, I couldn't have asked to work with a better team or a better manager.

Interview Question – Became a little more intense towards the end when the conversation led to discussing my personal stock portfolio. Soon after, I had to explain the rationale behind why I chose to invest in a company that was in my portfolio.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple and to the point. This is what we are offering… Is that fine with you?…. Okay, great.

Senior Vice President Interview

Senior Vice President

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at RBS Citizens in June 2009.

Interview Details – Expect 2-3 interviews between Human Resources and the actual hiring manager... Be very specific about your goals, and demonstrate an understanding of the impact that foreign ownership has had on Citizens... Citizens has grown largely by acquisition, resulting in numerous cultural changes over the past decade. Be prepared to demonstrate the requisite flexibility.

Interview Question – How do you manage change?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was little room for negotiation

Information Security Analyst Interview

Information Security Analyst
Cranston, RI

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RBS Citizens in July 2012.

Interview Details – Going through a recruiter lessen your chances of getting hired. Try to contact Citizens directly.

Interview Question – In this position, they are looking for book smarts and not for security experts. They do not care if you have IT security experience. They are looking for a person that knows the terms "Due diligence, risk mitigation, ...". A CISSP is great. People with technical skills will have a hard time getting in.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Their initial offer was low. Kept going back and forth until I got what I want. During my 2 years at citizens I got only 2% raise.

Very Easy Interview

Lead OPS Supervisor Interview

Phila, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at RBS Citizens.

Interview Details – Hiring and Interview process was a data entry test. This was done to test my speed to encode checks.

Interview Question – I did not have many question my iterview was based on speed and quality control.   Answer Question

Call Center Specialist Interview

Cranston, RI

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at RBS Citizens in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was called after applying online within a week. I was told all about the training, wages, etc which made it seem like they were already ready to hire me, given all the information. I go in for my interview, which is at 8:30pm, and we are seated in a cafeteria with nothing but a small folder in front of us. The questions were vague. "Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled it." - "Name a time you had to meet a goal and what did you do to reach that goal"

Interview Question – Name a time when you had to take time off of work and what you did to make it easy on the company   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for RBS Citizens? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RBS Citizens interview questions and advice. All 23 interview reviews posted anonymously by RBS Citizens employees and interview candidates.