REM Minnesota Interview Questions

Candidate Interview Review

Direct Support Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Saint Paul, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at REM Minnesota in April 2012.

I received a call several weeks after my application was received. The HR coordinator I was in contact with was professional, enthusiastic, and made me feel at ease. The office where my interview was held seemed relatively organized, although a few of the employees I witnessed seemed frantic and disorganized. The room was cold and the lighting was harsh, which made me feel like I was under interrogation. I was contacted several days after my initial interview for a second interview for the home I would be working at.

Interview Questions
    • Are you okay with [urine, feces, drool, blood, etc.] and being in close contact with communicable disease?   View Answer
    There is no negotiating pay; they pay direct service professionals a base rate. They also fail to mention that they do not give raises for performance - the only way to increase pay rate is to advance to another position.

Worked for REM Minnesota? Contribute to the Community!