RED Interactive Agency Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at RED Interactive Agency

Game Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RED Interactive Agency (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

Since I was interviewing from another state it was a 1h long call with someone from HR, it was very pleasant and we went through my previous jobs. experience, interests and even personal matters like hobbies and what pleases me to do the most in my job. Then we had an in-person second part of the interview where we dove deeper in technical knowledge, basically just talking about it and some key questions here and there. Third part was another phone call where I spoke with the CEO and President, I was surprised but they do care about who they're hiring and they wanna check your personality and see if you fit in the company's culture, that's really amazing. Fourth contact was to talk about compensation and define start date. Overall amazing experience and I think they do it the right way, big props!

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

User Experience Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RED Interactive Agency.

Interview

I heard back from a recruiter promptly after responding to a job posting. After setting up a phone screen she cancelled- twice. "Too busy". I figured third time was a charm and we set up another phone call. This time simply didn't bother calling. No cancellation or follow up apology. Three times I made room in my schedule with my current employer. Huge waste of my time! Sloppy and unprofessional.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RED Interactive Agency (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I was approached by an inhouse recruiter through LinkedIn. My resume was not posted online anywhere and I was not on the market for any new opportunities. The recruiter who just graduated from college literally, like 3 months ago, sent me a message through LinkedIn and wanted to speak with me about an opportunity with them. I scheduled the call and she basically asked me questions about the recruiting process at my current company. Said that she would present my resume to the HR manager. There is only one HR manager and then her, as the recruiter. They are looking to add to their team, someone who is experienced and can come in and hit the ground running. This person will be doing recruiting as well as HR functions as they are a very small team. Salary would be based on experience. That next week, she emailed me that they would not be moving forward with my resume. Not sure what I interviewed for or what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• What is the current recruiting process at your company?   Answer Question

Senior User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RED Interactive Agency (Santa Monica, CA) in July 2012.

Interview

After 2 phone interviews, I was invited for an on site interview where I would meet a series of Exec Producers, Designers, UX and the CEO. There was no formal portfolio review but I brought my presentation deck with me. They asked about my project experience and asked how I would approach some business and creative tasks. Overall it was a very simple and relatively easy interview. I felt no pressure or nerves and was made to feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• A co-worker doesn't agree with some of your design decisions and isn't interested in making compromises. How would you deal with the situation?   1 Answer

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RED Interactive Agency (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Met with CEO, 2 VPs. Did not meet with any creative, although I think this format has changed.

Negotiation

Always ask for more $$$. They will generally meet counters or requests within reason.