RCN

Updated Oct 16, 2014
Updated Oct 16, 2014

2.5

Customer Satisfaction Technician Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at RCN.

Applied online, no cover letter or references required up front (references checked after successful interview). Three stage interview, first with three managers, next with head of operations, then head of HR. Everybody was friendly and professional. Managers were very technically proficient, so don't lie...

Interview Questions
    • Can't remember specific questions, but the hardest were meant to test personal judgement in difficult situations with customers.   Answer Question
    The offer was competitive for a starting position and the benefits were really good, so I didn't try to negotiate.

Direct Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Easton, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RCN in February 2012.

No real interview.... Basically a cattle call for bodies.

None....

Customer Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes Barre, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes Barre, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RCN in May 2011.

Interview was pretty consistent with industry standards. First step was a phone interview. This was not very detailed, was just asked a few basic background questions. Got the feeling it was primarily to judge how you talk on the phone. Day of the interview, there were a few of us there for the same time slot. We were brought into a conference room where we were advised of job duties, pay structure, benefit plans, and training requirements. After agreeing that these were acceptable to us, we went on to skills testing. This involved a basic math test, typing test, customer service (common sense) test, data entry test, and finally a mock phone call. After these were passed, we went on to 1:1 interview with a manager. The whole process took under 2 hours. Manager advised upon conclusion of interview that he would recommend me for hire, so that was a definite plus. It was a very relaxed, conversational interview - so despite the cliche, my best advice would be to be yourself. Be professional, yet relaxed. That is really the culture of the company, too. It is the first company I have worked for where 'Have Fun' is part of the mission statement!

Interview Questions
    • What are three reasons you would call off of work?   View Answer
    There was so negotiating. They tell you your rate of pay, hours, etc. The company does pay a decent wage for the area - above average. The benefits are fair and it is relatively stress free. Also, there are always opportunities here for making more money - commission, bonus, qa incentive, shift differential, holiday, and OT.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at RCN in February 2011.

Interviewers were concise and clear about what they wanted in a candidate. Interviewers asked most questions that were directly related to the posted position. 2 rounds of interviews

Nothing

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RCN in November 2009.

I was contacted by HR for the initial phone screening interview. I then met with a panel of marketing and sales executives to discuss my qualifications and learn more about the position. Type of questions including the norm - tell me about your work history; what are your weaknesses/strengths; how do you motivate a team; have you ever had to let go of an employee- how did you do it? The work culture seemed productive and business casual with a strong commitment to overcomming declining sales and less-than motivated staff.

Interview Questions
    • How will you motivate a disruptive employee who is also not motivated?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RCN in May 2008.

Was actually given a verbal offer and then held over for close to a month calling back to find out if the offer letter had been signed. My advice - Beware of this company - they aren't ready to hire.