RGM Advisors, LLC

RGM Advisors, LLC Quantitative Researcher Interview Questions

2.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Quantitative Researcher Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RGM Advisors, LLC in May 2014.

Online resume drop, phone interview scheduled by email.

The interview was a brief resume walk through with an extremely friendly recruiter. Seems like they are looking for folks with production experience, ready to bring a strategy over. Overall experience is consistent with the image they project online: technically competent but "laid back".

Interview Questions
  • The only unexpected feature was an absence of technical questions or a follow up problem.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for RGM Advisors, LLC

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at RGM Advisors, LLC in September 2010.

It was a short phone interview with HR manager. Very general questions about my background and experience in machine learning and development. Interviewer gave cold comments on my answers. It took less than 10 minutes. It was obvious that I wouldn't hear back from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took a dayinterviewed at RGM Advisors, LLC in March 2010.

I had a first round interview with RGM which consisted of a one-on-one phone interview with an HR woman (although I could tell it was on speaker and I believe there may have been others in the room). The interview consisted of a walk through my resume, then a series of five questions. The questions were very simple: one calculus question, one probability question, one statistics question, one *nix question, and one predictive modelling question. I answered all of the questions correctly, then she asked me a bit about my past compensation.

At the end she said that I would hear back from hear next week, and since I answered all of the questions correctly and seemed to be a good fit, I would have a second interview with the head of HR next week. If I didn't hear from her next we, she asked me to send her a follow up email as she was very busy.

The next day, I sent her a thank you note and saying that I looked forward to hearing and reiterating my interest in the firm. I heard nothing from her that next week, so I sent her a follow up email. It has now been two months and I haven't heard anything from them which obviously means that I did not get the position. Overall, a very unprofessional way to handle the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • How does one find the minima of a function (although she was a bit confused on the difference between the absolute minimum and relative minima)?   View Answer
    • What is stochastic?   View Answer
    • Find the median of a group of six numbers.   Answer Question
    • For what is the "grep" command used?   Answer Question
    • Which is a better predictive model given certain conditions?   Answer Question