RGP

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Services Director Interview

Client Services Director
Parsippany, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at RGP in December 2013.

Interview Details – Phone Screen: Standard behavioral questions including a very detailed application process.

In Person Interviews: Standard half hour interviews with tell me about yourself type questions.

Overall:The process is very long and slow. RGP needs to figure out how to make decisions faster.They ensure you meet everyone in the office, including the Managing Director and other Client Service Directors.

Interview Question – Detailed question on your sales experience and client cultivation   Answer Question

Consultant
Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at RGP in October 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, followed by an in person interview. The 2 people I spoke with and met were very nice, very down to earth and respectful of my experience. They described the position and provided great info in terms of company background, the business model and the job requirements. I thoroughly enjoyed the interview and I was completely comfortable speaking with the client services folks whom I met with.

Interview Question – There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions, but you should be prepared to share a prior challenging experience and how you confronted, managed, and solved the problem.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There really was no need for negotiation. The salary offer was appropriate and they pay their consultants overtime after 40 hours/week, which is very rare, yet very nice!

Client Services Director Interview

Client Services Director

Interviewed at RGP

Interview Details – RGP believes in "hire slow, fire fast". As such, one goes through a number of interviews so RGP can assess the fit. One meets with each of the Managing Directors, the Regional Director, the practice line leader and team members, and recruiting. The process can take a month or more. Interviews are friendly and not too complicated. Behavioral questions are asked.

Interview Question – Not coming from a sales role previously, the most challenging question concerned ability to do the sales job.   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Parsippany, NJ

Interviewed at RGP

Interview Details – In-office interview with recruiter. Very detailed and extensive.

Interview Question – Lots of questions about your experience and skills. Very detailed.   Answer Question

Consultant
Charlotte, NC

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at RGP in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was 2.5 hours and very detailed. It was a little long, but I was given a lot of information and they went through various scenarios to match my skills to those required by various clients.

Interview Question – A lot of time was spent getting me to clarify the differences between Basel requirements and Stress Testing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very easy

Very Easy Interview

Senior Manager Interview

Senior Manager
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RGP in August 2013.

Interview Details – My resume was forwarded to a client services manager via a colleague. I followed up about a week out. Had a phone screen conversation with a recruiter and client services manager. Scheduled an on-site interview with them both. Was sent a link to fill out a long information seeking profile but was given the option of wait until after the interview to complete it, to see if I found the opportunity to be a good fit. The recruiter was cordial, engaging and respectful. The questions were straightforward, tell me about yourself, what types of projects have you worked on, what types of roles are you most comfortable. Was given a spiel about the company, benefits and types of clients. The recruiter was candid about the pipeline of project work and the likelihood of being assigned. The client services manager did not join us, was held up by an important phone call.

Interview Question – What has your billing rate been in the past?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – IMO, RGP uses the detailed profile application information to enhance their skills database for response to client proposals and the likelihood of being assigned to a project or not is random. Strictly project work, no lateral or upward mobility, little to no professional development and very little resources available once you are at the client site.

Project Consultant Interview

Project Consultant

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at RGP.

Interview Details – Contacted for screening interview - interviewer was respectful of time contraints and flexible as well as on-time for scheduled calls. Screener was personable and thorough - initial call was about 30 minutes. In person interview in local office with multiple individuals - approximately one hour and focused on behavioral questions. Responsive to my questions and mutually interested in a cultural match as well as complimentary client management philosophy.

Interview Question – I didn't find any of the questions to be outside the realm of what is expected in this type of interview. If you have prepared, you primary concern will be making sure your work style perferences and skills are a good match.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very open to negotiation and up front with available opportunities.

Management Consultant Interview

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at RGP.

Interview Details – Submit resume. If you have needed skill sets, invitation will be sent to you to interview. Interview is to determine your experience, skill sets, personality that would work in a "consulting" role. It was a couple weeks after the interview I was called back to begin working on a specific project. the project was not disclosed at the time of the interview, but in fact, it was a good fit with my background and abilities.

Interview Question – RGP didn't play any games - very straight forward in the interview process. They do go back a completely verify you employment and education history. we had a consultant that joined us for a couple of days on a project but was immediately fired when it turned out he falsified parts of his resume and salary history.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Projects are sold at competitive rates. RGP took into consideration my experience and MBA and gave me a good hourly rate.

Copnsultant Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at RGP in February 2011.

Interview Details – They typically call you in to interview when they have a project in mind you can fill. They have recruiting staff who talk to you first over the phone. You then go in for a face to face interview with the recruiting staff and they bring in some client service managers to speak with you as well.

Interview Question – Eveything asked was very standard, no difficult or surprising questions   Answer Question

Dallas, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at RGP.

Interview Details – Grey hair wanted. Looking for salable niches for clients. Make sure to include high demand searchwords: SAP / ORACLE / SQL / project management / supply chain management.

Negotiation Details – they tell you what the rates are. You have option to accept /decline, or negotiate for higher rate if possible.

Interviews for Top Jobs at RGP

Worked for RGP? Contribute to the Community!

RGP Videos

RGP – Why Work for Us?

About Us We serve business from the inside. Partnering with client teams, we solve problems, implement initiatives and help drive change through all levels of businesses all over the world. Traditional consulting firms… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at RGP interview questions and advice. All 36 interview reviews posted anonymously by RGP employees and interview candidates.