REI Systems

Profile Unclaimed

REI Systems Interview Questions in Sterling, VA

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at REI Systems in March 2013.

Sent resume through friend and current employee who shared it with HR and hiring managers.

REI recruiter contacted me quickly, conducted a phone screen, and scheduled a phone interview with a senior leader.

HR recruiter contacted me immediately after the phone interview and scheduled several meetings with executive leaders in the firm. More than one business unit needed senior-level program managers.

My first round of interviews last approximately 4 hours, but it was well worth the invested time. I met with executive leaders of several business units, and their some members of their senior management.

HR contacted me and said that the people who interviewed me liked me and my experience, and were considering where I would be the best fit. They brought me back to explore this with me, and have me interview with corporate executives.

During both rounds of interviews, the questions were open-ended and exploratory -- to determine what kind of leader I would be, my philosophy about staff development and client engagement, and so on. Questions were also specific and targeted -- to examine my knowledge and experience of management practices, budgets, proposals, and so on. I was also given plenty of time to ask questions.

HR contacted me after the second round of interviews, and asked me to come back to have lunch with one business unit leader. If this meeting went well, it would result in an offer. We had lunch, talked more in depth about a role the executive envisioned for me, and I agreed to accept the offer.

HR followed up quickly with a written letter, and package of benefits materials.

The process took about three weeks from first interviews to offer.

Interview Questions
    • Our program managers focus on three areas: project delivery, staff development, and business development. Which of these are you the most passionate about?   Answer Question
    Up front, easy. I was offered precisely the salary I wanted.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at REI Systems in January 2013.

6-8 ROUNDS OF INTERVIEW WITH ALL LEVELS OF PEOPLE AFTER HR SCHEDULED IT. They are very fond of calling candidates after 8:00 pm because they seem to be very busy during the day. Do not have ample time to speak to a prospective candidate. They are also very fond of checking their emails during interviews and responding to phone calls.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sterling, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at REI Systems in May 2011.

Hiring process is very scattershot. If you've got reasonable communications skills and have used PHP in the last 5 years, you probably have a shot.

Interview Questions
    • Having me code a Fibonacci sequence in the interview   View Answer
    They gave me basically everything I asked for.