REM Minnesota Direct Support Professional Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at REM Minnesota

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at REM Minnesota (Saint Paul, MN) in April 2012.

Interview

I received a call several weeks after my application was received. The HR coordinator I was in contact with was professional, enthusiastic, and made me feel at ease. The office where my interview was held seemed relatively organized, although a few of the employees I witnessed seemed frantic and disorganized. The room was cold and the lighting was harsh, which made me feel like I was under interrogation. I was contacted several days after my initial interview for a second interview for the home I would be working at.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with [urine, feces, drool, blood, etc.] and being in close contact with communicable disease?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating pay; they pay direct service professionals a base rate. They also fail to mention that they do not give raises for performance - the only way to increase pay rate is to advance to another position.