RE/MAX Interview Questions

Updated Jun 20, 2015

2.0

Re/Max Appraisal Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at RE/MAX.

Interview

Basic. 2 interviews that consisted of entirely behavioral questions. Nothing technical and nothing too specific too real estate. Offer was made the same day as your second interview.

Interviews took place in the office. One with a senior associate and last with two managing partners. Just be persistent and show you really want the job.

Interview Questions

• What about your background makes you applicable to work in real estate?
      Why are you interested in real estate?
      Can you see yourself doing this as a life-time career?
      Give an example of where you failed at something you put a lot of effort into.
      Give an example of something successful you achieved after putting in a lot of work.
      Talk about a time where you had to collaborate with others on a group project? Did the project succeed or fail, and why do you think the results happened?
      How would you go about obtaining a client?

1 Answer

Realtor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RE/MAX (Kansas City, MO) in January 2014.

Interview

Brokers actually interview you. Very easy. The brokerage makes money from percenage of sales that their agents earn in commission. They have a lot to gain and very little to loose when adding people to the sales force because the agents are not salaried. 100% commission-based job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at RE/MAX.

Interview

They will hire any one with a license to sell real estate. The interview process is a piece of cake. Make sure you have been trained prior to joining.

Marketing Analyst Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at RE/MAX (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

It is very short on site interview at Manhattan that only take 15 mins. Just walk through your resume and some general behavior questions, e.g. tell me about yourself, What's can you bring for RE/MAX, why RE/MAX

Interview Questions

• Very easy questions, no unexpected questions.Just general behavior questions   Answer Question

Real Estate Associate Broker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Villages, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at RE/MAX (The Villages, FL).

Interview

This company has been VERY successful in Selling Homes and Land in our area. The owners both interviewed me (and my husband sat it). They explained their business format, what they provide and what they will do to assist my in my transition from being a Sole Owner of a real estate company.

Interview Questions

• What was my income expectations? What percentage would expect as a company split.   1 Answer
    • How much commission did you charge when you owned your own real estate company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure you ask for leads from Re/Max, because I did not ask that question and should have. OOPS!

Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RE/MAX (Pittsburgh, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

I called the office and talked immediately to the owner who arranged interview the same week. The interview was with owner and was very pleasant and relaxing. The people were friendly, office was professional and up to date/advanced with extreme technical support. Office has I house mortgage and settlement companies for convenience.

Interview Questions

• What makes us stand out from other Remax offices/real estate offices?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There are several commission plans to select from depending on your past sales

Product Analyst Interview

Interview

HR pre screening. 3 interviews.

Administration/Secretarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Selden, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at RE/MAX (Selden, NY).

Interview

Interview process was more like a meeting for coffee. Very relaxed. Interviewed with multiple owners concurrently. A more thorough interview process was expected from the persons hiring.

Interview Questions

• There really were none that were particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiating. I received what I asked for without question.

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RE/MAX (Sacramento, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Resume-Interview

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at RE/MAX (Richardson, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

You fill out an application. You get interviewed and they ask you about your work history. They will ask you questions to prove you have experience with operations. You might get a maximum of two interviews after the application and screening process before they hire you.

Interview Questions

• In my situation, I had to give the abbreviations for some of the states such as Vermont, Montana, and Wyoming. I felt this was difficult because I am horrible at abbreviations.   Answer Question