RGB Networks Interview Questions

2.6

Senior Software Engineer/Java Swing Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at RGB Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Hiring Manager from RGB Networks called me on telephone for initial screen.
    He looked at whether I am comfortable with the skill set for the requirement. Then he called me for 1:1 interview with his team .
    Mostly his team asked me questions on my recent project , architecture, skill set used in the project.
    One guy asked me to write the code for string reverse and other than that everything is form your resume.
    But hiring manager asked me mostly on embedded, SNMP, networking and unix basics.

Interview Questions

• How do you write a Java Program to get the remote linux machine / utility box processes running ?   Answer Question

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

Application

interviewed at RGB Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Normal hiring process - phone screen, then one day on-site with 5-6 people.

Senior HW Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at RGB Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

Schedules 4 -5 people for interview the candiditate. Most of the people are pleasent to interview and it seemed like they did not have the interest to the interview, just to check the box. That is because the hiring manager is most dominant and abrasive person ho has the final say so.

Interview Questions

• The hiring manager decided to give a test a difficult puzzle and expected an answer in five minutes. My reaserch for an answer to the question showed it required considerable amount of thinking and 2-3 three page answer to solve the problem. I refused to take the test and the interview was over after that. It did not matter what I knew or what kind of experience I had. I would not to work for such a person anyway.   Answer Question

Staff QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at RGB Networks (Austin, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Initial interview was that of a mid-level QA contractor, met with the QA team and the VP of Engineering. After 3 mos I was laid off with the rest of the contract staff, due to poor sales. 1 year later I was re-hired as permanent staff, with the title "Senior SQA Engineer". 1 month later my job title was changed to "Stadd QA Engineer".

Negotiation

Fo the permanent offer, I was offered 90k and I accepted it . No negotiation.

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at RGB Networks (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2009.

Interview

phone interview followed by on site. phone interview is easy and just ask interests. onsite is one to one and there are standard questions. Founders are friendly.