RGP

2.8

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RGP in May 2012.

Applied online and was contacted by a Recruiting Manager almost immediately. The phone interview consisted of basic screening questions and walking the recruiter through my CV. Was invited to an interview at their office in downtown LA. Having interviewed previously with PwC, I was expecting a full and comprehensive drill down of my qualifications and experience, but the meeting consisted of them giving me a benefits package and a short 1:1 with a Client Manager who more or less asked me to give him my professional contacts. The Recruiter and Client Manager were both very frank about likelihood of project placement and factors feeding into placement.

Interview Questions

There is really no path for growth. This is a company for career consultants and other than moving to Client Development, there is no upward mobility. Lack of mentorship / professional development.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RGP in October 2011.

Recruited through Linked In, Personal Interviews, Group Market Reviews more personal interviews with potential client. Project identified and secured, then hired.

Interview Questions
    • How would you feel about helping to join sales staff and scope new projects while engaged at a client?   View Answer

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at RGP in September 2011.

I found this to be very professional and was held in an environment of open exchange. I felt the interviewers had the company's interests in mind during the interview, and maintained focus on waht the company offered while assessing the value I could bring. All in all, a really great professional session! The process was fully explained,so my expectations were not to be offered a position immediately, but rather over the course of the process. Thus far, a very positive experience, irrespective of the outcome.

Interview Questions
    • What was the most difficult thing you've ever had to do to a client's company?   View Answer

Associate, Supply CHain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at RGP in August 2011.

Initially asked to submit employment history and resume online with a subsequent phone interview. Interviewed for 2 hours in person with a one and one and then a panel of interviewers. Very thorough questioning on skills; it is best to think every possible skill (no matter how trivial) that you have learned.
    Only experienced professionals need apply with this company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe how you function in a team environment and what you do if there is a problem team member.   Answer Question
    No negotiation; offered a salary rate on a take it or leave it basis.

Project Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at RGP in March 2011.

Interview went very well Recruiting director promised assignments within 3 weeks to a month. 2 months later I get a call saying they just started working on my background check. The assistant asked me to wait a little longer. I withdrew my application.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project that you worked on from start to finish   Answer Question

I withdrew my application.

Copnsultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at RGP in February 2011.

They typically call you in to interview when they have a project in mind you can fill. They have recruiting staff who talk to you first over the phone. You then go in for a face to face interview with the recruiting staff and they bring in some client service managers to speak with you as well.

Interview Questions
    • Eveything asked was very standard, no difficult or surprising questions   Answer Question

Management Consolodation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at RGP in January 2011.

I was called for an interview at the Nashville office based off the resume I had submitted on line. The office had only two people working it. I don't recall the phone ringing once during my hour and a half interview. My take away impression was that this branch was not doing very well. The interviewer was nice enough but didn't ask any in depth details about my background or experience, rather they talked about the company, benefits and pay scheme. When I asked if they had any positions open the answer was that they were working on some but nothing definate at that time. I mentioned that I was interested in jobs outside of the Nashville area but they weren't interested in discussing that option. I left the interview(?) feeling that it was a complete waste of my time.

Several weeks later I got a call wanting me to fill out a marketing profile for a positon they were working on and wanted to know how soon I would be availabe for a phone interview. They wouldn't tell me the name of the company until after I agreed to an interview. They sent me a job description late in the afternoon for the next day's phone interview. There was very little time to investigate the company or prepare for the interview.

While the phone interview went well, the Resources representative said virtually nothing. At one point the interviewer asked if they were still awake. The interview lasted a little over an hour. It's common procedure that after an interview the recruiter calls the candidate back and give some feedback. I've never heard back from the Resources representative. Consequently I was left with a bad taste in my mouth and won't be taking calls from them should they call again.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at RGP in December 2010.

Everyone was very professional and very specific as to why they did not hire me.

Project Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at RGP in April 2010.

Very collegiate, personal and professional approach. No hardball questions. They treat senior level professionals they interview in a respectful manner.

Interview Questions
    Pretty straight-forward. They ask what you want to make and are somewhat flexible on your rate.

Client Service Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RGP in February 2010.

Standard stuff. Recruiter called me. Light phone screen. Met with Practice Lead and Office GM on day 1. Then a week later met with 3 other client service directors and an HR person.

Interview Questions
    • How will you perform biz dev in this role? What is your biz dev experience?   View Answer