RGP

Updated Dec 16, 2014

2.7

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at RGP.

Basically you are hired on a project by project basis and paid on a W-2, with time and a half if you earn it, which is rare. You interview with the Client Services Director and the client on a project by project basis; therefore, based on the selectivity of the director and the client, you may not be allowed to work the project even though you are ready and available to work. You need to understand that this company should really be viewed as temporary / contract work. They are local office based and their hourly rates are not as much as the Big 4, consequently, they will not fly you into another city to work for another office just to insure you stay chargeable ( and be able to pay your bills) . Their business model will not support putting you into a hotel room and paying for your flight. In fact if you live away from their local offices they will not pay for you to fly you in to interview.

Interview Questions
  • It took quite some time to really pin them down on the gist of how their set up works. So at the end of the day I think we all need to know that if you are like most of us and you have bills that have to be paid on a monthly basis, and your mortgage company and your utility companies will not agree to be paid only when you work projects, then you can't really work here, unless you are retired and already have an income coming in. I guess when you see them posting jobs in the market place it seems like they are real jobs and then you find out they are temporary jobs.   View Answer

Other Interview Reviews for RGP

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at RGP in July 2014.

The process was as follows:
    1) Submitted resume,
    2) Was contacted by an RGP Recruiter to set up an interview
    3) Spoke on the phone for about an hour, typical questions nothing out of the ordinary; I believe the word I am looking for is “humdrum”.
    4) Next step was to meet the partner.
    5) Interview was to last about 30 minutes, mine lasted 1 ½ hours as we both went on tangents. And had a great time just chatting. (I have to say the partner for the DC office is a very inclusive person). Partner stated he could work with me.
    6) Went home and did not receive another call from them for 3 months. (I am not going to provide conjecture as to why).

Interview Questions
    • Questions were simple and to the point. Nothing a professional has not heard before.   Answer Question
    It was a contract. They had a dollar value in mind and a length of contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at RGP in October 2013.

Phone interview, followed by an in person interview. The 2 people I spoke with and met were very nice, very down to earth and respectful of my experience. They described the position and provided great info in terms of company background, the business model and the job requirements. I thoroughly enjoyed the interview and I was completely comfortable speaking with the client services folks whom I met with.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions, but you should be prepared to share a prior challenging experience and how you confronted, managed, and solved the problem.   View Answer
    There really was no need for negotiation. The salary offer was appropriate and they pay their consultants overtime after 40 hours/week, which is very rare, yet very nice!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at RGP in October 2013.

The interview was 2.5 hours and very detailed. It was a little long, but I was given a lot of information and they went through various scenarios to match my skills to those required by various clients.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of time was spent getting me to clarify the differences between Basel requirements and Stress Testing.   Answer Question
    Very easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RGP.

Grey hair wanted. Looking for salable niches for clients. Make sure to include high demand searchwords: SAP / ORACLE / SQL / project management / supply chain management.

they tell you what the rates are. You have option to accept /decline, or negotiate for higher rate if possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RGP in May 2012.

Applied online and was contacted by a Recruiting Manager almost immediately. The phone interview consisted of basic screening questions and walking the recruiter through my CV. Was invited to an interview at their office in downtown LA. Having interviewed previously with PwC, I was expecting a full and comprehensive drill down of my qualifications and experience, but the meeting consisted of them giving me a benefits package and a short 1:1 with a Client Manager who more or less asked me to give him my professional contacts. The Recruiter and Client Manager were both very frank about likelihood of project placement and factors feeding into placement.

Interview Questions

There is really no path for growth. This is a company for career consultants and other than moving to Client Development, there is no upward mobility. Lack of mentorship / professional development.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at RGP in December 2010.

Everyone was very professional and very specific as to why they did not hire me.

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RGP in October 2011.

Very easy very simple.

Interview Questions
    Seriously consider negotiating. I didn't and regretted it immediately

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utrecht (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utrecht (Netherlands)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at RGP in December 2010.

Interview process where they really test you and your knowledge and skill, be prepared

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me where you want to be in 10 years and how RGP fits in that process   Answer Question
    they squeeze you, so be upfront on your rate and don't admit too easy

Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at RGP in January 2010.

I contacted the recruiter directly through a LinkedIn connection after a recruiter suggested this company to me. RGP hires experienced consultants and "are Big 4 snobs" according to the recruiter. My Big 4 experience was old so I had not included it on my resume, but the recruiter warmed to me as soon as I mentioned it as part of my background. RGP had a down year in 2009 as seen in their financials. SInce they are public these are easily obtainable. They had tried to hang on to consultants as long as possible, but because the consultants do not get paid when not billable, many did leave. RGP likes to stock pile resumes and then when they win an engagement that requires specific skills they try to bring that person on board. This is a quasi variable rate model since they do bring people on as W-2 employees, but they do not pay people when unbillable.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any questions as being particularly difficult.   Answer Question