RE/MAX

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Lafayette, LA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at RE/MAX in January 2010.

Interview Details – Almost have to be brought in by the broker or another agent - there really isn't any great way to just decide to be a part of RE/MAX. If you do get an opportunity, you have to either have the drive to succeed or a proven real estate sales record. They do not contract just anyone.

Interview Question – There weren't any particularly difficult or unexpected questions during the interview process. If anything, it was very friendly and open.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. You accept their terms of being an independent contractor, or you go somewhere else. I only ever had issues with the commercial vehicle insurance, which was a preference of my individual broker/franchise owner - not the corporation.

Clarksville, TN

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at RE/MAX.

Interview Details – The interview process was very pleasant. The Broker met with me at a restaurant and paid for my lunch. He proceeded to ask a few questions as to what my goals were and explained the policies of our company and what they had to offer.

Interview Question – He wanted to know why I chose their company over all the other Real Estate Companies.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was simple. They told me what they had to offer and I accepted.

Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at RE/MAX.

Interview Details – I think RE/MAX is looking for agents who are hungry to get started in the business or have already established a system of generating clients

Interview Question – How to you plan to generate business?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had to decide what I could afford to pay the office versus what I wanted to keep in commissions.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at RE/MAX in January 2009.

Interview Details – The owner called me up and requested an interview. In real estate sales, this is where the broker/owner presents their case for me joining their office.

Interview Question – The interview is reverse where you interview the management.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to gain a favorable commission split after being at the brokerage for 2 years.

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at RE/MAX in September 2009.

Interview Details – Had one phone interview after sending an email from a internet job posting. Seemed interesting but the split was too high to make it feasible.

Interview Question – Do you have a business plan?   View Answer

Interviewed at RE/MAX

Interview Details – You interview the broker not the other way around. Verify fee schedules, how you are paid (i.e. electronically or via cheque) and what the office offers in terms of training, space, etc.

Negotiation Details – Everything is negotiable in real estate.

Montreal, QC (Canada)

I interviewed at RE/MAX in February 2012.

Interview Details – Unless you are looking to work under a prestigious banner, getting your foot in the door to a local Real Estate office isn't difficult. Making enough money to pay your fees and yourself is the challenge.

Interview Question – No difficult questions were asked.   Answer Question

Realtor

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at RE/MAX in January 2008.

Interview Details – they discuss the benefits of joining RE/MAX and what they can do for you, along with commission splits and monthly dues

Interview Question – What where your total sales with your previous employer?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – choose a career change

Realtor

The process took a day - interviewed at RE/MAX in March 2007.

Interview Details – Informal interview consisting of a few open ended questions and a short walk through of the office.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Commission based job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at RE/MAX

Worked for RE/MAX? Contribute to the Community!