REI Systems Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2014

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dulles, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dulles, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at REI Systems.

The interview was poorly planned on behalf of REI systems. Their intake process had me waiting for 20 minutes where the scheduled interviewers were not available and another had already left the office. I didn't get the impression that this company was organized nor respected their potential hires time. During the interview I also didn't appreciate being badgered about questions as if I were on some kind of poorly run game show. Walking into the REI systems building it is obvious based on the Spartan white walls that this is just another poorly organized beltway bandit.

Interview Questions
    • What steps would you take to work with development teams for change management trouble ticketing prioritization.   Answer Question

Poor organization and unprofessional treatment is why I declined. If this company treats potential hires like this, I don't have much faith that they respect it's employees. My trust in their statements for their low turnover during the pre interview process did not match the turnover reasons provided during the interview either. I suspect this organization isn't truthful about what they tell to potential candidates.

QA Engineer Interview

The process is detail oriented aimed to hire the correct person. However the actual interview process sometimes is lethargic. The actual person who has to interview is not available and they ponder for others to take the interview. Not much preparation. Asked all basics in methodologies, processes followed, application and usage. They will definitely try to find out if you had the real hands on experience. SQL knowledge and usage is must.

Interview Questions
    • General questions. However they do ask analytical questions -
      1) 10 coins in a bag where there are 10 bags and one bag has all coins weighing less. How will you find which one is it?
      2) Picking the odd one out given 8 or 12 billiard balls.
      3) 3 jars wrongly named, apples, oranges and mixed. How will you find and relabel to correctly.
      4) Pairs of socks, probability on finding the right pair. How many tries?
      5) Crossing river given a lion, goat, man.
        Answer Question
    There is no scope of negotiation once you are in. Very less competitive salary.

Program Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at REI Systems.

Submitted resume. Then phone screen. Then completed application and met with 3 internal people. Salary negotiated with hiring manager before offer letter sent. Also, introduced me to a few folks.

Interview Questions
    • Was not a prepared interview. Asked about past successes and discussed the culture and objective of the position.   Answer Question
    Negotiated a little. Do not negotiate vacation, etc. other than salary. Possibly can get an earlier review.

Project Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at REI Systems in June 2014.

I applied for the position on Monday morning. That night, I received a voice message to call back on Tuesday morning which I did. The internal recruiter said he couldn't talk right now and to call him back in two hours which I also did. He never returned my call. I even left two other voice messages during the week. I never heard back from him.

Business Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at REI Systems in March 2014.

The interview process was pretty standard. Had an HR screening over the phone, then an in person with a bunch of different people. Asked me a couple of logic problems. Overall, pretty basic questions otherwise. Everyone was very professional and polite but things did seem a little chaotic. There were a lot of schedule shifts and waiting around like they hadn't fully planned things out ahead of time. Also, most people asked very similar questions which was fine but given that all interviewees were from different aspects of the business, I anticipated more variety.

Software Engineer Interview

Smooth process throghouut with good communication from recruiter. Phone interview was not clear (voice) but the person was patient. Technical round and another round with analytical type questions. Overall positive. Could have been a faster process..

Management Interview

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at REI Systems.

A complete interrogation, never experienced anything like it in my career. No attempt to sell you on the benefits of working at the company - it was all about them finding out if you were good enough to work there. What a joke.

Interview Questions
    • It was not the questions so much as the interrogation method   Answer Question
    Since they really wanted me, the negotiation was typical. The interview process should have been my first tip off of what it would be like to work there - not good.

Junior Java Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at REI Systems.

Internal recruiter was very involved and helpful in setting up interviews. Met with a team of Java developers who asked technical questions and had some sample problems on a worksheet. Problems included Java code and database queries. Technical portion was followed by meeting with the manager who discussed the company, benefits, etc.

Salesforce Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Herndon, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at REI Systems.

Had 3 rounds of interview. First interview was with a senior developer who asked everything about programming and database questions followed by some puzzles. The second interview was with an architect who asked general puzzle based questions. The final was with a resource manager who asked if I had to start a restaurant, what are the factors that i would take into consideration.

No negotiation

Software Engineer Interview

First you will have to attend a telephonic interview. You will be asked technical questions which are fundamental C#.net questions. Then you will be asked to solve 2 puzzles. After technical round, you will be having an inperson interview.

Interview Questions
    • There is a puzzle related to switches and bulbs. We need to identify which bulb corresponds to which switch.   Answer Question

Worked for REI Systems? Contribute to the Community!