RES Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

Solutions Architect Interview

Solutions Architect
Plymouth Meeting, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at RES Software in March 2013.

Interview Details – Hiring process began as a phone interview with first line manager, second interview was with VP. In the third interview I had to perform a demo and presentation of a technology I was familiar with and a Q and A session with first line manager and product management. Final negotiation phase was over lunch with the VP and CEO. All levels of the process were amazing, all staff and management were extremely cordial and inviting. The fact the senior management and the CEO made themselves available during the process speaks volumes.

Interview Question – Product management through a few trick questions my way, that did not have a real answer in an effort to get me to lie, or embellish the truth. While it was a bit confusing at the time, we later discussed it and the rationale was to ensure RES maintained their core values especially in sales by not hiring dishonest people.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – negotiation was possible but was an honest an open conversation on both ends. Expect a fair and reasonable offer.

Director Interview

Director
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at RES Software in May 2013.

Interview Details – The RES recruiting team is a pleasure to work with, and the executives I interviewed with went out of their way to make sure they knew me and my background extremely well and that I had open access to understand the company, products, strategy and market position in great detail to make an informed decision.

Interview Question – RES Software needs people who can contribute quickly. Be prepared with knowledge of the company, products and market.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – RES wants to hire great people - and makes sure those they hire are excited by both their compensation plan and their opportunity for career growth.

Marketing Interview

Marketing

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at RES Software.

Interview Details – The interview process was tough but it gave me a clear understanding of the company's expectations of me as well as the type of day to day to work I would be doing.

I completed an email questionnaire, a writing sample test, and an online personality/drive assessment. I had phone interviews with the recruiter, hiring manager and Chief Marketing Officer. I also had in person meetings with the hiring manager, VP of Marketing and CEO. Additionally they checked references.

Interview Question – If you started tomorrow, how would you spend your first 90 days.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The company was very open to negotiations and providing a fair offer to fit my needs.

Director Channels America's Interview

Director Channels America's
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at RES Software in January 2013.

Interview Details – Very streamlined process. Initial phone interview with HR, followed by phone interview with reporting manager. Upon successful completion, I met with the executive team at RES HQ in Philadelphia, and spent the day with them discussing the vision of the position and goals for execution. Received an online personality/drive assessment, provided references, and had final phone interview with reporting manager.

Negotiation Details – Very generous offer, and negotiation was flexible. RES was very aggressive with extending me an offer, and little negotiation was necessary. Extremely happy to be apart of such an incredible company.

Solution Architect Interview

Solution Architect
Philadelphia, PA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at RES Software in August 2011.

Interview Details – 5 stage interview process:
---------------------------------------------
1. Interview with Solution Architect manager
2. Interview with Account manager
3. Technical screening
4. Executive meeting/ Interview
5. Whiteboard/PowerPoint demo to team to explain technology, demonstrate room skills.

My process took about 45 days due to some trade shows and end of quarter items i had to deal with. It was a pleasant experience. a bit drawn out, but all in all a good method to interview.

Interview Question – How many ping pong balls would fill this room if there was no furniture in it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation is allowed and recieved fairly. They are out to get the best talent they can, and pay accordingly.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for RES Software? Contribute to the Community!

RES Software Videos

RES Software – Why Work for Us?

Since being founded in 1999, RES Software has become the leader in making IT organizations 10x more productive at delivering IT services and managing user workspaces. Our company develops technology aimed at… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RES Software interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by RES Software employees and interview candidates.