RGIS

Getting the Interview

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Birmingham, AL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at RGIS in January 2014.

Interview Details – Everything was so rush, rush I failed to see the red flag.

Interview Question – Very few questions were even asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation but I was lies to about the distances I would have to drive.

Inventory Takerer Interview

Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at RGIS in March 2014.

Interview Details – Submitted application for position online - two days later I received an email asking me to select a time to come in for an interview.
The interview was really not an interview, you watched a video, were asked if you had any questions, and then you filled out a sheet where you wrote down your availability.
Did have a one on one meeting with the person (she was very nice) and she scheduled a training session for later in that week.

Interview Question – There weren't any questions as it wasn't truly an interview, they were more interested in your availability to work.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations at all. Starting pay is $9.00 and hour, however if you build up your speed it appears that you can VERY quickly be at $12.00 an hour.

Memphis, TN

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RGIS in February 2014.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and took a demo counting test, Was contacted for an interview within three days; interview was scheduled online at your leisure. The interview consisted of a group, four at most, watching a video going over the basics of how everything works. The interviewer was very kind and further explained anything you had questions on.
After the video you were called one by one into an office and went over your availability and history and was hired on the spot. Went home and checked my email and filled out the last of the paperwork.

Interview Question – There was none. All questions were common.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You agree or you don't get the position. Pay is set and seems to be easy to move up with dedication.

Indianapolis, IN

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at RGIS in December 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was pleasant and friendly. They seem to hire everyone who applies. Anyone who is physically capable of climbing a ladder and counting to ten would be hired. The training took about twenty minutes. After being hired, managers were patient and tried to help me to get acquainted with the system.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation phase. The start pay is standard.

Easton, MD

I applied online - interviewed at RGIS in December 2013.

Interview Details – I took the preliminary tests online, as well as the normal application process. Then, I received an email asking for me to confirm an interview time, as well as an address to go to. I chose the earlier time, but the address seemed off; it was for the UNUMployment Office (their spelling) in a neighborhood that I knew had nothing of the sort around there.

But I went there, it being hard to find in an industrial area, and it turned out to be a private business. The secretary knew nothing about interviews happening for RGIS. So, on a hunch, I went to the Dept. of Social Services Office (different part of town) and they sent me across the street to the Employment Office, where I was told to wait in the conference room, which was empty and dark. After about five minutes, a woman comes in, talking on her cell phone to someone from the company (i didn't bring their #), saying the same thing to her that happened to me. She asked me to talk to her, as the company lady insisted on us going to the wrong address. She asked me for my cell # and talked to me directly, asking me the address of where we were. So I gave it. Another woman shows up after going through the same.

Finally, the District Manager shows up, offers no apologies, goes through a spiel, shows a video, asks if we have any questions, then offers us all jobs. We accept. More paperwork.
She was rude and surly.

I get sent an employee handbook, read it and send back email confirmation.

Then, I get a message from a RGIS man on my phone. I call back, and he tells me where & when the training starts. I agree. I show up, wait a half hour. Nobody. I call his #. He starts some stuff about how there has been a change of plans, but then starts contradicting himself, saying the training is in a city two hours away... I got frustrated and hung up. Made little or no sense. Did I mention it was early in the AM and I had driven 45 minutes already? And that this guy had no professionalism over the phone?

Bad experience!

Interview Question – The only questions asked were on the application. It really was more of a briefing.   Answer Question

Tallahassee, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at RGIS in December 2013.

Interview Details – not much of one, they need bodies. they ask your availability & show you a 20 minute video on how they scan inventory

Interview Question – can you work any time?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – you can't negotiate the pay or any other terms. if you are desperate for a job, then take it, but keep looking for other work. you won't get but maybe 10 or 15 hours a week scheduled

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at RGIS.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email within 24 hours. It gave me a few options for interview dates and times for the upcoming three days. For this location in Manhattan, I went to their office where there were two other people there. We watched a video about what the job entails and were later asked to meet with the manager one on one, which I thought would be more of an interview, but instead she simply asked for my availability and basically told me I was hired. Quick and painless process.

Interview Question – What is your availability?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation- the base pay is $9 and then its based on your performance

Inventory Taker

I applied online and interviewed at RGIS.

Interview Details – Easy hiring process:
 - Fill out online application
 - Complete assessing questionnaires
 - Receive interview invitation email
 - Schedule for an interview
 - On-site interview
No typical interview questions during the on-site interview, but you will watch some videos and ask questions about the job.
After you accept the offer, you will have a training session within the next couple days.

Lancaster, PA

I applied online - interviewed at RGIS in February 2013.

Interview Details – Went to Lancaster, PA office for an interview one month ago. I spent 45 minutes filling out paperwork and watched a brief video about what RGIS inventory takers do. The lady didn't introduce herself and didn't ask any me questions. She said she would get back to me, which she has yet to do. I have tried calling several times and no one will answer the phone. (Maybe the place is no longer in business.) I am worried what they might do with the personal information on the paperwork I filled out and I feel like I wasted my time. I don't want anyone else to make the same mistake I did.

Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at RGIS in January 2013.

Interview Details – After filling out an online application, I got a call to go for an interview the next day. It was a group "interview", if you could even call it that. We watched a half hour video explaining the details of the job. The interviewer did not look at my resume, references, or any other credentials that I had brought along. After the video was over, he asked everyone, "Do you still want the job?", and just like that, I was hired

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. Pay is based on your speed and accuracy in scanning.

Interviews for Top Jobs at RGIS

Worked for RGIS? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RGIS Inventory Taker interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by RGIS employees and interview candidates.