RBS Greenwich Capital

17 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Summer Analyst Interview

Summer Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital.

Interview Details – On campus recruiting for a semi-target school. First round was done by senior member, mostly behavioral (walk me through your resume, why rbs, why capital markets, etc)

Interview Question – Why RBS?   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Vice President
Stamford, CT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital in March 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiting / Interview process was very streamlined. Met 4 people in one day and the decision was reached within 2 weeks. Was strange the I had to accept an offer prior to background screening, which took far too long.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was within my expectations so no negotiation

IT Developer Interview

IT Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital.

Interview Details – Pretty standard, multiple people interviewing at once. Questions are mixed - some technical, some random logical questions. Was going for 2.5-3 hours.

Interview Question – 2 remote rooms in the house, one has 2 light bulbs, another - light switch, connected to one light bulb. How to find out which light bulb is connected? You can't leave the switch on while leaving switch room for light bulb room, no help is available.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Could not negotiate

Associate Interview

Associate
Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital.

Interview Details – Started from recruiter. 2 rounds of 3-4 interviewees. Some technical, mostly behavioral.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Fixed Income Analyst - Treasuries Interview

Fixed Income Analyst - Treasuries
Greenwich, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital in March 2009.

Interview Details – Very fluid process and moved quickly through multiple rounds. On a high level, most interviewers want to gadge how the candidate thinks under stress and applies logic. Specific knowledge of products other than the basics was not necessary as this was an entry-level analyst position.

Interview Question – How deep is the deepest part of the ocean? If you were to drop a bowling ball from a boat over the deepest point in the bottom, how long would it take until it hit the bottom?   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital in January 2010.

Interview Details – behavioral and some technical. nice atmosphere

Interview Question – discuss views on capital requirements/regulations and how they are impacting ROE   View Answer

Negotiation Details – negotiated through recruiter. think i could have gotten better had I gone solo

Trading Analyst Interview

Trading Analyst
Greenwich, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital in April 2009.

Interview Details – Came in to talk with a trader - probably head of desk and an HR professional. He asked me some general questions about background, why I want to be a trader, etc. The trader asked a few technical questions pertinent to his product which I answered correctly, but he seemed to be looking not just for correctness but for speed and clear confidence. It was clear it was completely up to the trader whether I'd get hired. He said when I followed up that he didn't want me because I didn't appear aggressive enough, whatever that meant, but throughout the course of the interview he himself was quite composed and gave little cause for pushback, etc, the way I remember it.

Interview Question – What's the central bank set interest rate in Australia right now?   Answer Question

Controller Interview

Controller
Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital in January 2009.

Interview Details – I really don't remember the process. I was interviewed by 3 people in my department. It went through series of questions relating to accounting, excel and finance and I don't remember the exact questions. People over there are very friendly and easy going. The work environment is very laid back as long as you understand your work.

Negotiation Details – good

Operations Analyst Interview

Operations Analyst
Stamford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital in December 2010.

Interview Details – I met with 4 people at RBS in 2 separate interviews. They seemed very keen on my candidacy - one person even saying that I was "perfect" for the job and "exactly what they were looking for..." I guess I should have read that as code for, you are not getting this job!

Interview Question – Why is your resume jumpy?   View Answers (2)

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Stamford, CT

The process took 4 days - interviewed at RBS Greenwich Capital in February 2010.

Interview Details – Very fit-based, hardly anything technical - i.e. "why sales & trading?", "why your school/major?". On the whole they have a very holistic approach to interviewing for analyst positions that I found incredibly refreshing and rather uncommon amongst the various bulge-bracket banks. Ultimately, they're really just gaging whether or not they want you sitting on their desk for years.

Interview Question – What do you think about the price of gold?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for RBS Greenwich Capital? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RBS Greenwich Capital interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by RBS Greenwich Capital employees and interview candidates.