RHB Bank Berhad Interview Questions

Updated Mar 9, 2015
Updated Mar 9, 2015

2.7

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at RHB Bank Berhad (Boston, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

All went smooth, based on communication and meeting expectations

Premiere Client Relationship Banker Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RHB Bank Berhad (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied in campus career fair, where I talked to recruitment team a bit. About 2 weeks later, I was interviewed by two people, hiring manager and department head. Firstly, self introduction, mostly telling them why apply this job, esp. why your experience and background fits this job. Afterwards, they asked me some questions about selling scenarios, like how to get the client's need by asking three question.

Interview Questions

• how to get the client's need by asking three question at the first time you meet him/her?   Answer Question

Premier Relationship Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RHB Bank Berhad.

Interview

Got the call for interview the next day I applied. Had a 1 on 1 interview with the Unit Sales Senior Manager. Mostly technical questions related to post applied. Interview took about 45 mins.

Interview Questions

• How to sell a financial product to a customer that do not need it?   Answer Question

Retail Broking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at RHB Bank Berhad (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in July 2014.

Interview

It was fairly easy. Not much on technical questions, surprisingly. Mostly on your social cycle. Personally feel like it is more of a sales job. Working hours and pattern follow the market time. Working as a retinal broker means you are dealing with the public. Anyone and everyone is your potential client. There will be a target to hit each month (for the brokerage)

PREMIER RELATIONSHIP BANKER Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at RHB Bank Berhad (Singapore (Singapore)) in July 2014.

Interview

First interview- called down to one of their branches for an interview with their top salesperson and their unit sales mortgage manager, overall experience was good, interviewers were professional
    Second interview- interview with head of sales and hr, overall experience was positive, enouraging interviewers who will prompt u and help you answer questions that a non-salesperson is not familiar with

Interview Questions

• What is your strength and weaknesses?
      Tell me about yourself?
      What do you think of the mortgage industry in Singapore?
      How would you motivate yourself during times of low sales?
      What do you see yourself in 3 years time?
      Why should we hire you among other candidates?

Answer Question

Negotiation

Was not able to negotiate anything, given a below market basic pay despite first class honours from a reputable university. They have competitive commissions pay structure just like other banks. They took 4 weeks to get back to me, by that time I already have other better offers and thus rejected the offer.

Executive Interview

Interview

Recruitment team will call and inform you have been short listed after screening. Interview session will be conduct with 1 HR personnel and 2 business managers. After interview, it takes about 2 week or less for HR to inform you about the result. You will be asked to go for medical check up. If everything is good, then you will be asked to sign the offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about this position? (with no experience in the field)   Answer Question

Personnel Banker Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RHB Bank Berhad (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2014.

Interview

First questions mostly revolved around your past experience, followed by role plays in the scenarios that you are trying to close a deal with a customer. Other questions revolved around your personality and what would you do under different situations. Overall the interviewers are friendly and the experience was quite a pleasant one.

Interview Questions

• Role play a scenario where you are trying to close a deal with a customer   Answer Question

Fraud & Compliance Manager: Internet & Mobile Banking Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at RHB Bank Berhad (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in September 2013.

Interview

Went for the interview session, it was lively and friendly. However the interviewers did elaborate on the position as the interview was focussing on first impression. The test was lots of charts, and understanding account statements. Did not make it to the next round, most probably either failed the test or anything, as they are not transparent why you are not selected for second interview. Few candidates did receive a call, which I believe requested 20% market increment. They wanted to lower it to 15% increment.

Interview Questions

• The same repeated question of how do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview with the manager. Interviewer asked a lot of technical questions on financial statement analysis and also motivation on why joining investment banks.

Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at RHB Bank Berhad (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in June 2013.

Interview

After contacted by HR, there will be 2 rounds of interview. First interview by the team head and second interview involve department head. During the second interview I am given 1 hour to be test on my Microsoft Excel skills.

Negotiation

Negotiate about the salary and sponsorship for professional exams.