RGP Consultant Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

9 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at RGP in October 2013.

Phone interview, followed by an in person interview. The 2 people I spoke with and met were very nice, very down to earth and respectful of my experience. They described the position and provided great info in terms of company background, the business model and the job requirements. I thoroughly enjoyed the interview and I was completely comfortable speaking with the client services folks whom I met with.

Interview Questions
  • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions, but you should be prepared to share a prior challenging experience and how you confronted, managed, and solved the problem.   View Answer
There really was no need for negotiation. The salary offer was appropriate and they pay their consultants overtime after 40 hours/week, which is very rare, yet very nice!

Other Interview Reviews for RGP

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at RGP in October 2013.

The interview was 2.5 hours and very detailed. It was a little long, but I was given a lot of information and they went through various scenarios to match my skills to those required by various clients.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of time was spent getting me to clarify the differences between Basel requirements and Stress Testing.   Answer Question
    Very easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at RGP.

Grey hair wanted. Looking for salable niches for clients. Make sure to include high demand searchwords: SAP / ORACLE / SQL / project management / supply chain management.

they tell you what the rates are. You have option to accept /decline, or negotiate for higher rate if possible.

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at RGP in May 2012.

Applied online and was contacted by a Recruiting Manager almost immediately. The phone interview consisted of basic screening questions and walking the recruiter through my CV. Was invited to an interview at their office in downtown LA. Having interviewed previously with PwC, I was expecting a full and comprehensive drill down of my qualifications and experience, but the meeting consisted of them giving me a benefits package and a short 1:1 with a Client Manager who more or less asked me to give him my professional contacts. The Recruiter and Client Manager were both very frank about likelihood of project placement and factors feeding into placement.

Interview Questions

There is really no path for growth. This is a company for career consultants and other than moving to Client Development, there is no upward mobility. Lack of mentorship / professional development.

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at RGP in December 2010.

Everyone was very professional and very specific as to why they did not hire me.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Utrecht (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Utrecht (Netherlands)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at RGP in December 2010.

Interview process where they really test you and your knowledge and skill, be prepared

Interview Questions
    • Explain to me where you want to be in 10 years and how RGP fits in that process   Answer Question
    they squeeze you, so be upfront on your rate and don't admit too easy

Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at RGP in October 2011.

Very easy very simple.

Interview Questions
    Seriously consider negotiating. I didn't and regretted it immediately

Consultant Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at RGP in November 2009.

Recruiter met me at a coffee shop (which I found strange).

The purpose seemed to be data gathering for competive reasons.

Interview Questions
    • What would be an ideal position for you.   View Answer
    • Tell me three adjectives that your co-workers would use to describe you.   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at RGP in January 2010.

I contacted the recruiter directly through a LinkedIn connection after a recruiter suggested this company to me. RGP hires experienced consultants and "are Big 4 snobs" according to the recruiter. My Big 4 experience was old so I had not included it on my resume, but the recruiter warmed to me as soon as I mentioned it as part of my background. RGP had a down year in 2009 as seen in their financials. SInce they are public these are easily obtainable. They had tried to hang on to consultants as long as possible, but because the consultants do not get paid when not billable, many did leave. RGP likes to stock pile resumes and then when they win an engagement that requires specific skills they try to bring that person on board. This is a quasi variable rate model since they do bring people on as W-2 employees, but they do not pay people when unbillable.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any questions as being particularly difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for RGP? Contribute to the Community!