RFMD Interview Questions in North Carolina

2.7

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RFMD in October 2012.

Communication started through emails then I had multiple phone conversations with different people. After confirmation that my experience matched their needs I was requested to have an interview at the company.
    It was a full day interview: I had first a group meeting where I was requested to give a general presentation; then I had individual conversation with at least 7 different people.
    I have got an offer after 2 or 3 days.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question was asked, it has been a good conversation   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at RFMD in September 2012.

The interview was conducted with two individuals on a speaker phone. The manager started off by providing a company overview which was very beneficial. There were plenty of questions asked. There are two product segments dealing with Wireless.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a product that did not meet functional specification?   Answer Question

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RFMD in May 2012.

pretty laid back, long tiring process

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at RFMD in February 2011.

Thorough and job oriented. Friendly but professioanl.

RF Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RFMD in October 2010.

Day full of interviews with several peers and managers. Some technical questions on the Smith chart for matching RF circuits.

Interview Questions
    • Match a PA back to a 50 ohm load on the Smith Chart using lumped elements.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation with the offer as I had no competing offer.

Senior Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at RFMD in June 2010.

Applied online and received a call from the hiring manager. He described position and asked if I was interested in an on site interview. Set up on site interview a couple of days later. Interview was all day meeting with 6 engineers and managers. Interview consisted mainly of software, RF, and description of previous work. The entire interview was pretty relaxed.
    I was offered the position within a hour of leaving the interview and I accepted the next day.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a problem that you had a creative solution to.   Answer Question
    Negotiated with HR for 1 month signing bonus.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RFMD in January 2010.

Plan for a full day for the process

Interview Questions
    • concept of Amplifiers operation- RF test equipemt operation   Answer Question
    Not much wiggle room

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at RFMD in May 2009.

First phone interview, if you pass that then they sahll call you for a ionterview on site. A series of panel and 1:1 interviews with the higher level managers. If you pass that then background check and drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Why are you looking at RFMD and where do you see RFMD's weaknesses?   View Answer
    Company did not negotiate at all, saying that what they were offering was fair. Economy was bad so they had the upper hand

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at RFMD in June 2007.

One hour long group phone interview followed by a full day of 1:1 interviews with a combination of 8 managers and directors. Some questions "situation based", i.e. describe an occasion when you failed?, others were: What was your GPA? (I graduated 15 years ago, hardly relevant at this point in my career). What skills do you use to monitor project progress? How do you manage a team? The lunch was purely a personality compatibility test.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, take it or leave it.