REI Systems

Average Difficulty
12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at REI Systems

Interview Details – Smooth process throghouut with good communication from recruiter. Phone interview was not clear (voice) but the person was patient. Technical round and another round with analytical type questions. Overall positive. Could have been a faster process..

Interview Question – Questions 2 levels higher than my current experience?   Answer Question

Interviewed at REI Systems

Interview Details – First you will have to attend a telephonic interview. You will be asked technical questions which are fundamental C#.net questions. Then you will be asked to solve 2 puzzles. After technical round, you will be having an inperson interview.

Interview Question – There is a puzzle related to switches and bulbs. We need to identify which bulb corresponds to which switch.   Answer Question

Herndon, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at REI Systems in September 2010.

Interview Details – Really this site helped me a lot. I was just preparing ASP.Net. After seeing this site , I prepared some Analytical questions too. Yeah we can answer Analytical questions. But we need to have a look before interview. It helped me a lot. It has Technical, Analytical and personality too.

Interview Question – Analytical Questions. Algorithms. 10x 10x10 cube... Then Algorithms   Answer Question

Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at REI Systems in May 2010.

Interview Details – Had a phone interview initially and another phone interview testing my analytical skills in order to bring me for an onsite round. There were three rounds again at the onsite testing technical, analytical and a HR round

Interview Question – questions like asp.net page life cycle, and other basic .net questions.   Answer Question

Herndon, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at REI Systems in July 2010.

Interview Details – Easy Phone Interview

Interview Question – Why you want to join as Software Engineer?   Answer Question

Herndon, VA

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at REI Systems in April 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview took about 1/2 hour and was mostly technical questions. I felt that I was well prepared for this so I was able to answer these. When not, interviewer moved along and did not penalize me for this. In person interview was more for personality and behavior. Also this had a technical side. Nothing too unusual.

Interview Question – For a 10x10x10 cube, 1000 cubes total (10^3), and 8^3 don't have paint on them.
And what fraction of the cubes would have a painted side upward?
  View Answer

Reason for Declining – Other offer closer to home.

Herndon, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at REI Systems in March 2010.

Interview Details – The career services at my school set up the initial interview overnight (I was told the day before the interview). The interview was a three step process. First: I spoke with with a senior software engineer at the company on the phone, Second: I spoke with an HR representative about my personality, and Last: I spoke with the person who would be my boss for his own knowledge of what kind of person I was.

Interview Question – Given the dimentions of a rubics cube (3x3, 4x4), what is the formula for figuring out the number of cubes that can not be seen on the surface. (If it did have cubes on the inside)   View Answer

Herndon, VA

The process took a day - interviewed at REI Systems in March 2010.

Interview Details – With over 15 years of experience building web applications, I was interviewed by a developer just out of college who was barely able to speak English. Further, he was unable to recognize a correct answer to a question about SQL (which I later confirmed to be correct).

Interview Question – The interviewer asked me to craft a SQL statement that would return a specific result set. I had to ask him to repeat himself a number of times because of his inability to properly speak English.   View Answer

Herndon, VA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at REI Systems in May 2010.

Interview Details – The company did a presentation at my school. I interviewed with them that afternoon. I had a technical interview first. Then I had a problem solving interview where we discussed both my project experience and some critical thinking problems. They were very friendly and very easy to talk with. When I got stuck with some of the problem solving questions the interviewer gave me some hints to help me discover a better answer.

Interview Question – Explain the ASP.Net Page Life Cycle.   View Answer

Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at REI Systems in February 2010.

Interview Details – The initial phone screening was a phone interview. I got their phone call after 5 hours of the scheduled time and no apology from the interviewer. After a week, they called me for face to face interview. It was supposed to be 2 hours, but they made it 3 hours. They kept me waiting in the lobby for 30 minutes. Three people interviewed one after another. There were lot of analytical questions like number guessing, pan balance questions and logical puzzles. The HR person did not get back and let me know the interview results. They pay less and expect more work from their employees. Most of the employees work till late nights and also in weekends.

Interview Question – I have 9 coins, out of which 8 coins are identical in weight and one is lighter in weight. Is it possible to find the light weight coin with only two weighings, using pan balance?   View Answers (2)

Worked for REI Systems? Contribute to the Community!