REI Systems Associate Project Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Associate Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at REI Systems in October 2009.

I had multiple rounds of interviews.
It started with a Phone interview, after clearing this round, I was scheduled for a face to face interview session within a week.
The face to face session had two rounds of interviews back to back. The interviews were very detailed and touched many areas of a PM's job. After clearing these, I was called in for a third face to face interview session which consisted of two rounds again.

I think that the overall process went pretty smooth and was well organized, although I had to wait a bit at the lobby once.

The interviewer's focus was on my resume and my capabilities. The interviewers were very knowledgeable and hands on folks. There were quite a few very tough problem solving / situational questions which one can only answer if one has experienced the issues firsthand (I think that i did well) . IMHO it is a smart thing to do in order to assess real experience (vs bookish knowledge).

The technical questions were very deep and progressive. I think that the interviewers were looking for a well rounded PM with minimum learning curve. The interviews touched many areas of the SDLC , process areas and were pretty detailed.

Situational questions are always tough, as one cannot remember all experiences one has had.
Technical and direct experience questions are always the ones where you either know the answer or you don't.
My recomendation is - Don't try to BS - as the interviewer will catch it.

The REI team is very technical and advanced. It is a young and growing company - with many positions open and room for growth. The culture is results driven and very customer focussed. I was impressed to see the dedication and motivation at all levels of the personnel I dealt with during my interviews. The interviews are not easy, but when you are hired it gives you the feeling of achievement and it is really great to work with very competitive team-members who have also gone through a very careful hiring process.

After working here for a few months - I have studied the culture, the people, the management and the pipeline - I can say that I made the right career decision to join here.

Interview Questions
My needs were simple and straightforward, and as the unsolicited offer was in my range - I did not feel the need to do any haggling.
I had some questions related to benefits, which were handled pretty well by the HR POC.

Worked for REI Systems? Contribute to the Community!