RFMD Operations Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at RFMD in December 2009.

Posted for the job electronically through the RFMD website and received a request for a phone interview within a few days. The phone interview was very basic and straight forward. No difficult questions. The hiring manager was simply trying to understand my background and how I might approach the job. No big surprises. This was followed with a one hour lunch interview which was fairly similar to the phone interview - just a chance for both us to learn more about the other. A positive experience with no stress questions. Shortly there after Human Resources call and requested me to come in for a full day of interviewing with many people. I was interviewed by one individual at a time with the exception of lunch where I was with several people who I would work with. Overall, it was a pleasant experience. Everyone's goal seemed to be one of just getting to know you and your experiences. RFMD has a very informal culture. Attire is very relaxed. Lots of people in jeans. There are not many people, if any, in suits. Business attire is extremely casual. However, I interviewed in a very conservative suit and would do so again.
Though I was not offered the position, I still feel very positive about the entire experience. The hiring manager was definitely interested in me, but had several good candidates. It was narrowed down to three and he was open and shared this with me. Ultimately, the job was offered to someone else. Again, he openly shared this with me telling me. Overall, a good experience and I would definitely interview there again if an opportunity arises.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do to improve the process?   View Answer

Worked for RFMD? Contribute to the Community!