RFMD

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Engineer Interview

Associate Engineer
Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at RFMD in January 2010.

Interview Details – Plan for a full day for the process

Interview Question – concept of Amplifiers operation- RF test equipemt operation   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much wiggle room

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RFMD in October 2012.

Interview Details – Communication started through emails then I had multiple phone conversations with different people. After confirmation that my experience matched their needs I was requested to have an interview at the company.
It was a full day interview: I had first a group meeting where I was requested to give a general presentation; then I had individual conversation with at least 7 different people.
I have got an offer after 2 or 3 days.

Interview Question – No difficult question was asked, it has been a good conversation   Answer Question

RF Applications Engineer Interview

RF Applications Engineer
Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RFMD in October 2010.

Interview Details – Day full of interviews with several peers and managers. Some technical questions on the Smith chart for matching RF circuits.

Interview Question – Match a PA back to a 50 ohm load on the Smith Chart using lumped elements.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation with the offer as I had no competing offer.

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer
Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at RFMD in May 2012.

Interview Details – pretty laid back, long tiring process

Interview Question – transistor level questions   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Greensboro, NC

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at RFMD in February 2011.

Interview Details – Thorough and job oriented. Friendly but professioanl.

Interview Question – Expected Salary:   View Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Senior Project Manager
Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at RFMD in September 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted with two individuals on a speaker phone. The manager started off by providing a company overview which was very beneficial. There were plenty of questions asked. There are two product segments dealing with Wireless.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a product that did not meet functional specification?   Answer Question

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Senior Test Engineer
Greensboro, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at RFMD in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a call from the hiring manager. He described position and asked if I was interested in an on site interview. Set up on site interview a couple of days later. Interview was all day meeting with 6 engineers and managers. Interview consisted mainly of software, RF, and description of previous work. The entire interview was pretty relaxed.
I was offered the position within a hour of leaving the interview and I accepted the next day.

Interview Question – Describe a problem that you had a creative solution to.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated with HR for 1 month signing bonus.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Greensboro, NC

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at RFMD in May 2009.

Interview Details – First phone interview, if you pass that then they sahll call you for a ionterview on site. A series of panel and 1:1 interviews with the higher level managers. If you pass that then background check and drug test.

Interview Question – Why are you looking at RFMD and where do you see RFMD's weaknesses?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Company did not negotiate at all, saying that what they were offering was fair. Economy was bad so they had the upper hand

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Greensboro, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at RFMD in June 2007.

Interview Details – One hour long group phone interview followed by a full day of 1:1 interviews with a combination of 8 managers and directors. Some questions "situation based", i.e. describe an occasion when you failed?, others were: What was your GPA? (I graduated 15 years ago, hardly relevant at this point in my career). What skills do you use to monitor project progress? How do you manage a team? The lunch was purely a personality compatibility test.

Interview Question – What was your engineering GPA?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, take it or leave it.

Worked for RFMD? Contribute to the Community!