RGP Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.8

Recruiting Manager Interview

Interview

RGP set up a phone screen, then never called. This was done a week in advance of the interview The recruiter then went completely dark on me, and never followed up. This is how you recruit a recruiter? If you're a recruiter, I'd avoid this organization. Highly unprofessional.

Project Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at RGP.

Interview

Very thorough, but kept me informed along the way. They contacted several ex employers and friends. I had several in person and phone interviews. In addition RGP talked to people around town that knew me.

Interview Questions

• How do handle receiving confusing instructions from supervisor   1 Answer

Data Analysis Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RGP.

Interview

The phone interview lasted 1 minutes, and the recruiter almost do all the talking during the phone interview. Especially focus on the background of the company. She explains a lot about the company and how the job works. In the end, the recuiter told me that she will put my resume in the system, and will contact me if there are some contact job that will suitable for me.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at RGP.

Interview

Basically you are hired on a project by project basis and paid on a W-2, with time and a half if you earn it, which is rare. You interview with the Client Services Director and the client on a project by project basis; therefore, based on the selectivity of the director and the client, you may not be allowed to work the project even though you are ready and available to work. You need to understand that this company should really be viewed as temporary / contract work. They are local office based and their hourly rates are not as much as the Big 4, consequently, they will not fly you into another city to work for another office just to insure you stay chargeable ( and be able to pay your bills) . Their business model will not support putting you into a hotel room and paying for your flight. In fact if you live away from their local offices they will not pay for you to fly you in to interview.

Interview Questions

• It took quite some time to really pin them down on the gist of how their set up works. So at the end of the day I think we all need to know that if you are like most of us and you have bills that have to be paid on a monthly basis, and your mortgage company and your utility companies will not agree to be paid only when you work projects, then you can't really work here, unless you are retired and already have an income coming in. I guess when you see them posting jobs in the market place it seems like they are real jobs and then you find out they are temporary jobs.   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at RGP.

Interview

Very thorough. RGP checked references in a more detailed manner than any other employer I know of. Interview questions were behavior based. The interviewers were very friendly. I found all the RGP employees friendly.

Negotiation

Offer was very fair.

Project Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at RGP in December 2014.

Interview

I had applied on LinkedIn for the Portfolio Management Consultant position and when contacted by the Recruiter , I was told that they may not always have Portfolio level and it maybe Project Management Consulting and if I mind that , which I said I don't. I was scheduled to meet with the team in San Francisco office, but I found myself with another requiter. Her lack of knowledge on project management and the characteristics of a capable project manager was so irritating. She was talking with a recruiter fake smile with an attack to my background. She was reading my resume for the first time and questioning my experience without even being in that level to understand when you explain something to her. I have more than 12 years of impressive project management experience around the world and she was basically just looking at my US experience. When I told't her my hourly expected rate she got a sarcastic gesture and started telling me that my price is $30/hr less than what I'm expecting and good luck to find what I think. I am 36 years old looking much younger but my experience should have showed her that I'm not young , however she kept talking to me like she is giving a teenager a lesson. I had never had such an unpleasant interview ever and although she told me that she will talk to her colleagues to see if they have any fit for me, I would not accept working with a company that their representative is such recruiter.

Interview Questions

• How many years of work experience in the U.S.!!!   1 Answer

As a consulting company they told me that they will contact me when a project comes up but I am declining any opportunity with this company even higher than my expected rate.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at RGP (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

Met with an Account Exec to interview for one position that was a different module than my skill set. Was then advised I would be a great fit for another role (with a financial institution). Mentioned this was not the route I wanted to take but was constantly told I would be such a great fit. Interviewed with the client via phone and was offered the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was with RGP when I was being told about the client.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at RGP (Washington, DC) in July 2014.

Interview

The process was as follows: 1) Submitted resume, 2) Was contacted by an RGP Recruiter to set up an interview 3) Spoke on the phone for about an hour, typical questions nothing out of the ordinary; I believe the word I am looking for is “humdrum”. 4) Next step was to meet the partner. 5) Interview was to last about 30 minutes, mine lasted 1 ½ hours as we both went on tangents. And had a great time just chatting. (I have to say the partner for the DC office is a very inclusive person). Partner stated he could work with me. 6) Went home and did not receive another call from them for 3 months. (I am not going to provide conjecture as to why).

Interview Questions

• Questions were simple and to the point. Nothing a professional has not heard before.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a contract. They had a dollar value in mind and a length of contract.

Client Services Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at RGP (Parsippany, NJ) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone Screen: Standard behavioral questions including a very detailed application process. In Person Interviews: Standard half hour interviews with tell me about yourself type questions. Overall:The process is very long and slow. RGP needs to figure out how to make decisions faster.They ensure you meet everyone in the office, including the Managing Director and other Client Service Directors.

Interview Questions

• Detailed question on your sales experience and client cultivation   Answer Question

Interview

RGP believes in "hire slow, fire fast". As such, one goes through a number of interviews so RGP can assess the fit. One meets with each of the Managing Directors, the Regional Director, the practice line leader and team members, and recruiting. The process can take a month or more. Interviews are friendly and not too complicated. Behavioral questions are asked.

Interview Questions

• Not coming from a sales role previously, the most challenging question concerned ability to do the sales job.   Answer Question