RGIS

Relevance Date Difficulty

Administrative Assistant Part-Time Interview

Administrative Assistant Part-Time
Mesquite, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at RGIS in December 2013.

Interview Details – Highly unprofessional interviewer. I arrived and the interviewer was laying on a couch texting. She was completely unprepared, she didn't even have my application information. She didn't ask a lot of questions because she was unprepared, and seemed more interested in her phone than actually conducting an interview. I've heard bad things about this company after I applied mostly from low level employees, apparently this extends to their district offices, too. Luckily I didn't waste too much gas in driving to this poor excuse for a company. It possibly one of the worst job interview I've ever had.

Part-time Inventory Taker Interview

Part-time Inventory Taker
Riverside, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at RGIS in January 2014.

Interview Details – Responded to internet job board posting. Was contacted next day for next day interview, was told to bring 2 forms of identification. I got there and there was a couple other candidates in a room at a table, where we eventually watched a DVD with the hiring person who paused it after each section about travel, safety, benefits and salary, duties, etc. It wasn't that bad of a job, and I learned that it was basically all shifts which started at 9-10pm, or 5-6am, and you travel up to 50 miles from the location of the office without reimbursement. Ok, commercial shopping stores of different types and what not. He said several times how it is considered "part-time" because the hours fluctuate and the hours are "flexible" because your schedule changes on a bi-weekly basis. If the advertisement says flexible hours, realize that they expect you to be fully available for day and night shifts and not to have schedule conflicts. After the video there was a one-on-one interview- I was thinking I might not have availability for a couple shifts per week but that overall I had a lot of availability. I made the mistake of telling him this and he decided not to make me an offer. Just know if you go in there that you have to not have any scheduling problems and just say Yes I'm available and No I have no conflicts, otherwise they will not hire you.

Interview Question – What is your availability like? This is not an unexpected question, but I didn't expect it to make or break my receiving a job offer.   View Answers (2)

Easton, MD

I applied online - interviewed at RGIS in December 2013.

Interview Details – I took the preliminary tests online, as well as the normal application process. Then, I received an email asking for me to confirm an interview time, as well as an address to go to. I chose the earlier time, but the address seemed off; it was for the UNUMployment Office (their spelling) in a neighborhood that I knew had nothing of the sort around there.

But I went there, it being hard to find in an industrial area, and it turned out to be a private business. The secretary knew nothing about interviews happening for RGIS. So, on a hunch, I went to the Dept. of Social Services Office (different part of town) and they sent me across the street to the Employment Office, where I was told to wait in the conference room, which was empty and dark. After about five minutes, a woman comes in, talking on her cell phone to someone from the company (i didn't bring their #), saying the same thing to her that happened to me. She asked me to talk to her, as the company lady insisted on us going to the wrong address. She asked me for my cell # and talked to me directly, asking me the address of where we were. So I gave it. Another woman shows up after going through the same.

Finally, the District Manager shows up, offers no apologies, goes through a spiel, shows a video, asks if we have any questions, then offers us all jobs. We accept. More paperwork.
She was rude and surly.

I get sent an employee handbook, read it and send back email confirmation.

Then, I get a message from a RGIS man on my phone. I call back, and he tells me where & when the training starts. I agree. I show up, wait a half hour. Nobody. I call his #. He starts some stuff about how there has been a change of plans, but then starts contradicting himself, saying the training is in a city two hours away... I got frustrated and hung up. Made little or no sense. Did I mention it was early in the AM and I had driven 45 minutes already? And that this guy had no professionalism over the phone?

Bad experience!

Interview Question – The only questions asked were on the application. It really was more of a briefing.   Answer Question

Tallahassee, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at RGIS in December 2013.

Interview Details – not much of one, they need bodies. they ask your availability & show you a 20 minute video on how they scan inventory

Interview Question – can you work any time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – you can't negotiate the pay or any other terms. if you are desperate for a job, then take it, but keep looking for other work. you won't get but maybe 10 or 15 hours a week scheduled

Inventory Auditor

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RGIS in May 2013.

Interview Details – First took an online assessment test that tested basic math skills and workplace behavior. If you did well enough you got an email where they told you what days to come in for an interview. It was a group interview at first then the District Manager met with us one at a time. After the first interview, there was four days of training and practice.

Interview Question – From the assessment test, the types of answers are grouped into certain categories (eg. teamwork, accountability, etc.). The individual categories are put on a scale of green (what the company wants), yellow (middle ground), and red (not what the company wants). The District Manager asked why you thought you scored a red in a certain category and why you think you should still be hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RGIS in January 2014.

Interview Details – You do everything on the website then they email and call you to set up an appointment. I picked my time and went into the office. 3 other people were with me. We watched a video explaining the company, the AM told us how the pay works and then we practiced using the scanners in the office. We were then taken individually to speak with the AM and really he just confirmed I had retail experience and what my availability was.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult at all. I get the feeling that since it's busy season, pretty much everyone is hired if you pass the website test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Starting pay is 9.25 with raises dependent on your productivity.

Auditor Interview

Auditor
Auburn Hills, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at RGIS in February 2011.

Interview Details – Take online skill test and pass. Everyone is hired, No skills and work history. You are hired. You are warm body your hired

Negotiation Details – no

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RGIS.

Interview Details – Position advertised on Craigslist and Workforce 1. Will be notified. Must have a computer and pass a Taleo personality test. Will do a few hours of training in the office and then will go to a store and practice use of equipment in a faux inventory setting.

Interview Question – No difficult question. Must be on time for hiring process or won't be allowed in. Depending on need will be called again or they won't bother calling you back for interview. January is a very busy season for inventory companies so most likely will be hired. Like all employers they do a criminal background check. Some stores state that a background check must be done on auditors who work in their store. Won't schedule you for stores if don't sign off on this.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation over pay. Incentives depending on exceeding asset ranking and how the store does.

Auditor Interview

Auditor

Interviewed at RGIS

Interview Details – worked for RGIS for almost 3 months. My experience has been completely positive.

Interview Question – None, a simple math test   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at RGIS.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email within 24 hours. It gave me a few options for interview dates and times for the upcoming three days. For this location in Manhattan, I went to their office where there were two other people there. We watched a video about what the job entails and were later asked to meet with the manager one on one, which I thought would be more of an interview, but instead she simply asked for my availability and basically told me I was hired. Quick and painless process.

Interview Question – What is your availability?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation- the base pay is $9 and then its based on your performance