REI Systems Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2015

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at REI Systems.

Interview

Very nice interview process with a combination of resume-based and situational/practical interview questions. HR representative and Interviewers were very friendly and made the Interviewee feell very comfortable and at ease. They were very open about their policies and work culture as well.

Business Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at REI Systems (Sterling, VA).

Interview

Initial Phone Screen with Lengthy In-Person Interview after passing the phone screen. The more people that interview you, the better your chances of being hired. REI tries to interview/hire in a very swift manner.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a situation where you did not get along with someone at work?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate my salary.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at REI Systems (Sterling, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

The phone interview last about 40 minutes with basic types of questions. The interviewer was Indian and I had to ask for the questions to be repeated a couple of times and/or just took a guess at what I thought was being asked. I was immediately contacted later that day to schedule a face-to-face. I was informed the face-to-face will consists of (3) separate interviews; technical, behavior and interview with actual manager? The building is 'dated' with no appeal. The technical interview was with a person they deemed as being very technical and lasted about 1.15 minutes. There was communication barrier where English was not interviewers first language. The interviewer stated a couple of times that my responses where not in relation to her question. Therefore, I adopted the approach of repeating her questions back to her before answering. I could tell this was annoying her but how else was I suppose to make sure I was responding accordingly. I had to wait for 30 minutes before the next interviewer arrived for the behavior questions. Just plain stupid ... I was seriously considering walking out at this point. Again, another Indian, but at least I could understand this individual. I did not have an opportunity to meet with Manager. I was told by recruiter that he would call and reschedule and/or step-up phone interview. The recruiter contacted me the next day to advise that the technical INTERVIEWER did not feel they should move forward. She felt I was lacking appropriate skills. I started laughing.... this really caught him off guard. Anyway, I have accepted a position with another company and could not be happier. REI Systems needs to be concentrate on its hiring practices with emphasis towards a DIVERSITY!

Interview Questions

• - What types of tables would a retailer such Overstock.com have? - What is a business, functional or non-functional requirement? - What is basic syntax for query against Oracle database - How do you conduct a business requirements session.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at REI Systems (Sterling, VA).

Interview

Pretty Straightforward. Applied through a job listing site. Recruiter contacted me and set up the initial phone screen. Phone screen was completely technical and was 1 hour long. The in-person interview was conducted by 2 software engineers and lasted for 2 hours. The interview involved answering technical questions, writing code and answering a couple of puzzles. All interviewees were very courteous and knowledgeable except the manager who was a little full of himself.

Interview Questions

• Explain Prototypal inheritance in JavaScript?, what are closures?, What JavaScript design patterns are you familiar with? Explain CSS box model? Which HTML5 APIs have you used?   Answer Question

The offered base pay was way way below market value and what was agreed upon during the interview process. When I tried to negotiate they said I lacked certain technical skills that were required for the position. These skills were not asked for in the job listing or during the interview process. If I lacked the required skills, why hire me in the first place? I felt this was an underhanded attempt to acquire cheap labor and hence declined the offer.

IT Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at REI Systems (Sterling, VA) in April 2015.

Interview

Decent interview but I was not prepared for the logic test and it was a little nerve wracking answering those types of questions on the spot. I went through 2 phone interviews which were great and then I had one in person interview and I met with two people. I was told that one of the managers of the coordination department was unavailable to meet me but that a phone call would be arranged For the next day. They never called and I received an email a few days later saying that I did not get the job.

Coach Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at REI Systems (Sterling, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

I had phone interviews with several leaders, human resources and recruiting. I enjoyed discussing the options and possibilities with all involved. It did feel a little disjointed as if there was no coordination on REIs end.

Negotiation

there really was not one.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dulles, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at REI Systems (Dulles, VA).

Interview

The interview was poorly planned on behalf of REI systems. Their intake process had me waiting for 20 minutes where the scheduled interviewers were not available and another had already left the office. I didn't get the impression that this company was organized nor respected their potential hires time. During the interview I also didn't appreciate being badgered about questions as if I were on some kind of poorly run game show. Walking into the REI systems building it is obvious based on the Spartan white walls that this is just another poorly organized beltway bandit.

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take to work with development teams for change management trouble ticketing prioritization.   Answer Question

Poor organization and unprofessional treatment is why I declined. If this company treats potential hires like this, I don't have much faith that they respect it's employees. My trust in their statements for their low turnover during the pre interview process did not match the turnover reasons provided during the interview either. I suspect this organization isn't truthful about what they tell to potential candidates.

QA Engineer Interview

Interview

The process is detail oriented aimed to hire the correct person. However the actual interview process sometimes is lethargic. The actual person who has to interview is not available and they ponder for others to take the interview. Not much preparation. Asked all basics in methodologies, processes followed, application and usage. They will definitely try to find out if you had the real hands on experience. SQL knowledge and usage is must.

Interview Questions

• General questions. However they do ask analytical questions - 1) 10 coins in a bag where there are 10 bags and one bag has all coins weighing less. How will you find which one is it? 2) Picking the odd one out given 8 or 12 billiard balls. 3) 3 jars wrongly named, apples, oranges and mixed. How will you find and relabel to correctly. 4) Pairs of socks, probability on finding the right pair. How many tries? 5) Crossing river given a lion, goat, man. 6)   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no scope of negotiation once you are in. Very less competitive salary.

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at REI Systems.

Interview

Submitted resume. Then phone screen. Then completed application and met with 3 internal people. Salary negotiated with hiring manager before offer letter sent. Also, introduced me to a few folks.

Interview Questions

• Was not a prepared interview. Asked about past successes and discussed the culture and objective of the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated a little. Do not negotiate vacation, etc. other than salary. Possibly can get an earlier review.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at REI Systems in June 2014.

Interview

I applied for the position on Monday morning. That night, I received a voice message to call back on Tuesday morning which I did. The internal recruiter said he couldn't talk right now and to call him back in two hours which I also did. He never returned my call. I even left two other voice messages during the week. I never heard back from him.