RFMD Interview Questions in North Carolina

Updated Apr 30, 2015

2.7

Characterization Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RFMD (Greensboro, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

Met with manager of characterization at a career fair and was invited to come see the company's campus and interview with them. It was a full day interview starting with HR and then being sent to the characterization/testing building to interview with a number of their engineers and technicians. First interview with an engineer was very technical, discussed filter designs and digital circuitry. Second interview was about software experience and a quick run through of the specifics of the job. Rest of the interviews were a mix of technical and personality questions as I was briefed on the day to day expectations and what not.

Interview Questions

• Analog filter design, digital circuit design, software algorithms, database experiences, etc.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RFMD (Greensboro, NC) in October 2012.

Interview

Communication started through emails then I had multiple phone conversations with different people. After confirmation that my experience matched their needs I was requested to have an interview at the company. It was a full day interview: I had first a group meeting where I was requested to give a general presentation; then I had individual conversation with at least 7 different people. I have got an offer after 2 or 3 days.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question was asked, it has been a good conversation   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RFMD (Greensboro, NC) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview was conducted with two individuals on a speaker phone. The manager started off by providing a company overview which was very beneficial. There were plenty of questions asked. There are two product segments dealing with Wireless.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a product that did not meet functional specification?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at RFMD (Greensboro, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

pretty laid back, long tiring process

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RFMD (Greensboro, NC) in February 2011.

Interview

Thorough and job oriented. Friendly but professioanl.

RF Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at RFMD (Greensboro, NC) in October 2010.

Interview

Day full of interviews with several peers and managers. Some technical questions on the Smith chart for matching RF circuits.

Interview Questions

• Match a PA back to a 50 ohm load on the Smith Chart using lumped elements.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation with the offer as I had no competing offer.

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RFMD (Greensboro, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

Applied online and received a call from the hiring manager. He described position and asked if I was interested in an on site interview. Set up on site interview a couple of days later. Interview was all day meeting with 6 engineers and managers. Interview consisted mainly of software, RF, and description of previous work. The entire interview was pretty relaxed. I was offered the position within a hour of leaving the interview and I accepted the next day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a problem that you had a creative solution to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated with HR for 1 month signing bonus.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RFMD (Greensboro, NC) in January 2010.

Interview

Plan for a full day for the process

Interview Questions

• concept of Amplifiers operation- RF test equipemt operation   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much wiggle room

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RFMD (Greensboro, NC) in May 2009.

Interview

First phone interview, if you pass that then they sahll call you for a ionterview on site. A series of panel and 1:1 interviews with the higher level managers. If you pass that then background check and drug test.

Interview Questions

• Why are you looking at RFMD and where do you see RFMD's weaknesses?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Company did not negotiate at all, saying that what they were offering was fair. Economy was bad so they had the upper hand

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at RFMD (Greensboro, NC) in June 2007.

Interview

One hour long group phone interview followed by a full day of 1:1 interviews with a combination of 8 managers and directors. Some questions "situation based", i.e. describe an occasion when you failed?, others were: What was your GPA? (I graduated 15 years ago, hardly relevant at this point in my career). What skills do you use to monitor project progress? How do you manage a team? The lunch was purely a personality compatibility test.

Interview Questions

• What was your engineering GPA?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiations, take it or leave it.