RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology)

www.rit.edu
Unclaimed Profile

RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) Interview Questions

Updated Apr 5, 2015
Updated Apr 5, 2015

2.2

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

There was only one interview. The interview was on site. I got a tour of the whole facility as well as the campus. It was very casual and easy going. They were really trying to make you at ease.

Interview Questions

• Tells us about some of your past relevant experiences.   Answer Question

Prospect Researcher Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

Interview

Interview process was good. I was kept well informed during the process. The interview team was timely and courteous. Ithey seemed to genuinely care about whether the position was the right fit for me. I did not have to wait long for a decision.

Interview Questions

• How were you able to help guide a junior staff member who was very shy?   Answer Question

Student Experience Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

First call to interview came in abut a month after my application was submitted. Interview came in 3 phases: 1 phone interview with a group of staff (20 mins), 1 in person interview with the same group (40 mins) / interview with the dept chair (20 mins) and a final phone interview with an HR rep (10 minutes).

Rochester Institute of Technology Interview

Interview

Becoming a Grad Research Assistant is easy; you want to do research in a particular field? Find a faculty member that has the same area of research interests as you do. Go talk to him or her. Profit

Lab Assistant Interview

Interview

talked about how's your English ability and computer experience. and you just talked very freely with the interviewers. The most important part is that you are and animation graduate student of RIT.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

Interview

Related to the subjects, asked for examples for each question asked, application oriented. It was more on how would you use the knowledge in the real world. It was difficult as there were some examples that were to be used in day to day life

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) (Rochester, NY).

Interview

This was the strangest interview I ever had. The director gave an hour and a half monologue about his history and what he wants to do in the department. He literally only asked me one question: "Do you have a Master's?" There was no congratulations, no checking up on my references, no asking for transcripts. I only received a date and time I needed to show up. No contract until a week after I had already been working there.

Interview Questions

• There was only one question- "Do you have a Masters?" Not hard.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. When I was hired some years ago, I was given no documents about expectations or information. You just had to figure it out. And no contract until a week into teaching. Now, new hires are given a two-day seminar on teaching theory and handed a two-page list of expectations.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

Interview

I was contacted by email by the director of the department and agreed to have an interview the following week (I had applied on the last day). The majority of the interview was spent describing the office and the position, I was asked only a few questions: the usual tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years, have you taken classes with prof. X (used as screener), tell me about what you did in your previous jobs, do you see yourself staying in Rochester, and that type of stuff, nothing hard.

Donor Stewardship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

Interview

Had an initial phone screening with hiring manager and was very disappointed by her tone and style. Very unprofessional and appeared to be distracted. I had to keep repeating myself and was asked virtually the same question several times. Did not leave me with a positive impression

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

Interview

It was simple and as long as you can express ability to tackle dealing with student, one should be fine. The questions were asked pertaining to the subject and a good to great knowledge was needed.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions was about following puppet manifestation and setting it across the whole lab. How can one do that?   Answer Question