RGP

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at RGP in October 2011.

Interview Details – Recruited through Linked In, Personal Interviews, Group Market Reviews more personal interviews with potential client. Project identified and secured, then hired.

Interview Question – How would you feel about helping to join sales staff and scope new projects while engaged at a client?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at RGP in May 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and was contacted by a Recruiting Manager almost immediately. The phone interview consisted of basic screening questions and walking the recruiter through my CV. Was invited to an interview at their office in downtown LA. Having interviewed previously with PwC, I was expecting a full and comprehensive drill down of my qualifications and experience, but the meeting consisted of them giving me a benefits package and a short 1:1 with a Client Manager who more or less asked me to give him my professional contacts. The Recruiter and Client Manager were both very frank about likelihood of project placement and factors feeding into placement.

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume....   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – There is really no path for growth. This is a company for career consultants and other than moving to Client Development, there is no upward mobility. Lack of mentorship / professional development.

Project Consultant Interview

Project Consultant
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at RGP in April 2010.

Interview Details – Very collegiate, personal and professional approach. No hardball questions. They treat senior level professionals they interview in a respectful manner.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight-forward. They ask what you want to make and are somewhat flexible on your rate.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Associate, Supply CHain Interview

Associate, Supply CHain
Houston, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at RGP in August 2011.

Interview Details – Initially asked to submit employment history and resume online with a subsequent phone interview. Interviewed for 2 hours in person with a one and one and then a panel of interviewers. Very thorough questioning on skills; it is best to think every possible skill (no matter how trivial) that you have learned.
Only experienced professionals need apply with this company.

Interview Question – Describe how you function in a team environment and what you do if there is a problem team member.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation; offered a salary rate on a take it or leave it basis.

Supply Chain Interview

Supply Chain
Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at RGP in September 2011.

Interview Details – I found this to be very professional and was held in an environment of open exchange. I felt the interviewers had the company's interests in mind during the interview, and maintained focus on waht the company offered while assessing the value I could bring. All in all, a really great professional session! The process was fully explained,so my expectations were not to be offered a position immediately, but rather over the course of the process. Thus far, a very positive experience, irrespective of the outcome.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult thing you've ever had to do to a client's company?   View Answer

Project Consultant Interview

Project Consultant
Denver, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at RGP in March 2011.

Interview Details – Interview went very well Recruiting director promised assignments within 3 weeks to a month. 2 months later I get a call saying they just started working on my background check. The assistant asked me to wait a little longer. I withdrew my application.

Interview Question – Describe a project that you worked on from start to finish   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I withdrew my application.

Very Easy Interview

Management Consolodation Interview

Management Consolodation
Nashville, TN

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at RGP in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview at the Nashville office based off the resume I had submitted on line. The office had only two people working it. I don't recall the phone ringing once during my hour and a half interview. My take away impression was that this branch was not doing very well. The interviewer was nice enough but didn't ask any in depth details about my background or experience, rather they talked about the company, benefits and pay scheme. When I asked if they had any positions open the answer was that they were working on some but nothing definate at that time. I mentioned that I was interested in jobs outside of the Nashville area but they weren't interested in discussing that option. I left the interview(?) feeling that it was a complete waste of my time.

Several weeks later I got a call wanting me to fill out a marketing profile for a positon they were working on and wanted to know how soon I would be availabe for a phone interview. They wouldn't tell me the name of the company until after I agreed to an interview. They sent me a job description late in the afternoon for the next day's phone interview. There was very little time to investigate the company or prepare for the interview.

While the phone interview went well, the Resources representative said virtually nothing. At one point the interviewer asked if they were still awake. The interview lasted a little over an hour. It's common procedure that after an interview the recruiter calls the candidate back and give some feedback. I've never heard back from the Resources representative. Consequently I was left with a bad taste in my mouth and won't be taking calls from them should they call again.

Interview Question – Tell me about the last company you worked for.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at RGP in December 2010.

Interview Details – Everyone was very professional and very specific as to why they did not hire me.

Interview Question – Tell me what you would do to mentor your peers.   Answer Question

Client Service Director Interview

Client Service Director
San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at RGP in February 2010.

Interview Details – Standard stuff. Recruiter called me. Light phone screen. Met with Practice Lead and Office GM on day 1. Then a week later met with 3 other client service directors and an HR person.

Interview Question – How will you perform biz dev in this role? What is your biz dev experience?   View Answer

Associate Interview

Associate
Seattle, WA

The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at RGP in March 2008.

Interview Details – First, as normal in most industries now, had a 15 minute phone interview to answer some questions about my experience and resume. Since Resources hires to fill a need with one of their clients directly I assumed it was to make sure I was a fit for a consulting placement.

In a few days I was asked to come in for a 1:1 interview with one of Resources' recruiters. About half the interview was spend explaining the Resources model and how that differed from other staffing agencies and consulting firms. Most questions towards me seemed to focus in on assessing my ability to be calm and collected in a new situation with one of their clients. At the end I was told that if the client was open, I would be scheduled for an interview with them soon.

A few days later, I was called to schedule an interview with their client on site. I first came to the Resources office for a few minutes of coaching about the client and Resources' understanding of the client's needs. Then left for the client interview unaccompanied by any Resources staff. I won't go into the client interview as this will differ depending on the client they send you too.

It was about 10 to 12 days later when they finally had an answer of no from the client. On the same call from Resources I was then told they had another potential and would contact me back soon. A couple of days later I was scheduled for a phone interview with another potential client. This went quickly and no follow up in-person interview was asked for. After a week I was called in to sign the paperwork and be sent to the client location.

Interview Question – When you are placed in a new and unfamiliar situation, what is your general plan of action?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Resources likes to tell you compensation is not all based on what they get from the client contract so they tend to be very opaque in what they are receiving. As typical for the consulting industry they generally pay to the employee under 50% of what they bill to the client.