RGP Interview Questions

Updated Apr 2, 2015

2.8

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RGP (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

My resume was forwarded to a client services manager via a colleague. I followed up about a week out. Had a phone screen conversation with a recruiter and client services manager. Scheduled an on-site interview with them both. Was sent a link to fill out a long information seeking profile but was given the option of wait until after the interview to complete it, to see if I found the opportunity to be a good fit. The recruiter was cordial, engaging and respectful. The questions were straightforward, tell me about yourself, what types of projects have you worked on, what types of roles are you most comfortable. Was given a spiel about the company, benefits and types of clients. The recruiter was candid about the pipeline of project work and the likelihood of being assigned. The client services manager did not join us, was held up by an important phone call.

Interview Questions

• What has your billing rate been in the past?   1 Answer

IMO, RGP uses the detailed profile application information to enhance their skills database for response to client proposals and the likelihood of being assigned to a project or not is random. Strictly project work, no lateral or upward mobility, little to no professional development and very little resources available once you are at the client site.

Project Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at RGP.

Interview

Contacted for screening interview - interviewer was respectful of time contraints and flexible as well as on-time for scheduled calls. Screener was personable and thorough - initial call was about 30 minutes. In person interview in local office with multiple individuals - approximately one hour and focused on behavioral questions. Responsive to my questions and mutually interested in a cultural match as well as complimentary client management philosophy.

Interview Questions

• I didn't find any of the questions to be outside the realm of what is expected in this type of interview. If you have prepared, you primary concern will be making sure your work style perferences and skills are a good match.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very open to negotiation and up front with available opportunities.

Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RGP (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Submit resume. If you have needed skill sets, invitation will be sent to you to interview. Interview is to determine your experience, skill sets, personality that would work in a "consulting" role. It was a couple weeks after the interview I was called back to begin working on a specific project. the project was not disclosed at the time of the interview, but in fact, it was a good fit with my background and abilities.

Interview Questions

• RGP didn't play any games - very straight forward in the interview process. They do go back a completely verify you employment and education history. we had a consultant that joined us for a couple of days on a project but was immediately fired when it turned out he falsified parts of his resume and salary history.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Projects are sold at competitive rates. RGP took into consideration my experience and MBA and gave me a good hourly rate.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RGP (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Grey hair wanted. Looking for salable niches for clients. Make sure to include high demand searchwords: SAP / ORACLE / SQL / project management / supply chain management.

Negotiation

they tell you what the rates are. You have option to accept /decline, or negotiate for higher rate if possible.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RGP (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a Recruiting Manager almost immediately. The phone interview consisted of basic screening questions and walking the recruiter through my CV. Was invited to an interview at their office in downtown LA. Having interviewed previously with PwC, I was expecting a full and comprehensive drill down of my qualifications and experience, but the meeting consisted of them giving me a benefits package and a short 1:1 with a Client Manager who more or less asked me to give him my professional contacts. The Recruiter and Client Manager were both very frank about likelihood of project placement and factors feeding into placement.

Interview Questions

There is really no path for growth. This is a company for career consultants and other than moving to Client Development, there is no upward mobility. Lack of mentorship / professional development.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RGP (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

Recruited through Linked In, Personal Interviews, Group Market Reviews more personal interviews with potential client. Project identified and secured, then hired.

Interview Questions

• How would you feel about helping to join sales staff and scope new projects while engaged at a client?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at RGP (Walnut Creek, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I found this to be very professional and was held in an environment of open exchange. I felt the interviewers had the company's interests in mind during the interview, and maintained focus on waht the company offered while assessing the value I could bring. All in all, a really great professional session! The process was fully explained,so my expectations were not to be offered a position immediately, but rather over the course of the process. Thus far, a very positive experience, irrespective of the outcome.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult thing you've ever had to do to a client's company?   1 Answer

Associate, Supply CHain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at RGP (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Initially asked to submit employment history and resume online with a subsequent phone interview. Interviewed for 2 hours in person with a one and one and then a panel of interviewers. Very thorough questioning on skills; it is best to think every possible skill (no matter how trivial) that you have learned.
    Only experienced professionals need apply with this company.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you function in a team environment and what you do if there is a problem team member.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation; offered a salary rate on a take it or leave it basis.

Project Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at RGP (Denver, CO) in March 2011.

Interview

Interview went very well Recruiting director promised assignments within 3 weeks to a month. 2 months later I get a call saying they just started working on my background check. The assistant asked me to wait a little longer. I withdrew my application.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project that you worked on from start to finish   Answer Question

I withdrew my application.

Copnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RGP (San Francisco, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

They typically call you in to interview when they have a project in mind you can fill. They have recruiting staff who talk to you first over the phone. You then go in for a face to face interview with the recruiting staff and they bring in some client service managers to speak with you as well.

Interview Questions

• Eveything asked was very standard, no difficult or surprising questions   Answer Question