RFMD

18 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

IT Support Interview

IT Support

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RFMD.

Interview Details – Phone screen & Interview followed by an in-person interview.

Interview Question – None. Questions were what I was expecting.   Answer Question

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at RFMD in January 2010.

Interview Details – Plan for a full day for the process

Interview Question – concept of Amplifiers operation- RF test equipemt operation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much wiggle room

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RFMD in October 2012.

Interview Details – Communication started through emails then I had multiple phone conversations with different people. After confirmation that my experience matched their needs I was requested to have an interview at the company.
It was a full day interview: I had first a group meeting where I was requested to give a general presentation; then I had individual conversation with at least 7 different people.
I have got an offer after 2 or 3 days.

Interview Question – No difficult question was asked, it has been a good conversation   Answer Question

RF Applications Engineer Interview

RF Applications Engineer
Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RFMD in October 2010.

Interview Details – Day full of interviews with several peers and managers. Some technical questions on the Smith chart for matching RF circuits.

Interview Question – Match a PA back to a 50 ohm load on the Smith Chart using lumped elements.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation with the offer as I had no competing offer.

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RFMD in May 2012.

Interview Details – pretty laid back, long tiring process

Interview Question – transistor level questions   Answer Question

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Senior Design Engineer

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RFMD.

Interview Details – I had 2 short phone interviews. Questions were mostly on PA biasing, matching and comparing different classes of PAs. The onsite interview was about 3.5 hours with 6 people. The first interview was with the hiring design manager and it lasted a little over an hour and was almost all technical. There more questions about PA's and a few on the smith chart. The other 5 were not very technical and were mostly generic HR type questions such as describe your strengths/weakness, why are looking for a job, etc.

Interview Question – The questions were all fairly straight forward. They didn't ask anything to trick me. Of the companies I have interviewed with this was the easiest one.   Answer Question

RF Test Engineer Interview

RF Test Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RFMD.

Interview Details – HR- call
onsite interview with 6 members
Some basic questions on Rf smith chart,Interview is very friendly

Interview Question – rf basic questions   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Greensboro, NC

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at RFMD in February 2011.

Interview Details – Thorough and job oriented. Friendly but professioanl.

Interview Question – Expected Salary:   View Answer

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Broomfield, CO

I applied online - interviewed at RFMD in April 2011.

Interview Details – Was told that bonus was near guaranteed. Have not received one yet. Interview process was ok.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it. Salary was less than my previous job and company would not match it.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at RFMD in September 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted with two individuals on a speaker phone. The manager started off by providing a company overview which was very beneficial. There were plenty of questions asked. There are two product segments dealing with Wireless.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a product that did not meet functional specification?   Answer Question

Worked for RFMD? Contribute to the Community!