RE/MAX

Updated Dec 6, 2014
Updated Dec 6, 2014

2.1

Product Analyst Interview

HR pre screening. 3 interviews.

Administration/Secretarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Selden, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Selden, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at RE/MAX.

Interview process was more like a meeting for coffee. Very relaxed. Interviewed with multiple owners concurrently. A more thorough interview process was expected from the persons hiring.

Interview Questions
    • There really were none that were particularly difficult.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiating. I received what I asked for without question.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RE/MAX in March 2013.

Resume-Interview

Developer Interview

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at RE/MAX.

Good process and they will check your references and background. Process from initial call to hire is about 6-8 weeks.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RE/MAX.

The interview process was very pleasant. The Broker met with me at a restaurant and paid for my lunch. He proceeded to ask a few questions as to what my goals were and explained the policies of our company and what they had to offer.

Interview Questions
    • He wanted to know why I chose their company over all the other Real Estate Companies.   View Answer
    It was simple. They told me what they had to offer and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at RE/MAX.

I think RE/MAX is looking for agents who are hungry to get started in the business or have already established a system of generating clients

Interview Questions
    I had to decide what I could afford to pay the office versus what I wanted to keep in commissions.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RE/MAX in June 2012.

Terrible interview, extremely weird questions. I kept looking around thinking i was being filmed for a funny show or something. Part of job was walking owners dog in a urban area where there is NO grass. I was told i was never ever allowed to leave my post at the phone and if one single call was missed, i would be fired. How i was supposed to walk the dog and clean the bathrooms (yes) i am just not sure. i think it was supposed to happen off the clock. In addition, no benefits and very low pay (as in McDonalds or ChickfilA would have been better).

Interview Questions
    • They had me take one of those ridiculous tests which asks you questions in five ways to see if you lie.   Answer Question

Unreasonable expectations with no rewards.

Real Estate Business Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at RE/MAX in September 2011.

Got a call from the real estate agent. Then we set up an appointment for 1:1 interview. Nothing really special because it's an internship. Got the job the next day after the interview.

Nothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RE/MAX in January 2010.

Almost have to be brought in by the broker or another agent - there really isn't any great way to just decide to be a part of RE/MAX. If you do get an opportunity, you have to either have the drive to succeed or a proven real estate sales record. They do not contract just anyone.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any particularly difficult or unexpected questions during the interview process. If anything, it was very friendly and open.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. You accept their terms of being an independent contractor, or you go somewhere else. I only ever had issues with the commercial vehicle insurance, which was a preference of my individual broker/franchise owner - not the corporation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RE/MAX in September 2009.

Had one phone interview after sending an email from a internet job posting. Seemed interesting but the split was too high to make it feasible.