RGP

Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at RGP in July 2014.

The process was as follows:
    1) Submitted resume,
    2) Was contacted by an RGP Recruiter to set up an interview
    3) Spoke on the phone for about an hour, typical questions nothing out of the ordinary; I believe the word I am looking for is “humdrum”.
    4) Next step was to meet the partner.
    5) Interview was to last about 30 minutes, mine lasted 1 ½ hours as we both went on tangents. And had a great time just chatting. (I have to say the partner for the DC office is a very inclusive person). Partner stated he could work with me.
    6) Went home and did not receive another call from them for 3 months. (I am not going to provide conjecture as to why).

Interview Questions
    • Questions were simple and to the point. Nothing a professional has not heard before.   Answer Question
    It was a contract. They had a dollar value in mind and a length of contract.

Client Services Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at RGP in December 2013.

Phone Screen: Standard behavioral questions including a very detailed application process.

In Person Interviews: Standard half hour interviews with tell me about yourself type questions.

Overall:The process is very long and slow. RGP needs to figure out how to make decisions faster.They ensure you meet everyone in the office, including the Managing Director and other Client Service Directors.

Interview Questions
    • Detailed question on your sales experience and client cultivation   Answer Question

Client Services Director Interview

RGP believes in "hire slow, fire fast". As such, one goes through a number of interviews so RGP can assess the fit. One meets with each of the Managing Directors, the Regional Director, the practice line leader and team members, and recruiting. The process can take a month or more. Interviews are friendly and not too complicated. Behavioral questions are asked.

Interview Questions
    • Not coming from a sales role previously, the most challenging question concerned ability to do the sales job.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

In-office interview with recruiter. Very detailed and extensive.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of questions about your experience and skills. Very detailed.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at RGP in October 2013.

Phone interview, followed by an in person interview. The 2 people I spoke with and met were very nice, very down to earth and respectful of my experience. They described the position and provided great info in terms of company background, the business model and the job requirements. I thoroughly enjoyed the interview and I was completely comfortable speaking with the client services folks whom I met with.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions, but you should be prepared to share a prior challenging experience and how you confronted, managed, and solved the problem.   View Answer
    There really was no need for negotiation. The salary offer was appropriate and they pay their consultants overtime after 40 hours/week, which is very rare, yet very nice!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at RGP in October 2013.

The interview was 2.5 hours and very detailed. It was a little long, but I was given a lot of information and they went through various scenarios to match my skills to those required by various clients.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of time was spent getting me to clarify the differences between Basel requirements and Stress Testing.   Answer Question
    Very easy

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RGP in August 2013.

My resume was forwarded to a client services manager via a colleague. I followed up about a week out. Had a phone screen conversation with a recruiter and client services manager. Scheduled an on-site interview with them both. Was sent a link to fill out a long information seeking profile but was given the option of wait until after the interview to complete it, to see if I found the opportunity to be a good fit. The recruiter was cordial, engaging and respectful. The questions were straightforward, tell me about yourself, what types of projects have you worked on, what types of roles are you most comfortable. Was given a spiel about the company, benefits and types of clients. The recruiter was candid about the pipeline of project work and the likelihood of being assigned. The client services manager did not join us, was held up by an important phone call.

Interview Questions
    • What has your billing rate been in the past?   View Answer

IMO, RGP uses the detailed profile application information to enhance their skills database for response to client proposals and the likelihood of being assigned to a project or not is random. Strictly project work, no lateral or upward mobility, little to no professional development and very little resources available once you are at the client site.

Project Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at RGP.

Contacted for screening interview - interviewer was respectful of time contraints and flexible as well as on-time for scheduled calls. Screener was personable and thorough - initial call was about 30 minutes. In person interview in local office with multiple individuals - approximately one hour and focused on behavioral questions. Responsive to my questions and mutually interested in a cultural match as well as complimentary client management philosophy.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't find any of the questions to be outside the realm of what is expected in this type of interview. If you have prepared, you primary concern will be making sure your work style perferences and skills are a good match.   Answer Question
    Very open to negotiation and up front with available opportunities.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RGP.

Submit resume. If you have needed skill sets, invitation will be sent to you to interview. Interview is to determine your experience, skill sets, personality that would work in a "consulting" role. It was a couple weeks after the interview I was called back to begin working on a specific project. the project was not disclosed at the time of the interview, but in fact, it was a good fit with my background and abilities.

Interview Questions
    • RGP didn't play any games - very straight forward in the interview process. They do go back a completely verify you employment and education history. we had a consultant that joined us for a couple of days on a project but was immediately fired when it turned out he falsified parts of his resume and salary history.   Answer Question
    Projects are sold at competitive rates. RGP took into consideration my experience and MBA and gave me a good hourly rate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RGP.

Grey hair wanted. Looking for salable niches for clients. Make sure to include high demand searchwords: SAP / ORACLE / SQL / project management / supply chain management.

they tell you what the rates are. You have option to accept /decline, or negotiate for higher rate if possible.