RE/MAX

Relevance Date Difficulty

Internship Interview

New York, NY

Interviewed at RE/MAX

Interview Details – Basically ask why you are interested in real estate, what do you know about re/max. And to go through resume yourself instead of the interviewer ask you. A very fast pace interview.

Re/Max Appraisal Summer Intern Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at RE/MAX.

Interview Details – Basic. 2 interviews that consisted of entirely behavioral questions. Nothing technical and nothing too specific too real estate. Offer was made the same day as your second interview.

Interviews took place in the office. One with a senior associate and last with two managing partners. Just be persistent and show you really want the job.

Interview Question – What about your background makes you applicable to work in real estate?
Why are you interested in real estate?
Can you see yourself doing this as a life-time career?
Give an example of where you failed at something you put a lot of effort into.
Give an example of something successful you achieved after putting in a lot of work.
Talk about a time where you had to collaborate with others on a group project? Did the project succeed or fail, and why do you think the results happened?
How would you go about obtaining a client?
  View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at RE/MAX.

Interview Details – They will hire any one with a license to sell real estate. The interview process is a piece of cake. Make sure you have been trained prior to joining.

Interview Question – nothing was difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Analyst Internship Interview

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RE/MAX in September 2013.

Interview Details – It is very short on site interview at Manhattan that only take 15 mins. Just walk through your resume and some general behavior questions, e.g. tell me about yourself, What's can you bring for RE/MAX, why RE/MAX

Interview Question – Very easy questions, no unexpected questions.Just general behavior questions   Answer Question

Salesperson Interview

Glendale, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at RE/MAX in February 2009.

Interview Details – There was only one interview with the Broker who was very welcoming and polite. He stated that he was fairly choosy with whom he staffed his office - those being only the most ethically inclined, helpful to clients and above all the highest level of professionalism, as that was what his office was known for. He wanted to trust the agents that worked for him as well as earning their trust from his consistent support. It then was an easy decision for me.

Interview Question – What was the most illogical objection you faced during a sales presentation and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RE/MAX in June 2012.

Interview Details – Terrible interview, extremely weird questions. I kept looking around thinking i was being filmed for a funny show or something. Part of job was walking owners dog in a urban area where there is NO grass. I was told i was never ever allowed to leave my post at the phone and if one single call was missed, i would be fired. How i was supposed to walk the dog and clean the bathrooms (yes) i am just not sure. i think it was supposed to happen off the clock. In addition, no benefits and very low pay (as in McDonalds or ChickfilA would have been better).

Interview Question – They had me take one of those ridiculous tests which asks you questions in five ways to see if you lie.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Unreasonable expectations with no rewards.

Very Easy Interview

Realtor Interview

Realtor
Lafayette, LA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at RE/MAX in January 2010.

Interview Details – Almost have to be brought in by the broker or another agent - there really isn't any great way to just decide to be a part of RE/MAX. If you do get an opportunity, you have to either have the drive to succeed or a proven real estate sales record. They do not contract just anyone.

Interview Question – There weren't any particularly difficult or unexpected questions during the interview process. If anything, it was very friendly and open.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You accept their terms of being an independent contractor, or you go somewhere else. I only ever had issues with the commercial vehicle insurance, which was a preference of my individual broker/franchise owner - not the corporation.

Real Estate Associate Broker Interview

The Villages, FL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at RE/MAX.

Interview Details – This company has been VERY successful in Selling Homes and Land in our area. The owners both interviewed me (and my husband sat it). They explained their business format, what they provide and what they will do to assist my in my transition from being a Sole Owner of a real estate company.

Interview Questions

• What was my income expectations? What percentage would expect as a company split.   View Answer
  • How much commission did you charge when you owned your own real estate company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Make sure you ask for leads from Re/Max, because I did not ask that question and should have. OOPS!

Product Analyst Interview

Interviewed at RE/MAX

Interview Details – HR pre screening. 3 interviews.

Summer Intern Interview

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at RE/MAX in March 2013.

Interview Details – Resume-Interview

Interview Question – Why are you interested in the intern?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at RE/MAX

Worked for RE/MAX? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RE/MAX interview questions and advice. All 31 interview reviews posted anonymously by RE/MAX employees and interview candidates.