REI Systems Interview Questions in Herndon, VA

3.1

Salesforce Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at REI Systems.

Had 3 rounds of interview. First interview was with a senior developer who asked everything about programming and database questions followed by some puzzles. The second interview was with an architect who asked general puzzle based questions. The final was with a resource manager who asked if I had to start a restaurant, what are the factors that i would take into consideration.

No negotiation

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at REI Systems.

Hiring manager was too busy to receive (understandable). Made me wait for a long time. Two people showed up after a long time, interviewed and asked me to wait for the hiring manager. Again the gentleman doesn't show up. I wait until the receptionist suggest me that it is way past office time. Finally I leave around 8 PM on my commute back (Out of town 4 hours commute). No respect for a job applicant.

Salesforce Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at REI Systems in December 2012.

Their Talent Acquisition team contacted me in response to my resume on Monster, they said the role was open and I seemed to be a great match for their Saleforce Practice in Herndon, a position within the CRM solutions team. The recruiter was courteous and knowledgeable. She scheduled a phone interview. I was asked to speak with a SF developer who asked me standard questions on my experience. Next I waited for a week and finally they said they will call me in for a face to face. The interview time and date was set, I was asked to show 15 minutes before the interview and bring with me some "necessary and important" employment application forms. I show up at the interview and the main door is locked, no one at the reception. After waiting for 10 minutes I call the recruiter, she informed that someone will let me in. After a brief wait I was let in by the guy who did the phone interview. I was led to one of the conference rooms with a very noisy neighboring conference room.

After a brief wait I was interviewed by the CRM solutions team Manager, I gathered he was related to the owner of the company with same last name. He looked highly unprofessional with unbuttoned shirt, gold chain etc. He took business casual to a new level. At this point I was wondering how professional this interview was going to be. After asking about my background he informed me he wasn’t sure of the role he wanted me to play whether it was a BA or CRM solutions Team lead. On hearing my background and flexibility he said he will have couple more people interview me. At this point I wasn’t given any timeline or any hint of how long the process will take.

Next two Saleforce developers casually walk in, the interview continued. The two interviewers were one from the phone interview and the other a Technical Architect. After a while I realized the interviewers were unnecessarily arguing with me on my interview responses and were having some fun on the side posing gotcha questions to me and smirk with each other. Slowly I realized a departure from a professional interview environment; instead it was similar to something like a casual college frat house interview. The two CRM solutions developers seemed fresh from India and kept asking meaningless questions about my CRM solutions experience, frequently interrupting and arguing with me during my responses. Finally they realized they were going over time (almost an hour) and let in another interviewer. This time the interviewer was a CRM solutions PM, I assumed, never stated what he really did. He was courteous and listened intently to my response to his questions and provided feedback.

So far I was interviewing for 2 hours, suddenly the CRM solutions team Manager quickly walks in and says they have conference call to attend and they will get back to me through the recruiter. On the second day after the interview I emailed the CRM solutions team Manager a “Thank you” note, no response. I contacted the recruiter, she informed me she will find out and get back to me. After a week I still don’t hear from them, I called the recruiter again. After a few days I was emailed a note that they didn’t find me to be a match for their team. These people seriously have no value for other people’s time and lack professional courtesy during and after interview. The interview can be easily classified as unprofessional due to the way it was handled and the sheer waste of time. I was two steps away from calling off the interview and heading out if it weren’t for my situation of being between jobs.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult to answer, just standard Saleforce experience questions.Difficult part was when they nitpick the answer, in order to provoke a reaction. You are trying to maintain the professionalism.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at REI Systems in March 2012.

REI sys is a growing company in the area. They seem to have a good process in place as far as recruitment is concerned. What I did not like was the amount of time they take between each communication. It feels like forever. It could be a result of a heavy volume of applications but from a candidate's perspective, it's a painful wait. Advice for REI is to somehow speed up the process. Advice for candidates is to just be patient and don't rule out anything just because they did not get back quickly.

Interview Questions
    • If an employee in your team is lacking motivation, how would you address that?   Answer Question

Linux Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at REI Systems in March 2012.

Contacted by a staffing recruiter who was very pleasant through the whole process. The recruiter forwarded my resume to REISystems who was immediately interested and called the recruiter back to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview went well and they setup an in-person interview for the next week. The In-person interview only lasted about 30 mins which consisted of mostly scenario questions and there was very little feedback and an overall lack of enthusiasm on their part.. a few days later the recruiter said they didn't want to move forward.

Interview Questions
    • What step would you take to troubleshoot this or that.   Answer Question
    • What is the worst problem you have encountered on your past job.   Answer Question

Testing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at REI Systems in February 2012.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the difficult situation you faced while testing?   Answer Question

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online – interviewed at REI Systems in September 2011.

I was interviewed by 3 different people,with analytical,technical questions.the level of interview questions were good

BAD.Program Manager was bargaining for 1000$

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at REI Systems in August 2011.

Very lengthy. It was 4 hours for me without any prior notification. It was clear sign for me that they don't take into account your personal time and value, but I didn't pay attention that time.

Interview Questions
    • They ask a lot of questions not related to your experience, but rather showing how you think. At the same time all questions they ask can be easily found in internet. What is their own input then?   Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at REI Systems in August 2011.

I got a call from the HR and she asked me why do you want to work for REI, my background, BA exp type questions. Later, after a week, a phone interview was scheduled which lasted for like an hour.. two weeks from then a 1:1 was scheduled. Waiting for the final result. I don't know if they are going to call me for the next round.

Overall, the interview was fun because the entire process was in the form of an exercise.. I enjoyed interviewing for REI Systems... though it is not a piece of cake, you would definitely learn a lot out of this interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Difference between inner joints and outer joints ?   View Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at REI Systems in September 2010.

Really this site helped me a lot. I was just preparing ASP.Net. After seeing this site , I prepared some Analytical questions too. Yeah we can answer Analytical questions. But we need to have a look before interview. It helped me a lot. It has Technical, Analytical and personality too.

Interview Questions
    • Analytical Questions. Algorithms. 10x 10x10 cube... Then Algorithms   Answer Question