RGM Advisors, LLC

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at RGM Advisors, LLC in September 2010.

Interview Details – It was a short phone interview with HR manager. Very general questions about my background and experience in machine learning and development. Interviewer gave cold comments on my answers. It took less than 10 minutes. It was obvious that I wouldn't hear back from them.

Interview Question – Tell me about your projects in your internship   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Quantitative Researcher Interview

Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at RGM Advisors, LLC in March 2010.

Interview Details – I had a first round interview with RGM which consisted of a one-on-one phone interview with an HR woman (although I could tell it was on speaker and I believe there may have been others in the room). The interview consisted of a walk through my resume, then a series of five questions. The questions were very simple: one calculus question, one probability question, one statistics question, one *nix question, and one predictive modelling question. I answered all of the questions correctly, then she asked me a bit about my past compensation.

At the end she said that I would hear back from hear next week, and since I answered all of the questions correctly and seemed to be a good fit, I would have a second interview with the head of HR next week. If I didn't hear from her next we, she asked me to send her a follow up email as she was very busy.

The next day, I sent her a thank you note and saying that I looked forward to hearing and reiterating my interest in the firm. I heard nothing from her that next week, so I sent her a follow up email. It has now been two months and I haven't heard anything from them which obviously means that I did not get the position. Overall, a very unprofessional way to handle the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• How does one find the minima of a function (although she was a bit confused on the difference between the absolute minimum and relative minima)?   View Answer
  • What is stochastic?   View Answer
  • Find the median of a group of six numbers.   Answer Question
  • For what is the "grep" command used?   Answer Question
  • Which is a better predictive model given certain conditions?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for RGM Advisors, LLC? Contribute to the Community!

RGM Advisors, LLC – Why Work for Us?

In 2001, Robbie Robinette (with a background in physics), Richard Gorelick (with a legal and business background) and Mark Melton (with a background in machine learning) founded RGM, initially setting up business… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RGM Advisors, LLC Quantitative Researcher interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by RGM Advisors, LLC employees and interview candidates.