RE/MAX REALTOR Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

1.8

Realtor Interview

Just a face-to-face interview. I was told about the training, or lack of, and what was expected of me. Growing too fast too quick and I had been told some negative things about the company.

Because I got a better offer

Other Interview Reviews for RE/MAX

Realtor Interview

Realtors are independent contractors, but that doesn't you'll be accepted at every brokerage. REMAX prides themselves on full time educated professionals. Family is of course important, but be sure to focus on how much time you're willing to put in to your career. Mentioning any additional training or designations will not only hep you get accepted, but also negotiate a better commission split.

Interview Questions
    • The hardest part is negotiating a good monthly. REMAX tends to be higher per month, but their agents get to keep a larger portion of the commissions. This attracts top producers and keeps bottom feeders away.   Answer Question

Realtor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RE/MAX.

Typically, REMAX will only hire seasoned REALTORS. They will want to know your sales experience, how you can jump ahead with your career. Being a people person with the front desk to the Broker is important/

Interview Questions
    • I don't know if there's a difficult question. I think more than anything it will be up to chemistry with the Broker. Know your sales results and what you plan to do to grow your business. REMAX charges about $1000 month for office fees. maybe a little less if you share an office.   Answer Question
    straight commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Randolph, NJ

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RE/MAX in May 2014.

It was a simple process and the interviewer was essentially trying to recruit you. Because you are an agent and brokers make money off your sales, they want to impress you more than wanting to be impressed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clarksville, TN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RE/MAX.

The interview process was very pleasant. The Broker met with me at a restaurant and paid for my lunch. He proceeded to ask a few questions as to what my goals were and explained the policies of our company and what they had to offer.

Interview Questions
    • He wanted to know why I chose their company over all the other Real Estate Companies.   View Answer
    It was simple. They told me what they had to offer and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at RE/MAX.

I think RE/MAX is looking for agents who are hungry to get started in the business or have already established a system of generating clients

Interview Questions
    I had to decide what I could afford to pay the office versus what I wanted to keep in commissions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lafayette, LA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RE/MAX in January 2010.

Almost have to be brought in by the broker or another agent - there really isn't any great way to just decide to be a part of RE/MAX. If you do get an opportunity, you have to either have the drive to succeed or a proven real estate sales record. They do not contract just anyone.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any particularly difficult or unexpected questions during the interview process. If anything, it was very friendly and open.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation. You accept their terms of being an independent contractor, or you go somewhere else. I only ever had issues with the commercial vehicle insurance, which was a preference of my individual broker/franchise owner - not the corporation.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RE/MAX in September 2009.

Had one phone interview after sending an email from a internet job posting. Seemed interesting but the split was too high to make it feasible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at RE/MAX in January 2009.

The owner called me up and requested an interview. In real estate sales, this is where the broker/owner presents their case for me joining their office.

Interview Questions
    • The interview is reverse where you interview the management.   Answer Question
    I was able to gain a favorable commission split after being at the brokerage for 2 years.

Realtor Interview

You interview the broker not the other way around. Verify fee schedules, how you are paid (i.e. electronically or via cheque) and what the office offers in terms of training, space, etc.

Everything is negotiable in real estate.