RGP

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RGP in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by an in person interview. The 2 people I spoke with and met were very nice, very down to earth and respectful of my experience. They described the position and provided great info in terms of company background, the business model and the job requirements. I thoroughly enjoyed the interview and I was completely comfortable speaking with the client services folks whom I met with.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions, but you should be prepared to share a prior challenging experience and how you confronted, managed, and solved the problem.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really was no need for negotiation. The salary offer was appropriate and they pay their consultants overtime after 40 hours/week, which is very rare, yet very nice!

Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at RGP in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was 2.5 hours and very detailed. It was a little long, but I was given a lot of information and they went through various scenarios to match my skills to those required by various clients.

Interview Question – A lot of time was spent getting me to clarify the differences between Basel requirements and Stress Testing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at RGP.

Interview Details – Grey hair wanted. Looking for salable niches for clients. Make sure to include high demand searchwords: SAP / ORACLE / SQL / project management / supply chain management.

Negotiation Details – they tell you what the rates are. You have option to accept /decline, or negotiate for higher rate if possible.

Very Easy Interview

Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at RGP in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by a Recruiting Manager almost immediately. The phone interview consisted of basic screening questions and walking the recruiter through my CV. Was invited to an interview at their office in downtown LA. Having interviewed previously with PwC, I was expecting a full and comprehensive drill down of my qualifications and experience, but the meeting consisted of them giving me a benefits package and a short 1:1 with a Client Manager who more or less asked me to give him my professional contacts. The Recruiter and Client Manager were both very frank about likelihood of project placement and factors feeding into placement.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume....   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There is really no path for growth. This is a company for career consultants and other than moving to Client Development, there is no upward mobility. Lack of mentorship / professional development.

Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at RGP in December 2010.

Interview Details – Everyone was very professional and very specific as to why they did not hire me.

Interview Question – Tell me what you would do to mentor your peers.   Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Utrecht (Netherlands)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at RGP in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interview process where they really test you and your knowledge and skill, be prepared

Interview Question – Explain to me where you want to be in 10 years and how RGP fits in that process   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they squeeze you, so be upfront on your rate and don't admit too easy

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at RGP in October 2011.

Interview Details – Very easy very simple.

Interview Question – What would you like least to do going forward?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Seriously consider negotiating. I didn't and regretted it immediately

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RGP in November 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiter met me at a coffee shop (which I found strange).

The purpose seemed to be data gathering for competive reasons.

Interview Questions

• What would be an ideal position for you.   View Answer
  • Tell me three adjectives that your co-workers would use to describe you.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at RGP in January 2010.

Interview Details – I contacted the recruiter directly through a LinkedIn connection after a recruiter suggested this company to me. RGP hires experienced consultants and "are Big 4 snobs" according to the recruiter. My Big 4 experience was old so I had not included it on my resume, but the recruiter warmed to me as soon as I mentioned it as part of my background. RGP had a down year in 2009 as seen in their financials. SInce they are public these are easily obtainable. They had tried to hang on to consultants as long as possible, but because the consultants do not get paid when not billable, many did leave. RGP likes to stock pile resumes and then when they win an engagement that requires specific skills they try to bring that person on board. This is a quasi variable rate model since they do bring people on as W-2 employees, but they do not pay people when unbillable.

Interview Question – I don't remember any questions as being particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at RGP

Worked for RGP? Contribute to the Community!

RGP Videos

RGP – Why Work for Us?

About Us We serve business from the inside. Partnering with client teams, we solve problems, implement initiatives and help drive change through all levels of businesses all over the world. Traditional consulting firms… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RGP Consultant interview questions and advice. All 9 interview reviews posted anonymously by RGP employees and interview candidates.