RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) Interview Questions & Reviews

34 interviews

2.1

Adjunct Faculty Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

This was the strangest interview I ever had. The director gave an hour and a half monologue about his history and what he wants to do in the department. He literally only asked me one question: "Do you have a Master's?" There was no congratulations, no checking up on my references, no asking for transcripts. I only received a date and time I needed to show up. No contract until a week after I had already been working there.

Interview Questions
    • There was only one question- "Do you have a Masters?" Not hard.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. When I was hired some years ago, I was given no documents about expectations or information. You just had to figure it out. And no contract until a week into teaching. Now, new hires are given a two-day seminar on teaching theory and handed a two-page list of expectations.

Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

I was contacted by email by the director of the department and agreed to have an interview the following week (I had applied on the last day). The majority of the interview was spent describing the office and the position, I was asked only a few questions: the usual tell me about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years, have you taken classes with prof. X (used as screener), tell me about what you did in your previous jobs, do you see yourself staying in Rochester, and that type of stuff, nothing hard.

Donor Stewardship Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

Had an initial phone screening with hiring manager and was very disappointed by her tone and style. Very unprofessional and appeared to be distracted. I had to keep repeating myself and was asked virtually the same question several times. Did not leave me with a positive impression

Teaching Assistant Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

It was simple and as long as you can express ability to tackle dealing with student, one should be fine. The questions were asked pertaining to the subject and a good to great knowledge was needed.

Interview Questions
    • One of the questions was about following puppet manifestation and setting it across the whole lab. How can one do that?   Answer Question

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I saw a post on the RIT Student Employment Office website and I applied by email. I received a response within two days and I had my interview scheduled for the following week. After the interview I was given a offer the next day and I started working the week after.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected was asked. Very standard interviewing process.   Answer Question

Graduate Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology) in May 2012.

Resume was submitted to the professor who is the head of the research lab by email. He set up an interview date, and with in a day he send me an offer.

Computer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology).

They asked a lot of behavior questions and there are 5 or 6 people in the interview process. But it felt pretty casual conversation.

Undergraduate Researcher Interview

i actually just had to track down and hound this professor until he finally gave me the job

Postdoctoral Research Fellow Interview

Skyped, met and was offered a position

Research Assistant Interview

One interview with the professor. Filling application form for phD program. It was not real interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for RIT (Rochester Institute of Technology)? Contribute to the Community!