RGIS

Updated Mar 30, 2014

Getting the Interview

35 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Interviewed at RGIS

Interview Details – No real interview questions.Apply online. Hiring process was mostly a timed quiz that involved something like 20 pictures of 3D objects that you were required to count. Very simple. Then there were orientation videos and training with the units that are used to scan product. Non-discriminate. If you are hired for this company, you will work with all kinds of people.

Interview Question – The most difficult part of the interview/training process was a poster hung on a wall in which you were supposed to count each product of a different kind and write it down. Be careful to look for products behind others that do no match the product in front of them and add them to the correct total.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There were no negotiations. Based on which state you are hired in, the starting rate of pay is a set amount, usually over minimum wage. When I started in Missouri, minimum wage was 6.65/hr and RGIS started at 8.00/hr.

Inventory Auditor

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at RGIS.

Interview Details – just apply take the test get a call you in

Interview Question – nothing i thought was difficult   Answer Question

New Port Richey, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at RGIS in March 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was very simple. It was more an explanation of what the company does and how to your job, rather than an interrogation of your resume and character. not to say RGIS does not want qualified applicants, but it is a very simple job. Most people I met while working there were either uneducated or well over qualified. Only a few were rude or difficult to work with. I did make friends.

I mentioned it was simple. Yes, it is. But, you need to be detailed and patient to do this job. Scanning bar codes on retail items for 4-5 hours, with little or no break, can be very boring and mindless to some. I liked it because it gave me time to think about things. My interviewer mentioned this aspect of the job, so I had an idea of how to approach the first few shifts.

The recruiter does explain the odd hours you may work. Listen to this carefully! Sometimes you work 5am-11am, then later that day, 5pm-1am. Depending on your availability, this is a good way to get more hours. However, the two shifts may be an hour away from each, or from your home. There is an employee van for those longer trips (<30 miles from office), but most of the time you are responsible to get to and from the locations. Carpooling is essential, especially with gas prices these days.

Interview Question – I don't remember anything difficult or unexpected asked of me.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Their pay scale is based on performance. The more hours you work and the more items per hour you scan, the better your pay. I think I started at +/- $8.00 an hour, but some weeks made +-$10.00 after I worked consistently and at larger stores. (You can also lose your higher status and go back down in pay.)

Inventory Auditor

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at RGIS.

Interview Details – Interview is a group based process where you pretty much talk to your District Manager in a very informal way. Dress code for the interview was business casual and you pretty much only talk about the job, watch a video explaining the job and it's perks, sign your employment papers and release papers like for your background check. He told us when training was going to be and who our supervisors were. Very favorable interview if you ask me, definitely not intimidating and his reason for that was "Either you can do the job or you can't. So we'll see when you all get out there." That's the case with any job in my opinion!

Negotiation Details – Base pay is $8.00 here and the faster you count and more accurate you are your base pay goes up. Reviews are every 6 and 13 weeks. If your productivity starts to lack your base pay will go down so always try and do your best.

Auburn Hills, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at RGIS in July 2011.

Interview Details – Fairly easy, you sit and watch an introductory video.
You'll be asked to sign the contract right after that.

Interview Question – For how long do you plan on working for us?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Inventory Auditor Interview

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at RGIS in July 2012.

Interview Details – I found a friendly office. There was a video introducing the company and job, and quick interview. Peppy talk from interviewer. Spoke about hiring from within with opprotunity for advancement. Advised us of the salary and possible bonuses.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No comment

Inventory Auditor

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at RGIS.

Interview Details – Went in, watched a series of videos and was then given a packet to read through (how the job works). Immediately after, I was given the choice to take or decline the job. It wasn't really even an interview. I was a bit slighted that I dressed up for nothing.

Interview Question – None, basically an interview = a job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None.

Glen Burnie, MD

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RGIS in December 2011.

Interview Details – I have been interested in RGIS for years but finally found a local opening. I applied online and was sent an e-mail stating they were interested in me and wanted me to come for a presentation. I arrived one evening and about 5 other applicants were there. There was a video and lots of paperwork(basically anyone who attended was offered the job). From there, I met with an Area Manager for a couple minutes and he set up a time to start training. I was told I would be offered employment after training. I was never officially offered employment but I am a Part Time employee now.

Interview Question – How did you hear about us?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not any negotiation for this position. It starts at 9.00/hr (local pay could alter this) but there are 4 levels of payment based on speed. Evaluations are done every 7 weeks for potential advancement.

Chicago, IL

The process took a day - interviewed at RGIS in November 2011.

Interview Details – after submitting my resume online, I was immediately contacted to schedule a group interview at the local district office. At the interview there were two other individuals, who along with me watched several videos describing the actual position and what was involved. The interview was conducted by the Area Manager and once the videos were finished she literally just asked us one at a time if we wanted to try it. Training was a three hour session the following day and I began working a week or two later.

Interview Question – What do you think about stealing?   Answer Question

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at RGIS in December 2011.

Interview Details – They play a video of how Inventory works, rules and regulations of the company then a manager comes in and asks you if you would accept the job. you fill out some papers and the job is yours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Theirs no negotiating you either accept or don't.

Interviews for Top Jobs at RGIS

Worked for RGIS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RGIS Inventory Auditor interview questions and advice. All 35 interview reviews posted anonymously by RGIS employees and interview candidates.