REI Systems Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 9, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Sterling, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at REI Systems (Sterling, VA).

Interview

Pretty Straightforward. Applied through a job listing site. Recruiter contacted me and set up the initial phone screen. Phone screen was completely technical and was 1 hour long. The in-person interview was conducted by software engineers and lasted for 2 hours. The interview involved answering technical questions, writing code and answering a couple of puzzles. All interviewees were very courteous and knowledgeable except the manager who was a little full of himself.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for REI Systems

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Smooth process throghouut with good communication from recruiter. Phone interview was not clear (voice) but the person was patient. Technical round and another round with analytical type questions. Overall positive. Could have been a faster process..

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

First you will have to attend a telephonic interview. You will be asked technical questions which are fundamental C#.net questions. Then you will be asked to solve 2 puzzles. After technical round, you will be having an inperson interview.

Interview Questions

• There is a puzzle related to switches and bulbs. We need to identify which bulb corresponds to which switch.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in September 2010.

Interview

Really this site helped me a lot. I was just preparing ASP.Net. After seeing this site , I prepared some Analytical questions too. Yeah we can answer Analytical questions. But we need to have a look before interview. It helped me a lot. It has Technical, Analytical and personality too.

Interview Questions

• Analytical Questions. Algorithms. 10x 10x10 cube... Then Algorithms   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in July 2010.

Interview

Easy Phone Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview initially and another phone interview testing my analytical skills in order to bring me for an onsite round. There were three rounds again at the onsite testing technical, analytical and a HR round

Interview Questions

• questions like asp.net page life cycle, and other basic .net questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in May 2010.

Interview

The company did a presentation at my school. I interviewed with them that afternoon. I had a technical interview first. Then I had a problem solving interview where we discussed both my project experience and some critical thinking problems. They were very friendly and very easy to talk with. When I got stuck with some of the problem solving questions the interviewer gave me some hints to help me discover a better answer.

Interview Questions

• Explain the ASP.Net Page Life Cycle.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

With over 15 years of experience building web applications, I was interviewed by a developer just out of college who was barely able to speak English. Further, he was unable to recognize a correct answer to a question about SQL (which I later confirmed to be correct).

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me to craft a SQL statement that would return a specific result set. I had to ask him to repeat himself a number of times because of his inability to properly speak English.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

The career services at my school set up the initial interview overnight (I was told the day before the interview). The interview was a three step process. First: I spoke with with a senior software engineer at the company on the phone, Second: I spoke with an HR representative about my personality, and Last: I spoke with the person who would be my boss for his own knowledge of what kind of person I was.

Interview Questions

• Given the dimentions of a rubics cube (3x3, 4x4), what is the formula for figuring out the number of cubes that can not be seen on the surface. (If it did have cubes on the inside)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at REI Systems (Herndon, VA) in March 2010.

Interview

The recruiter was very unprofessional in handling the interview process.....advised me of how to carry, present and prepare myself which I felt is not her business and she did not get back and let me know the interview results.

They made me wait in the lobby for quite some time and no apology. The person who interviewed me did not seem to be interested in finding out how I would contribute to their team or organization. Just asked me a bunch of questions most of which were irrelevant to the position I was interviewing. The interview also ended very abruptly, the second person who was supposed to interview me had already left. What a weird experience....Certainly would not want to work with such people.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question - Guess the number I am thinking of which is between 1 and 100 by asking minimal Yes or No questions.   2 Answers