REI Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.1

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Software Engineer Interview

Smooth process throghouut with good communication from recruiter. Phone interview was not clear (voice) but the person was patient. Technical round and another round with analytical type questions. Overall positive. Could have been a faster process..

Other Interview Reviews for REI Systems

Software Engineer Interview

First you will have to attend a telephonic interview. You will be asked technical questions which are fundamental C#.net questions. Then you will be asked to solve 2 puzzles. After technical round, you will be having an inperson interview.

Interview Questions
    • There is a puzzle related to switches and bulbs. We need to identify which bulb corresponds to which switch.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at REI Systems in September 2010.

Really this site helped me a lot. I was just preparing ASP.Net. After seeing this site , I prepared some Analytical questions too. Yeah we can answer Analytical questions. But we need to have a look before interview. It helped me a lot. It has Technical, Analytical and personality too.

Interview Questions
    • Analytical Questions. Algorithms. 10x 10x10 cube... Then Algorithms   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at REI Systems in July 2010.

Easy Phone Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at REI Systems in May 2010.

Had a phone interview initially and another phone interview testing my analytical skills in order to bring me for an onsite round. There were three rounds again at the onsite testing technical, analytical and a HR round

Interview Questions
    • questions like asp.net page life cycle, and other basic .net questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at REI Systems in May 2010.

The company did a presentation at my school. I interviewed with them that afternoon. I had a technical interview first. Then I had a problem solving interview where we discussed both my project experience and some critical thinking problems. They were very friendly and very easy to talk with. When I got stuck with some of the problem solving questions the interviewer gave me some hints to help me discover a better answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

The process took a dayinterviewed at REI Systems in March 2010.

With over 15 years of experience building web applications, I was interviewed by a developer just out of college who was barely able to speak English. Further, he was unable to recognize a correct answer to a question about SQL (which I later confirmed to be correct).

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me to craft a SQL statement that would return a specific result set. I had to ask him to repeat himself a number of times because of his inability to properly speak English.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at REI Systems in March 2010.

The career services at my school set up the initial interview overnight (I was told the day before the interview). The interview was a three step process. First: I spoke with with a senior software engineer at the company on the phone, Second: I spoke with an HR representative about my personality, and Last: I spoke with the person who would be my boss for his own knowledge of what kind of person I was.

Interview Questions
    • Given the dimentions of a rubics cube (3x3, 4x4), what is the formula for figuring out the number of cubes that can not be seen on the surface. (If it did have cubes on the inside)   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at REI Systems in March 2010.

The recruiter was very unprofessional in handling the interview process.....advised me of how to carry, present and prepare myself which I felt is not her business and she did not get back and let me know the interview results.

They made me wait in the lobby for quite some time and no apology. The person who interviewed me did not seem to be interested in finding out how I would contribute to their team or organization. Just asked me a bunch of questions most of which were irrelevant to the position I was interviewing. The interview also ended very abruptly, the second person who was supposed to interview me had already left. What a weird experience....Certainly would not want to work with such people.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question - Guess the number I am thinking of which is between 1 and 100 by asking minimal Yes or No questions.   View Answers (2)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at REI Systems in February 2010.

The initial phone screening was a phone interview. I got their phone call after 5 hours of the scheduled time and no apology from the interviewer. After a week, they called me for face to face interview. It was supposed to be 2 hours, but they made it 3 hours. They kept me waiting in the lobby for 30 minutes. Three people interviewed one after another. There were lot of analytical questions like number guessing, pan balance questions and logical puzzles. The HR person did not get back and let me know the interview results. They pay less and expect more work from their employees. Most of the employees work till late nights and also in weekends.

Interview Questions
    • I have 9 coins, out of which 8 coins are identical in weight and one is lighter in weight. Is it possible to find the light weight coin with only two weighings, using pan balance?   View Answers (2)